• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Slay CGC SS Sketch Opp. With IDW Exclusive Blank

461 posts in this topic

I haven't read this thread in a while, but has the first (or more) batch of books been sent to CGC? And if so, when?

Sorry if i missed it in an earlier post.

I haven't read this thread in a while, but has the first (or more) batch of books been sent to CGC? And if so, when?

Sorry if i missed it in an earlier post.

I had to look it up, I know I had seen it somewhere. . . top of Page 30 said first batch went to CGC, and then another post from Matt saying he finished the rest, so I'm assuming that means everything (even the later requests) got finished.

Just got my eBay sketches in today!

Matt out of curiosity why did you change your signature?

This Raphael is crazy awesome! I love it! The other ones are great too, but I think that Raph really stands out from the group!

IMG.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

Coro great set of sketches!

Just got my eBay sketches in today!

Matt out of curiosity why did you change your signature?

This Raphael is crazy awesome! I love it! The other ones are great too, but I think that Raph really stands out from the group!

Coro great set of sketches!

Thanks! Matt did me pretty good on these.

I am taking a beating for it from my wife though... Her response" "You spent HOW MUCH on comic art?!??!"

lol 4 ebay sketches, 1CGC on here, and the silver and gold signature ones....sometimes it hurts to be a completionist on comics

Official update, all round 1 books are on the way to cgc. I made a mistake in counting lol so I was looking for ghost sketches.

A few round 2 sketches are done and I believe Matt will be casting this weekend on some more. I have room for a few more round 2 sketches, if you have been waiting for me to get the second list re-opened just pm me and we can get you added to the list.

I'm stepping out of reality and going to a movie this afternoon with the wife and then....... SHOWTIME! Gotta' painting to get done and today seems like a good day to start putting colors down.

Starting sometime between 5:30 -6pm See you then.

I just saw the technodrome thread...all I have to say is I like the beaks and I think you should keep your own style. Don't change cause of a few hats on the internet. It's unique and really sets you apart from the crowd. Stick with what you do.

I still think I have the best artist proof headed out to CGC with the 4 turtles.

Just thought I'd check in....

Been getting a LOT of messages and emails about this. who knew the "Great Beak Experiment of 2012" would create such a stir. :)

But rest assured, it's not the folks on Technodrome that inspired the change. Indeed... it was Nickolodeon's legal stepping in to make sure the products from IDW were consistant. To be honest, even the nay-sayers on technodrome have been a huge help. While I'm a rediculous TMNT fan, folks like that keep us centered and remind us of what we fell in love with back in the day.

I haven't given up on beaks completely.... but for now, I'll save it for private commissions. I wonder what they'd look like if someone asked for me to draw them however I wanted.

There's a scarry thought. Somewhere between Godzilla and Blastoise maybe? ;)

Maybe not. :/

But I'd deffinately punch up the ninja look a bit. Something more "traditional Japanese".

7:45am... time to start drawing.