• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BAF countdown to 22 years of Marvel Comics!!!
1 1

731 posts in this topic

I just got this one from the Post Office. Picked it up from Ebay. Really NICE looking copy too!

Tales to Astonish #19 CGC 6.5 ROMMBU....HIS VERY NAME MADE MANKIND TREMBLE!!!

2012-10-18084621.jpg[/img]

Plus as an added bonus, check this out!!! :cloud9:

2012-10-18084654.jpg[/img]

Wow Frankie, that is one hell of a bonus. :cloud9:

I just got this one from the Post Office. Picked it up from Ebay. Really NICE looking copy too!

Yeah Bro...saw that in the auction and went after the book hard. Not a huge fan of SS stuff.....But the JK on that book sold me! :cloud9:

Crack the book? Not me...wrong guy! lol Just happy looking at the label and know its in there. (thumbs u

Yeah Bro...saw that in the auction and went after the book hard. Not a huge fan of SS stuff.....But the JK on that book sold me! :cloud9:

Crack the book? Not me...wrong guy! lol Just happy looking at the label and know its in there. (thumbs u

Dude, you gotta free that one and check out the Jack sig. :luhv:

I just got these from the post office. I know its not sliver age....But I dont care. REALLLL cool books! First book is a MEGA KEY (to me!) One of the books I always wanted to add to my collection since starting to collect this title. And the number of times I saw one for sale...I could count on one hand. Really hard to find book...And presents GREAT! Thanks to 143ksk for selling this one at the VCC!!! (worship) Had me sitting at my computer till 12PM like a crack addict waiting to send a PM that I wanted it. And I had to explain to my wife why we had to wait till after 12PM to go pumkin picking...When I told her Millie the Model #1 and the rules of the VCC, she just gave me a blank stare and I guess wondered why she married a weirdo...lol.

Millie the Model #1 CGC 3.0 :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

2012-10-26091119.jpg[/img]

Also picked up this one from him. Real high grade (too me) on these issues!

Millie the Model #46 CGC 7.0

2012-10-26090006.jpg[/img]

The fact I already have a Jack Kirby signed book prevented me to look for a signed book among his Golden Age ones so far, but I’d love to purchase one.

This thread of your collection is exciting, should be in the "Journals" section, IMO. :)

Thanks alot Bro! I have never went into the "Journals" section. DIdnt know where to put this when I made it. Figured Silver age fans might enjoy it. (shrug)

I love this thread and it great seeing your collection coming together Frankie.

Well done on yet another book chalked off.

Thanks Bro! I always liked seeing peoples want lists. I guess because I am a OCD completist, I liked that sort of thing. And you share the OCD to a bigger degree then I do....being that you seem to collect everything from every publisher. (worship) (thumbs u I guess thats why you enjoy this thread.

The fact I already have a Jack Kirby signed book prevented me to look for a signed book among his Golden Age ones so far, but I’d love to purchase one.

This thread of your collection is exciting, should be in the "Journals" section, IMO. :)

Thanks alot Bro! I have never went into the "Journals" section. DIdnt know where to put this when I made it. Figured Silver age fans might enjoy it. (shrug)

The Journals section appears to be pretty overlooked. I realized it’s really cool, as there are people posting with some continuity about their stories related to collections, and their collections progress. Of course it’s fine here in SA as well, but I thought in Journals would be more at home… :)

BTW, I’m SO envious of your Fantastic Four collection. Did you find a #11 fitting since then? I have a #11 but it’s no more than a G, maybe G+.

On a side-note: I’m no completist, but I come close when it’s the FF, although I have to drop them at some point, after I dropped all Marvel titles which no longer represented the characters. I stopped after Pacheco's run and then bought Straczynski run which I think makes full circle (also on Reed's restlessness over scientific discoveries and the modern perceived view of science) in an acceptable way.

The Journals section appears to be pretty overlooked. I realized it’s really cool, as there are people posting with some continuity about their stories related to collections, and their collections progress. Of course it’s fine here in SA as well, but I thought in Journals would be more at home… :)

BTW, I’m SO envious of your Fantastic Four collection. Did you find a #11 fitting since then? I have a #11 but it’s no more than a G, maybe G+.

Whats up Bro? Yeah I did get the #11...it was the last FF I needed to have the FF set to current issue its on one of the pages of this thead. I really liked the FF set also. All the major key books from 1961 to 1963 up I really liked. Those are the title I still buy current issues of (if the numbers are high...and the title didnt start over with #1s).

:cloud9:

2012-05-29085907.jpg[/img]

Wow, what a nice copy. The Impossible Man is one of my favorite characters, as FF #176 was among my very first reads (in italian, of course).

I gave up with my last bond with Marvel titles as they went too far in screwing up the characters, and the FF have been the last to go, as I said with the early Straczynski run, so around 2006.

Hey, now they have burnt all your possibilities, too: it seems all titles will restart from #1. ;)

I just won this book on Ebay. This is one of the two last Marvel romance 1960s issues I needed to have them all. The hardest books to find (IMO). I have been waiting to post things when I got them in hand. I figured I would list this now...hurricane sandy is going to hit the area where I live some time tomorrow. I have to go to work tomorrow at 8am...and I am not sure when they will let me leave....Might be two days I have to stay at work...Maybe longer. Then of course I have to worry if a tree falls on my house and great stuff like that while I work. :tonofbricks: My town is right on the Hudson river...and my town floods real bad duing just a quick storm. Its going to be crazy wind and rain for TWO DAYS. :sick: Might also be without power for an extended time. Good luck to anyone living in the storms path! :headbang:

Updated Want List....31 books left.

Marvel comics 1/1960 to 11/1961

Amazing Adventures # 3

JIM # 56 58 59 69

My Own Romance # 75

Rawhide Kid #2 8 ***(Pre 1/1960)***

Strange Tales # 73 76 79 80

TOS # 7 8 10 11 23 26 27 31 32

TTA # 7 8 11 14 16 17 29 30 31 32 35 36

Love Romances #88

loveromance88.jpg[/img]

Almost all the remaining pieces are Kirby books :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. Frank.......are there 5 or 6 books that are your favorites out of your massive pile.