• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Arrow" TV Show on CW Network
1 1

2,208 posts in this topic

SUPERNATURAL Actress Amy Gumenick Joins ARROW As 'Cupid'

LukctSP.jpg

As the villainous guest stars continue to build up for season 3 of the CW's Arrow, Carrie Cutter (a.k.a. Cupid) may present the most unique set of problems for Oliver Queen (Steven Amell) yet. Amy Gumenick (young Mary Winchester in flashbacks on Supernatural) has been cast in the role, and according to EW the character will be just like her comic book counterpart -- "a lethal villainness with a dangerously obsessive crush on The Arrow." Says Arrow executive producer and creator of Cupid Andrew Kreisberg: “I always loved the idea of Green Arrow having a crazed fan,” When I was writing the comic book, my big goal was to create a villain who would last. Cupid has since appeared in the DC Nation shorts on Cartoon Network, and to have her fight our TV Arrow is so much more than I ever could have hoped for the character.” Arrow returns to the CW on October 1st, and Gumenick is expected to appear in the sixth and seventh episodes.

First Promo Photos From ARROW S3, E01; "The Calm" Feature The Canary's Return

In the aftermath of this victory, Season Three opens with Arrow now a hero to the citizens of Starling. Crime is down, people feel safer, and Captain Lance even calls off the Anti-Vigilante Task Force. Basking in his success, Oliver believes he can finally have a private life and asks Felicity out on a date. But the second Oliver takes his eye off the ball, a deadly villain reappears in Starling, forcing Oliver to realize that he can never be Oliver Queen – not as long as the city needs The Arrow.

i say Netflix should pick these up

SUPERGIRL TV Show IS In Development, But Don't Expect To See Her On The CW

E! Online confirms that Warner Bros. and DC Comics are indeed pitching a Supergirl TV series to various networks. The news that it was in the works first came to our attention yesterday. Gotham producer and comic book writer Michael Green is attached, but insiders caution that, "there is no deal yet in place, however the series is not expected to go to the CW, who was first pitched the project, and who, of course, houses both Arrow and The Flash." It sounds like they passed on Supergirl then, perhaps because they're satisfied with the success of Arrow and are taking a risk with the CGI heavy first season of The Flash this year. It's a shame though as adding a hero like Kara Zor-El to Oliver Queen and Barry Allen's world would have been great to see. If NBC decide to give Supergirl a chance, seeing her meet up with John Constantine could be interesting...

Stephen Amell On A DC Television Universe And Cinematic Universe Crossover

-------------------

"If Hawkeye can be in the Avengers, then Green Arrow can be in the Justice League.” Those were the words spoken by Stephen Amell at the Salt Lake Comic-Con.

-------------------

Oh, please, please, please, please....

:wishluck:

Stephen Amell Hints At A Dark Archer/Ra's Al Ghul Confrontation In ARROW S03E04?

"Last night, I watched the director's cut for episode 304 and it was awesome. It is our 50th episode, it is worthy of a 50th episode. It has a scene and a confrontation in it that has literally been 2.5 years in the making."

Greg Berlanti Teases A Battle Between ARROW And THE FLASH And More

While the Executive Producer wouldn't reveal which villain is a big enough threat to bring these two heroes together, it sounds as if the first part will see them both far too busy fighting each other! "We use a famous Flash villain, actually, in the Arrow episode, and then I would say as much as there is a villain in the Flash one – the first one ("Flash vs. Arrow") – we’re not deceiving anybody with the title. There will be some real fisticuffs between our heroes." That sounds like it will be very fun to see, but almost as exciting is the prospect of some of the characters from Central City and Starling City interacting for the first time when they collide in the crossover. "It’s all the interpersonal stuff, so it’s the real connection…. the deepening friendship between Barry and Oliver is always great. But when you’re getting to write scenes with Cisco and Dig… that’s just a cool scene, you know? And Diggle’s reaction when he sees what The Flash can really do? It’s hysterical and funny."

As for some of his favourite Flash stories from the comic books, Berlanti added: "I would say Crisis [on Infinite Earths] was my favorite comic, because it was the thing where I realized, when he died… I found myself crying in a comic book shop at 13 or however old I was… that I was more attached to these characters than I had realized I was." Could we one day see that adapted in The Flash? Those of you who have watched the pilot will know that it appears to be a very real possibility somewhere down the line, and Berlanti seems keen to make it happen. "A lot of stars would have to align, I think, and we’d have to be really, really blessed and lucky to actually build toward that." Be sure to click on the link below to read the interview in full!

Stephen Amell Wants Green Lantern In ARROW; "We Are Creating A JUSTICE LEAGUE On TV"

--------------------

That's an interesting way of differentiating DC's TV projects to their movie ones, and not all that dissimilar to "The New 52" Justice League and Justice League of America comic books. Another major superhero addition to this corner of their small screen universe is Robbie Amell as Ronnie Raymond in The Flash. "[Greg Berlanti] told me about Robbie and Firestorm about two months before Robbie knew about it. Robbie texts me and goes, 'I GOT A JOB ON 'THE FLASH!'' All capitals and exclamation marks. I wrote back, 'I know,' and then welcomed him to the Justice League of America. Robbie and I, for being in the same business, the only time we've ever teamed up is in beer pong. We've never actually teamed up on screen together. I think eventually there's a chance that Oliver Queen and Mr. Firestorm may cross paths."

As for how Green Lantern could possibly fit into the actor's "Justice League of America" plans, Amell said: "Now, boy we've referenced Ferris Air a lot. It would be really cool to have Green Lantern. Hopefully, that happens. I have no inside information, unless I do."

--------------------

Upcoming TEEN TITANS Series To Crossover With THE FLASH And ARROW?

Mark Pedowitz, CW’s president, talked briefly about DC's Flash and Arrow TV series and he discussed the possibility of the newly announced Teen Titans Series crossing over with the shows in the Arrow-verse, “What you’ll see embedded in Flash and Arrow is that we’ll have the ability to test characters out." Mark then adds, "Is there room to grow them into the next show? I cannot tell you yet. There are discussions going on,” It was said that Grayson and his crew would not be appearing in these shows, but Pedowitz said, as you read above, that there might be some discussions so they can make this happen. I would want to see the Titans tag along with Arrow and the Flash, would you? Sound off with your thoughts below!

:o

this would be awesome and it could show that all these tv shows can still be connected.

When does Arrow hit its stride? I am like 9 episodes in and have seen Huntress and Deathstroke so far and I am unimpressed. Does it get better?

I like it a lot more with every episode I watch. I will say that the 2nd half of Season 1 is better than the 1st imo. I would give it more time.