• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Slay CGC SS Sketch Opp. With IDW Exclusive Blank

461 posts in this topic

the opp might still be open if you wanted to get a similar but unique one for yourself?.....

Oh I got an awesome 4 turtle splash, (scroll back a few pages) but man that one is seriously amazing...also I didnt get color. I love the accents of the aura like colors behind them as well...

More list 2 scans.

Holy hell that cover for SamG is AMAZING! Whoever said they don't like your turtles are insufficiently_thoughtful_persons...

HAHA they edited out me saying 1d1ot

Coro thanks, I'm very happy the way the piece came out.

I had requested 4 turtles on one cover with the only color would be for the Turtles eye mask area. I'm super excited about this piece and sorry I'm not willing to sell.

More list 2 scans.

Holy hell that cover for SamG is AMAZING! Whoever said they don't like your turtles are insufficiently_thoughtful_persons...

HAHA they edited out me saying 1d1ot

Coro thanks, I'm very happy the way the piece came out.

I had requested 4 turtles on one cover with the only color would be for the Turtles eye mask area. I'm super excited about this piece and sorry I'm not willing to sell.

I was only 1/2 joking, but wanted to emphasize how much I loved your cover. I might have taken you up on it though haha

Thursday night looks to be the time and place. There's an 11 x 17 wash painting that is shaping up nicely. Once the layout is approved, I'll be back to my old self.... wrecklessly slinging brushes in the name of Silver Age Superheroes.

Actual time to be determined. Stay tuned.

Greetings, all. I'll be leaving for SDCC tomorrow. I'll be at booth 5510 next to Esad Ribic and Anthony Snyder. I'll have ALL of my origional art with me, so come get it while it's cheap. :)

I'll go ahead and run interference for Jake on this one.

Jake doesn't have scans because I haven't scanned them. But yes... they're done. In about 2-3 months time I'm having to close out SDCC wrapup commissions, 36 sketch covers, 3 paintings, 57 Cards for Marvel Premiere (Aug. 26th deadline), 24 storyboards (Aug, 30th deadline). and prep for Baltimore (new painting and prints to go with it).

So yeah. I've never considered myself "underwater" before, but scanning all this stuff is the kind of time I can't take away from the table. I know that sounds selfish, but if I'm gonna' make enough money to keep the house I'm typing this from, something had to give.... I chose not to scan. Hate me for that.

Everything in time.

Thank you guys for the understanding an support. I want you all to know how much it mean to me that there's actually a community that understands how absolutely psycho convention season is.

As for the next round.... that may be some months away. Aside from sketch covers, there are some paintings that need to get done as well.

The deadlines are killer and I'm (supposedly) testing for my brown/black belt next month after Baltimore Comic Con... so that's also riding on me as well. lol.

But yes, when the time comes brendanb438... deffinately jump in on the next Opp. If it works out, i'd love to do a run of JUST villains. So start those wheels'a turnin'.

Matt, you've done a phenomenal job pushing the work out, and I really appreciate it. I keep going to Page 38 of this thread to see the ones you did for me. As I mentioned there, the first time I actually saw them, I was with my family at Disney World, oddly, the first time I had seen some of them in 6 months due to us living in different states. I showed my brother (who is getting the Rocksteady), who knew about this, and his response was exactly what I had hoped for. His kids (well, the oldest kid, at least), who are getting the books with the Turtles, still have no idea. These are gifts from me.

I just can't wait to see them up close!

Did some scanning this morning and sent the images to Jake..... soooo... that happened. (finally).

The Va shows in the Fall? I sure hope I can make it. I'll be at Baltimore in a few weeks and I'm really hoping to make it to Annapolis for Halloween weekend. The Annapolis Comic Con is WAY awesome and has been picking up a lot of steam.

As far as shows beyond Baltimore though, it's hard to say. Travel plans are hard to make when you're job hunting. I'm looking for a second job so I can keep producing. It's something just about every artist is dealing with right now, but I'm doing what I can.

My Grandmother used to say: "All things in the fullness of time."

Got brushes to clean.

Peace out.