• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BAF countdown to 22 years of Marvel Comics!!!
1 1

731 posts in this topic

Frankie...glad to hear you and your family made it through the storm with minimal damage and ill effects sounds like! Stil can't get my head around the magnitude of the damage that occurred in just a few short hours...

(thumbs u

Thanks Bro! Huricanes are NO JOKE!!! Heard on the news that this storm destroyed way more cars then katrina did...This area is NOT made for hurricanes. If that was a cat 3 or higher...GAME OVER!!!

Thank you too everyone for the well wishes! Real nice of you guys!

I just got three books that I sent in to CGC thru that coupon. The package was in postal limbo for over a week...was scanned in florida on Oct 30...Because of the hurricane I figured I would get it smashed from being in there system soooo long. But the box was fine. :applause: I posted these books before...but I am happy with the grades and wanna share. :hi:

First book I bought from jimjum...he graded it a 7.5. And he gave me a really good deal on that...so I owe him BIG! Pretty shocked at the grade I got back. Maybe CGC is in a real nice phase because the turn around times are so long. (shrug)

TOS #52 CGC 8.5 OW :headbang::cloud9::applause:

2012-11-07151149.jpg[/img]

Had this raw for years. Think I bought it for 100 bucks...again years back. I thought it was a strong 3.5. Again really happy with the grade.

Dearedevil #1 CGC 4.0 OW :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

2012-11-07151050.jpg[/img]

This is not silver...But I dont care, :grin: Bought this years ago also...I got it from ebay...think the seller called it VF/NM I thought it graded a strong 8.0.

X-Men #94 8.5 OW/W :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

2012-11-07151228.jpg[/img]

Hey Frankie, great books at lovely grades, that TOS is awesome.

DD #1 & XM #94 are two of my hoard books, I always loved them both and feel compelled to buy them, crazy I know lol

Hey Frankie, great books at lovely grades, that TOS is awesome.

DD #1 & XM #94 are two of my hoard books, I always loved them both and feel compelled to buy them, crazy I know lol

Thanks Bro! Hoarding DD #1s and X-Men #94s is a good move! :headbang: Your Conan #1 hoard is also pretty crazy! (worship) I have two X-Men #94s...the other being a raw fine area copy.

Edited by *Bronze age fan*

Just got this in the mail. Thought this might be lost in the mail due to being sent before Hurricane Sandy and taking forever to get here. One of those books I could never find....So if this one was lost it would have stunk!!! lol This one gives me Love Romances from #85 (1/1960) to 106 complete! :headbang: Just need one more love type comic to have all the comics from the love genre from 1/1960 to 12/1979!!! :acclaim: Selling a My Own Romance #75??? Anyone??? :wishluck:

Love Romances #88 VG

2012-11-08164956.jpg[/img]

This one also just came in the mail. I love Ebay grading! It was graded as VG+....but has a split spine half way up the book? G- :tonofbricks:

***Just looked at the Ebay page...the spine split was noted in the write-up...I missed that. lol ***

Journey into Mystery #59 I UNLEASHED SHAGG UPON THE WORLD!!! Another example of the classic pre hero monsters ending in double letters. lol

2012-11-10184138.jpg[/img]

Pretty big day for getting comics in the mail! :cloud9: Another Ebay win. Found it pretty hard to find a copy of this book. I think the cover is pretty cool! :headbang: Even came with a copy of Tales to Astonish #24 CGC 4.0!

Tales of Suspense #7 CGC 4.0 I FOUGHT THE MOLTEN MAN THING!

2012-11-10184011.jpg[/img]

Just how bad is my Marvel comics addiction? Ok show of hands ...who owns or wants to own these....

:cloud9: 80s badness!!! lol Blip #1 and 3

2012-11-10184212.jpg[/img]

NO ONE? I thought so....carry on. lol

I have a rule of thumb. If I snubbed my nose at it when it was new at cover price when I was flipping through it, I will continue to snub my nose at it. That is why I will never make an effort to buy a TMNT#1. I remember seeing a stack of about 50 copies when it was new. I snubbed my nose at it then.

Blip didn't interest me and that actor on the cover always annoyed me when I saw him in anything. What year was that? 1980? I thought it was 70's.

DG

Pretty big day for getting comics in the mail! :cloud9: Another Ebay win. Found it pretty hard to find a copy of this book. I think the cover is pretty cool! :headbang: Even came with a copy of Tales to Astonish #24 CGC 4.0!

