• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5th Annual March Madness Grading Tournament Round of 32

123 posts in this topic

Fantastic Four #105 OW-W 9.0

Iron Man #42 OW-W 8.0

Kull #1 W 9.4

Thor #160 OW 9.0

guessed 9.0 Kull, 9.4 Thor. knew something had a gift grade, but picked the wrong one. other 2 I got. think that makes 75 points. that was fast- results got posted while I was adding up my points on to the sweet 16! :grin:

:cry:

Good job and best of luck moving forward, you all. (thumbs u

Andy

I'm embarrassed to be moving on with a score that would have lost every other matchup. The Human Torch and I obvously played the defensive Match of the Tourney and failed to break 100 combined points... :o

But as the saying goes; "that's the way the Ball bounces"... :grin:

I got crushed...ran into a buzz-saw...can't seem to make it out of the 2nd round in this thing...no bulls-eyes...had the FF 105 no better than 8.5...went with 8.0... :tonofbricks:

CONGRATS to Jeffreykli! :applause:

Thanks! Hopefully I can continue with strong scores (although I probably just jinxed myself).

I got crushed...ran into a buzz-saw...can't seem to make it out of the 2nd round in this thing...no bulls-eyes...had the FF 105 no better than 8.5...went with 8.0... :tonofbricks:

Thanks! Hopefully I can continue with strong scores (although I probably just jinxed myself).

Hello Jeffry. :devil:

:ohnoez:

:ohnoez:

:golfclap: That is the appropriate action to take.

I got smoke by Toro, as I had suspected. At least I made it through two rounds this year. :banana:

Good luck, Toro and mow 'em down!

You made it through one round...you made it to 2 rounds... :makepoint:

I count my entry into the bracket as a minor victory...don't burst my bubble, Tom!

Just like the last round for me -- 1 bullseye, 2 off .5 grade or so and 1 off a full grade. My full grade ones are both FF books so far. Something about these books that I'm missing.

Maybe bec. I love FF so much, I'm spending too much time staring at the content of the covers and not enough finding defects? :)

I'm just playing along at home, btw.

Fantastic Four #105 OW-W 9.0

Iron Man #42 OW-W 8.0

Kull #1 W 9.4

Thor #160 OW 9.0

Wow went down to 8.5 from 9.0 on the FF 105 after last minute deliberation, but also pulled up the Kull 1 to 9.4 from 9.2 so my last minute anxiety was 50/50.

:D

Nailed the Iron Man and went 9.2 on the Thor 160. Was pretty sure on those, guess CGC hated on the Thor.