• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manhattan Projects

1,044 posts in this topic

My son raised the possibility that Nick hides characters in the art. There is one that he swears is a self portrait of Nick.

Your son has a good eye;) Nick has made an appearance before (and will again in issue #17). He's also drawn in his friends and fellow artists Charles Wilson III, Tommy Patterson, Aaron Kuder, and others in past issues. As well as including other Easter eggs (not all of which make print, unfortunately...a RED WING shout-out got removed from #1, for example).

I've posted a previous version of this before, but here's an update. Love these covers.

5l3te8.jpgj82p9y.jpge5o31x.jpg2dhb8jo.jpg

2poclxx.jpg28r2r1c.jpgnycop5.jpg11biws3.jpg

68cwms.jpgx6hlx3.jpg35ltdtt.jpg2jeeatx.jpg

2ef5p34.jpg2ykymq0.jpg2cwqbb.jpgo5rlao.jpg

wc1j60.jpg25jgx3c.jpg2ldgdfm.jpgdfhd9e.jpg

in7hmr.jpg2rz9l4g.jpg2zr2iog.jpghte5p2.jpg

16k579d.jpg1192l42.jpg

2h305rt.jpg24wevjk.jpg33y18oj.jpg2qib82g.jpg

:applause:

Thanks for the update! These look fantastic, especially as a group. In that sense, similar in effect to me as the WATCHMEN covers...unique individually, but most impactful when viewed as a group.

For those who prefer more tradition comic covers, though, Nick will actually be doing some. Not for print (sorry), but as OA. He's sold several issues complete (four out of his last six issues have sold complete) and as a thank you to the buyers, he will be drawing "unpublished covers" to those issues. It's going to take him a while, but when he's done, I will post them here.

My son raised the possibility that Nick hides characters in the art. There is one that he swears is a self portrait of Nick.

Your son has a good eye;) Nick has made an appearance before (and will again in issue #17). He's also drawn in his friends and fellow artists Charles Wilson III, Tommy Patterson, Aaron Kuder, and others in past issues. As well as including other Easter eggs (not all of which make print, unfortunately...a RED WING shout-out got removed from #1, for example).

I was a big fan of The Red Wing, and was talking to Paolo at Cadence a while back about buying the cover for #4. The OA for Manhattan Projects #1 was on sale at the time - the issue had just been released. I decided I liked the look of the Oppenheimer splash, and noticed the Red Wing helmet on the shelf behind him, which I realised hadn't made it in to the final issue.

In the end, I opted for the cover. No regrets, but would have been great to get both!

2s11652.jpg

w7o76.jpg

For those who prefer more tradition comic covers, though, Nick will actually be doing some. Not for print (sorry), but as OA. He's sold several issues complete (four out of his last six issues have sold complete) and as a thank you to the buyers, he will be drawing "unpublished covers" to those issues. It's going to take him a while, but when he's done, I will post them here.

Can't wait to see these. Nick is super generous with extras.

I was a big fan of The Red Wing, and was talking to Paolo at Cadence a while back about buying the cover for #4. The OA for Manhattan Projects #1 was on sale at the time - the issue had just been released. I decided I liked the look of the Oppenheimer splash, and noticed the Red Wing helmet on the shelf behind him, which I realised hadn't made it in to the final issue.

In the end, I opted for the cover. No regrets, but would have been great to get both!

2s11652.jpg

w7o76.jpg

That's awesome!

I wasn't as big a fan of the Red Wing story (it felt rushed to me, I think it may have worked better as a longer series, like 6-10 issues), but I loved the artwork. Fantastic pickup!

2s11652.jpg

w7o76.jpg

That's awesome!

I wasn't as big a fan of the Red Wing story (it felt rushed to me, I think it may have worked better as a longer series, like 6-10 issues), but I loved the artwork. Fantastic pickup!

+1...great cover!

NYCC Hardcover for Vol. 1 from 2012

is there anything different from the softcovers? is it worth $40?

It's got the exact same contents as the TPB #1. Only reason to get it is because it's a limited edition of 500, exclusive to NYCC 2012. If that doesn't mean anything to you, then skip it.

NYCC Hardcover for Vol. 1 from 2012

is there anything different from the softcovers? is it worth $40?

It's got the exact same contents as the TPB #1. Only reason to get it is because it's a limited edition of 500, exclusive to NYCC 2012. If that doesn't mean anything to you, then skip it.

thanks. i've already got each individual issue, plus all three trades on comixology. a nice hard cover of 1-20 at some later date would be nice though.