Nice. I've never seen that one before.

I assume the Molten Man-Thing is a byproduct of an eruption.

DG

Just how bad is my Marvel comics addiction? Ok show of hands ...who owns or wants to own these....

I have a rule of thumb. If I snubbed my nose at it when it was new at cover price when I was flipping through it, I will continue to snub my nose at it. That is why I will never make an effort to buy a TMNT#1. I remember seeing a stack of about 50 copies when it was new. I snubbed my nose at it then.

Blip didn't interest me and that actor on the cover always annoyed me when I saw him in anything. What year was that? 1980? I thought it was 70's.

DG

1983 (thumbs u Being a Marvel Zombie has its rough times. This being one of them. lol Glad there are only 7 issues in this title. :sick:

Nice. I've never seen that one before.

I assume the Molten Man-Thing is a byproduct of an eruption.

DG

Could be the prototypes for Molten Man and Man-Thing? :idea:lol Label says prototype for Lava Man.

2012-11-10184212.jpg[/img]

My records say I have 1-7 Frankie :facepalm:

I dont have this one yet though, I do like the cover, I am going to make this one a priority.

Very nice books bro (thumbs u

NICE! Of anyone on here I thought you might have some or all of these. You are a fellow hoarder/OCD collector! :headbang:

Lets have an OCD challenge...Do you have from Marvel, Team America #1-12 from 1982? My records say I have all 12 issues. :sick::sumo:

I dont have this one yet though, I do like the cover, I am going to make this one a priority.

Thanks Bro! This one along with TTA #7, ST # 73 and JIM # 56 are pretty hard to find. All these were released 1/1960. I was wondering if people found 1/1960 as a jumping on point for these books like I did..and consider these the 1st issues they were interested in. All of these books seem to always get bid up pretty high if they are offered. Maybe alot of people are doing what I am doing. (shrug)

Thanks Bro! This one along with TTA #7, ST # 73 and JIM # 56 are pretty hard to find. All these were released 1/1960. I was wondering if people found 1/1960 as a jumping on point for these books like I did..and consider these the 1st issues they were interested in. All of these books seem to always get bid up pretty high if they are offered. Maybe alot of people are doing what I am doing. (shrug)

I dont have any of those issues, so there could be something in what you are saying, most of these type of books before 1962ish are quite hard to get in the UK anyway.

I lost all my records in a computer crash about 6 years or so ago, I am working on a back up what is about 10 years old ( should always keep your back up, up to date ) I did have a hard copy of my Marvel wants list at the time so Marvel is my most up to date record.

I have Team America 1-12 lol BTW, although as a completed set they are long since buried away along with nearly everything from about 1980 onwards that I was complete with.

I have access to all main titles from Marvel from Atlas days to about 1979 as I was either working on completing or trying to upgrade. 1980 onwards I was buying everything new so I am complete in at least VF and they are put away.

I dont have any of those issues, so there could be something in what you are saying, most of these type of books before 1962ish are quite hard to get in the UK anyway.

I lost all my records in a computer crash about 6 years or so ago, I am working on a back up what is about 10 years old ( should always keep your back up, up to date ) I did have a hard copy of my Marvel wants list at the time so Marvel is my most up to date record.

I have Team America 1-12 lol BTW, although as a completed set they are long since buried away along with nearly everything from about 1980 onwards that I was complete with.

I have access to all main titles from Marvel from Atlas days to about 1979 as I was either working on completing or trying to upgrade. 1980 onwards I was buying everything new so I am complete in at least VF and they are put away.

(worship)

Team America set! :headbang:(worship) You bought EVERYTHING from 1980 onward?? You are a worst then me with the OCD. lol

NICE! Of anyone on here I thought you might have some or all of these. You are a fellow hoarder/OCD collector! :headbang:

Lets have an OCD challenge...Do you have from Marvel, Team America #1-12 from 1982? My records say I have all 12 issues. :sick::sumo:

I have all the one I bought new. I really didn't like the series.

I'd be more shocked if people had Marvel's generic comic with the solid white cover.

I own that one.

DG

I have all the one I bought new. I really didn't like the series.

I'd be more shocked if people had Marvel's generic comic with the solid white cover.

I own that one.

DG

I own that one too. lol OCD Marvel collector. :sick: