• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Slay CGC SS Sketch Opp. With IDW Exclusive Blank

461 posts in this topic

All CGC opp books were finished an mailed off quite a while back. If the stacks I saw in Blatimore are anything to go by, they have their hands full.

Jake is far better suited than I to answer those questions. He's attending a convention in Vegas this weekend. Hopefully, he'll have more specifics for everyone upon return.

Any idea when they will get to the buyers? Its been quite a few months...

non-fast track grading is 20 business days, I believe. plus you need to take into consideration the fact that it is con season and anything non-fast tracked has been delayed.

I get that...but the books were mailed off in early June and I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't the only one that hasn't gotten his yet. Make sure it didn't get lost in the mail or something haha

I get that...but the books were mailed off in early June and I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't the only one that hasn't gotten his yet. Make sure it didn't get lost in the mail or something haha

I think mine were in that batch, too. I'm just hoping November.

So Deviant Art is on the fritz and journal updates aren't going through. Bottom line is ... there are only 8 SLOTS LEFT.

Details and list below:

MAJOR PROJECT NEWS!!!

Big news for the upcoming sketchbook "Portraits of Evil"!

For the first time, I'll be "crowd-sourcing" a project, but NOT in the way you might think. The Cobra Commander painting recently added to my gallery was the tip of the iceberg. The new sketchbook will feature 20 paintings of your favorite villains of all time and those VILLAINS will be CHOSEN BY YOU!!!!

Yup. Each page is essentially for sale and $150.00 will see your favorite villain painted and included in the book, a credit in the book for your choice, as well as the original painting arriving at you house. That's right… it's yours. The villain you requested and paid for is yours. What… did you think you were paying for nothing? HA! YOU GET ORIGIONAL ART!

A few rules: In the name of conformity, each piece will be done in the style that Cobra Commander reflects. Also… and most importantly: NO CHARACTERS AS THEY ARE PORTRAYED IN MOVIES BY ACTORS WHOS FACES ARE NOT OBSCURED! I/You… do not have the money/lawyers to secure likeness rights from the actors and/or movie studios. The book itself is FREE unless you request an origional sketch on the blank page (the inside back cover). Throughout this project and until the end of time... NO MONEY will be made from the book; ONLY THE ORIGIONAL ARTWORK. More than likely, ALL of the characters being used will be owned by someone by either copywrite or liscense. As such, full copywrite credit and info will be included for each character. This little adventure will be handled in a manner conforming to copywrite laws and matters of general buisiness etiquette.

So that's it! $150.00 and your choice of villain get you a page in the book with a credit for the choice as well as the original piece itself.

.........................UPDATE..........................

Pages include: Cobra Comander (available for sale), Thanos (available for sale), The Hound (sponsored), Dark Phoenix (sponsored), Voldemort (sponsored), Shadow the Hedgehog (sponsored), Sweet Tooth (sponsored), Mr. Rictus (sponsored), MODOK (sponsored), Negan & Lucielle, Sniper Wolf (sponsored), Galactus (sponsored)

8 slots remain.... SEND YOUR REQUESTS NOW!!!

Hey all the first books are graded and should be here soon. Second books are at CGC awaiting grading.

:popcorn:

have these arrived yet? are these being mailed out soon?

hopefully!

I have all of my round 1 as of today, then again I had them for sometime sitting at CGC ready for me to pick them up.

once they hit CGC way back when? I had them Fast pass. I will say tho out of the 12, I order thru Jake all but one got a 9.6

I really want to thanks Jake for setting this opp's up

All the Kudo's to Matt, this cover is just killer in person then on live Stream or Stock Photo. I had seen.

I am looking forword to completing another order with them both very soon.