• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Slay CGC SS Sketch Opp. With IDW Exclusive Blank

461 posts in this topic

Did some scanning this morning and sent the images to Jake..... soooo... that happened. (finally).

The Va shows in the Fall? I sure hope I can make it. I'll be at Baltimore in a few weeks and I'm really hoping to make it to Annapolis for Halloween weekend. The Annapolis Comic Con is WAY awesome and has been picking up a lot of steam.

As far as shows beyond Baltimore though, it's hard to say. Travel plans are hard to make when you're job hunting. I'm looking for a second job so I can keep producing. It's something just about every artist is dealing with right now, but I'm doing what I can.

My Grandmother used to say: "All things in the fullness of time."

Got brushes to clean.

Peace out.

Matt,

Here's hoping you do make it to Richmond (and I do as well!) I'd love to meet you and pick up something by you as well. The more I see of your stuff the more I dig it. Reminds me a bit of Jae Lee, and I mean that as a compliment, though what you do is definately your own! Have a great time at the upcoming cons and I wish you luck on your future success!

THIS WEEKEND!!!

BALTIMORE COMIC CON

I'll be in Artist's Alley table A86. I'll be doing sketches, live paintings, prints, and I'll have on-hand a VERY LIMITED number of the SOLD-OUT variant cover I did for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Come say "HI"!

Also... I don't typically do this, but I'll also be traveling with ALL of my origionals so for those who have contacted me about paintings, I'll have them with me, and I WILL BE ACCEPTING CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS.

To everyone out there that collects sketches, you collection is no where near complete until you get at least a few from Matt, not to mention hes a great guy and very approachable.. I have him doing some private commissions and cant wait to see what hes come up with.

Keep up the awesome work

Kellam

MAJOR PROJECT NEWS!!!

Big news for the upcoming sketchbook "Portraits of Evil"!

For the first time, I'll be "crowd-sourcing" a project, but NOT in the way you might think. The Cobra Commander painting recently added to my gallery was the tip of the iceberg. The new sketchbook will feature 20 paintings of your favorite villains of all time and those VILLAINS will be CHOSEN BY YOU!!!!

Yup. Each page is essentially for sale and $150.00 will see your favorite villain painted and included in the book, a credit in the book for your choice, as well as the original painting arriving at you house. That's right… it's yours. The villain you requested and paid for is yours. What… did you think you were paying for nothing? HA! YOU GET ORIGIONAL ART!

A few rules: In the name of conformity, each piece will be done in the style that Cobra Commander reflects. Also… and most importantly: NO CHARACTERS AS THEY ARE PORTRAYED IN MOVIES BY ACTORS WHOS FACES ARE NOT OBSCURED! I/You… do not have the money/lawyers to secure likeness rights from the actors and/or movie studios.

So that's it! $150.00 and your choice of villain get you a page in the book with a credit for the choice as well as the original piece itself.

Samples and updates can be followed/found here:

http://spaciousinterior.deviantart.com/

Already Secured my spot :takeit:

How can you not, amazing work , great guy and this idea of ANY villian....hahaha going to be sweet!!

Cant wait to see everyones ideas, jump on quick before it sells out.

I choose Galactus of course :)

Hummm now I need a frame...