• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Arrow" TV Show on CW Network
1 1

2,208 posts in this topic

Finally watched this weeks episode, actually thought it was kind of bleh. A lot of unbelievable/silly scenes and dumb plot elements.

My biggest hope is they don't kill off Deathstroke. One interesting thing about the character is that, to what I can remember, he has not done anything that would make him a complete villain. I don't think he has killed or hurt anybody that didn't necessarily have it coming.

Completely agree on the bleh aspect. Arrow has been incredible from the get-go but the recent episodes minus the Suicide Squad episode have been incredibly boring. I know they have to add this soap opera BS to keep some of the audience entertained but it's just predictable and boring. Roy and Thea have to be the weakest part of the show with Moira Queen coming in at a close second. Deathstoke, who I remember being a complete badass, is on a vengeful quest fueled by mirakuru and heartbreak over a women who never looked at him twice. I'm not going to start on the plot holes (the random home movie of Shado that Slade some how obtained, how?) or the fact that Detective Lance has to be the worst detective in the history of television because he can't tell it's Oliver in a green hood. A lot of these things you can overlook because it's a 24 episode season and they have to fill out the entire season with only so much story but season 1 did a much better job of this. Even the flashbacks seem completely forced now. I really enjoyed this show and it's one of three or four shows that I watch and I'm just very disappointed at this point.

Finally watched this weeks episode, actually thought it was kind of bleh. A lot of unbelievable/silly scenes and dumb plot elements.

My biggest hope is they don't kill off Deathstroke. One interesting thing about the character is that, to what I can remember, he has not done anything that would make him a complete villain. I don't think he has killed or hurt anybody that didn't necessarily have it coming.

Completely agree on the bleh aspect. Arrow has been incredible from the get-go but the recent episodes minus the Suicide Squad episode have been incredibly boring. I know they have to add this soap opera BS to keep some of the audience entertained but it's just predictable and boring. Roy and Thea have to be the weakest part of the show with Moira Queen coming in at a close second. Deathstoke, who I remember being a complete badass, is on a vengeful quest fueled by mirakuru and heartbreak over a women who never looked at him twice. I'm not going to start on the plot holes (the random home movie of Shado that Slade some how obtained, how?) or the fact that Detective Lance has to be the worst detective in the history of television because he can't tell it's Oliver in a green hood. A lot of these things you can overlook because it's a 24 episode season and they have to fill out the entire season with only so much story but season 1 did a much better job of this. Even the flashbacks seem completely forced now. I really enjoyed this show and it's one of three or four shows that I watch and I'm just very disappointed at this point.

I deleted my earlier response, which was kinda a nasty response to the fact you don't like the show much. I did so because after some reflection about it, I realized it was wrong of me to do that. You have a right to an opinion, and I have no right to object if it happens to be different from mine. I like the show, and the writing and such. I think the soap opera is necessary depth behind the action - IMHO it wouldn't be as good a show for me if it (was all fighting and action all of the time) didn't have this depth.

But it's not perfect, nothing ever is - Carry one . . .

I've finally caught up with this show. Saw the entire Season 1 a month ago and now have just finished watching Birds of a Prey. Can't wait to see what happens between Thea, Slade, and possibly Merlyn. I wonder if the Flash will show up soon too.

:whee:

Now this is going to be interesting. In my opinion at some points Arrow has been somewhat "weird" with some of the rogues they have decided to incorporate with the augmentation of back stories and histories of the characters. You simply cannot introduce Harley full time without a Batman being incorporated into the story.

I'm still betting that it will be reveled at some point that Ollie either was fully or partially exposed to the mirakuru (sp?) Why? Few reasons. 1) he keeps saying that he needs to train Speedy to learn to control it. How does he know it can even be controlled, we saw what happened to Slade, and at that point had no idea Slade was even still alive. Conceivably, he was exposed to it and learned to control it. 2) It would explain scenes from the first season better. When we are first introduced to Huntress after she shot at Moira he runs her down on foot and even in monologue makes mention of how do you tell your family you had to bail because you were able to chase her down? Getting really buff on the island would not explain speed, but Mirakuru would. 3) It would explain how he heals so quickly from being shot, arrowed, falling off a building etc. 4) It would explain barry not being able to explain the hallucinations since he examined his blood and said he should have been fine. Conceivably the rat poison had a reaction to the mirakuru causing the hallucinations. Just my 2c

I'm still betting that it will be reveled at some point that Ollie either was fully or partially exposed to the mirakuru (sp?) Why? Few reasons. 1) he keeps saying that he needs to train Speedy to learn to control it. How does he know it can even be controlled, we saw what happened to Slade, and at that point had no idea Slade was even still alive. Conceivably, he was exposed to it and learned to control it. 2) It would explain scenes from the first season better. When we are first introduced to Huntress after she shot at Moira he runs her down on foot and even in monologue makes mention of how do you tell your family you had to bail because you were able to chase her down? Getting really buff on the island would not explain speed, but Mirakuru would. 3) It would explain how he heals so quickly from being shot, arrowed, falling off a building etc. 4) It would explain barry not being able to explain the hallucinations since he examined his blood and said he should have been fine. Conceivably the rat poison had a reaction to the mirakuru causing the hallucinations. Just my 2c
some good 2chm