• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BAF countdown to 22 years of Marvel Comics!!!
1 1

731 posts in this topic

So close! What's it gonna be like when you complete this massive set? You think it'll be like a death in the family without the thrill of the hunt? Or will you just turn to another run? Earlier? Later? Seriously, you should start a Marvel museum or something. I wonder how many people in the world have a run like this?

Thanks for all the comments guys! I put together a 1959 Marvel list. If I can get the last 18 I need from the 1960's I guess I will start to work on these. 81 books. Looks like those might take me awhile. :facepalm: I am not going to start looking for any of these till I finish the 1960's. :headbang:

Marvel/Atlas 1959

Battle # 62-67

Gun Smoke Western # 50-54

JIM # 50-54

Kid Colt # 82-87

Love Romances # 79 80 82 84

Millie the Model # 88-91

My Own Romance # 67-71

Patsy and Hedy # 62-67

Patsy Walker # 80 81 83 84 85

Strange Tales # 67-72

Strange Worlds #1-5

TOS #1 3 4 6

TTA # 1 3 4 5 6

Two Gun Kid # 45-49

Worlds of Fantasy # 15-19

Wyatt Earp # 21-25

So close! What's it gonna be like when you complete this massive set? You think it'll be like a death in the family without the thrill of the hunt? Or will you just turn to another run? Earlier? Later? Seriously, you should start a Marvel museum or something. I wonder how many people in the world have a run like this?

Thanks for all the comments guys! I put together a 1959 Marvel list. If I can get the last 18 I need from the 1960's I guess I will start to work on these. 81 books. Looks like those might take me awhile. :facepalm: I am not going to start looking for any of these till I finish the 1960's. :headbang:

Marvel/Atlas 1959

Battle # 62-67

Gun Smoke Western # 50-54

JIM # 50-54

Kid Colt # 82-87

Love Romances # 79 80 82 84

Millie the Model # 88-91

My Own Romance # 67-71

Patsy and Hedy # 62-67

Patsy Walker # 80 81 83 84 85

Strange Tales # 67-72

Strange Worlds #1-5

TOS #1 3 4 6

TTA # 1 3 4 5 6

Two Gun Kid # 45-49

Worlds of Fantasy # 15-19

Wyatt Earp # 21-25

Great choice, there are a lot of awesome books in 1959. :applause:

I can provide a brief preview to TTA issue 6. Features some terrific work by Ditko. Even my low grade copy gives a hint at the magnificent 3D effect of the floating blocks of pavement on the cover, not too mention the Stone Men.

TTA_06.jpg

Of the books I own this one has the best lettering on splash page IMHO.

DSCN0136.jpg

Edited by frozentundraguy

[

Great choice, there are a lot of awesome books in 1959. :applause:

I can provide a brief preview to TTA issue 6. Features some terrific work by Ditko. Even my low grade copy gives a hint at the magnificent 3D effect of the floating blocks of pavement on the cover, not too mention the Stone Men.

TTA_06.jpg

Of the books I own this one has the best lettering on splash page IMHO.

DSCN0136.jpg

NICE!!! Like that cover alot! :headbang:

That TTA #6 is awesome, I have been after that for ages.

Frankie that 1959 list is rock hard, it is nearly impossible to get some of those books here in the UK.

I only have 4 issues of Strange Worlds & 5 issues of Worlds of Fantasy and thats it, I think.

That will take some filling and I wish you luck bro :wishluck:

That TTA #6 is awesome, I have been after that for ages.

Frankie that 1959 list is rock hard, it is nearly impossible to get some of those books here in the UK.

I only have 4 issues of Strange Worlds & 5 issues of Worlds of Fantasy and thats it, I think.

That will take some filling and I wish you luck bro :wishluck:

Thanks bro! Yeah the love type comics alone should take me forever. :sick: At least there are no Mega Keys on the list besides the TTA and TOS #1's, like I had with the 1960's stuff. Really enjoying the Pre Hero stuff! And the 1959 stuff has a ton of it! :cloud9:

Bought this one today, in person from Bob Storms at a comic con in NJ. Been awhile since I bought a back issue in person. Everything is done online these days. Kinda nice to flip thru a box and see something you need. Like the old days! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Tales of Suspense #32 VG THE MAN IN THE BEE-HIVE!

2012-11-25173310.jpg[/img]

Just got my one win from the Sparkle City auctions.

Tales to Astonish #32 CGC 5.0 WHAT? WHAT? WHAT COULD IT BE THAT CAME UP, OUT OF THE QUICKSAND???

Probably something ordinary and ho-hum. A spoon? Maybe an old shoe? Now I'm REALLY curious. hm

Just got my one win from the Sparkle City auctions.

Tales to Astonish #32 CGC 5.0 WHAT? WHAT? WHAT COULD IT BE THAT CAME UP, OUT OF THE QUICKSAND???

Not what you would expect. Far more an Atlas tale than a pre-hero Marvel monster saga.

TTA321.jpg

TTA322.jpg

TTA323.jpg

TTA324.jpg

TTA3245.jpg

TTA325.jpg

TTA326.jpg

Just got this one in the mail. Last of the Marvel Keys I needed! :cloud9: Won it on ebay from Quality comix!!! Now the Ant-Man movie is not bothering me!!! Was bothering me when I didnt have a copy...I hate movie hype and chasing books. :tonofbricks:

Tales to Astonish #35 CGC 5.0 C/OW

2012-11-29173823.jpg[/img]

THANKS alot for posting the pages to the story! It was pretty cool! I would have never cracked the book...so I would have not been able to check that out! (worship)

+1! So it's a magical land of leprechauns and miracles. That is really weird and a little bit awesome.

Just got this one in the mail. Last of the Marvel Keys I needed! :cloud9: Won it on ebay from Quality comix!!! Now the Ant-Man movie is not bothering me!!! Was bothering me when I didnt have a copy...I hate movie hype and chasing books. :tonofbricks:

Tales to Astonish #35 CGC 5.0 C/OW

2012-11-29173823.jpg[/img]

That is a big 'un to knock off the list. NICE!

Awesome!

Movie hype suckles when you're a buyer.

You have that right Bro. After the Avengers movie when Black Widow blew up and I didnt have the TOS #52. :tonofbricks: SUCKLES BIG TIME!!! I just need a TTA #36 now to have every book from 11/1961 to 12/1979 from Marvel. WHERE IS THAT DAMN MAILMAN??? :mad:lol

Stan must have loved the microscopic world scenario. It turned up fairly regularly in the pre-hero age; Amazing Adult Fantasy #9 and the Terror of Tim Boo Baa leaps to mind, since he was snuffed out by the same method.