• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Arrow" TV Show on CW Network
1 1

2,208 posts in this topic

That show was terrible. It had the stink of the WB, or CW as it's called now. The acting style, the way it looked and was filmed, all of it looked and felt exactly like every other garbage show on that channel. My wife sort of enjoyed it, which isn't suprising since she also enjoys 90210.

Will not be watching again.

I was worried about that. I predicted months ago it would be formulaic and be just like Smallville / 90210.

Sorry to hear I was right

actually, you were wrong,.

Good question - I would be interested in what other shows might be around to watch. hm

Sometimes they slip in pilots for new shows during the off-season don't they?

There's always the old reruns on the DVR or direct.

I'd really like to try see the 1st season of Arrow again since I wasn't as dedicated a fan in the beginning. It'd be good to see if I missed anything. I have to see where I can access. The 1st season - I don't know if they go that far back on the web site - or maybe Net flicks or something..

What are you guys watching on Wednesday nights now that this show is taking its summer vacation? hm

Nothing. I read more unless there's a sport I care about on, or the very rare occassion where a good movie is playing.

What are you guys watching on Wednesday nights now that this show is taking its summer vacation? hm

Nothing. I read more unless there's a sport I care about on, or the very rare occassion where a good movie is playing.

catch up on your cable shows, you can't possibly have watched all of them -

Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Silicon Valley, Americans, Archer, Justified

If you've got a ton of time and HBO Go you should go back and watch the Wire or Sopranos, pretty much the best TV EVER (aside from maybe GOT and Prison Break Season 1)

Or go back in time and watch some nerdy older stuff u missed out on like Fringe, Firefly, Jericho?

catch up on your cable shows, you can't possibly have watched all of them -

Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Silicon Valley, Americans, Archer, Justified

If you've got a ton of time and HBO Go you should go back and watch the Wire or Sopranos, pretty much the best TV EVER (aside from maybe GOT and Prison Break Season 1)

Or go back in time and watch some nerdy older stuff u missed out on like Fringe, Firefly, Jericho?

I've personally seen all of that except The Americans which I haven't gotten around to watching. It takes place during the Cold War era, if I'm not mistaken, and that just doesn't sound interesting. I'm taking time out right now to watch Seinfeld for the first time.

P.S. Silicon Valley is probably the funniest show on TV right now. It really should have its own thread to bring awareness to the show.

I know I'm late to the party, but I just started watching season 1 on Netflix and I'm hooked. Anyone know where I can see season 2 without having to wait for reruns?

Same with me about half way through season 1, I'm really liking this show a lot, very well done, I also need to get my hands on season two

Yep, just resubbed to Netflix and am in the process of watching Arrow. I just finished episode 7 and I have to say this is a really good show.

One question though that is nagging me:

Is the Queen House/Castle the same one that was used as Luthor's House/Castle in Smallville?

Yep, just resubbed to Netflix and am in the process of watching Arrow. I just finished episode 7 and I have to say this is a really good show.

One question though that is nagging me:

Is the Queen House/Castle the same one that was used as Luthor's House/Castle in Smallville?

I would not be surprised if it was a refurbished version of the same set.

Really enjoyed the season finale. Much better than AoS.

Hope season 3 is about the League of Assassins and Ra's Al Ghul. Don't like the way they pronounce Ra's though.

Flash teaser was awesome.

You were just happy that when Canary took her long blonde wig off that underneath she had... long blonde hair. lol

Curious, and this in not meant as a complaint or insult towards anyone... but before stuff like PPV and Netflix, did people have a problem waiting a week between episodes of a TV show they liked?

My bet is, at least for the large majority, no.

Much like cell phones... remember when you had to leave the house, and you were on the phone, you had to hang up and wait until you were back home or somewhere where a phone was available for use? Did people really sit in their cars that whole time thinking "Dagnabbit, this is foolish, and I am pissed off that I have to wait!" Or on airplanes, with phones and "pads" and such... when we didn't have these things, was it a bother?

Again... my bet is no.

We live in an age of instant gratification, and when some don't get it, it become a problem?

*sighs heavily*

At least I understand why the kids are feeling that way, this is how they are being raised - TV in the headrest of the minivan and/or an iPod or iPad or iCrap in their hands. But any adult over the age of 25 that acts like this makes me leery of that person.

-slym

Edited by slym2none