• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BAF countdown to 22 years of Marvel Comics!!!
1 1

731 posts in this topic

Just how bad is my Marvel comics addiction? Ok show of hands ...who owns or wants to own these....

:cloud9: 80s badness!!! lol Blip #1 and 3

NO ONE? I thought so....carry on. lol

My records say I have 1-7 Frankie :facepalm:

NICE! Of anyone on here I thought you might have some or all of these. You are a fellow hoarder/OCD collector! :headbang:

Lets have an OCD challenge...Do you have from Marvel, Team America #1-12 from 1982? My records say I have all 12 issues. :sick::sumo:

I have all the one I bought new. I really didn't like the series.

I'd be more shocked if people had Marvel's generic comic with the solid white cover.

I own that one.

DG

I own that one too. lol OCD Marvel collector. :sick:

....and after a week of storm related OT....FrankDawg is probably as close to the "zombie" state that a fella can get....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Just how bad is my Marvel comics addiction? Ok show of hands ...who owns or wants to own these....

NICE! Of anyone on here I thought you might have some or all of these. You are a fellow hoarder/OCD collector! :headbang:

Lets have an OCD challenge...Do you have from Marvel, Team America #1-12 from 1982? My records say I have all 12 issues. :sick::sumo:

I'd be more shocked if people had Marvel's generic comic with the solid white cover.

I own that one.

DG

....and after a week of storm related OT....FrankDawg is probably as close to the "zombie" state that a fella can get....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

lol Yeah Bro! This is my last night....THEN THREE WHOLE NIGHTS OFF!!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

I own that one.

DG

Yep, got that also.

Just got this one in the mail. Got if from an ebay seller. Pretty nice mid grade copy! Whatever happened to Gorilla-Man? This was right around the time when they were coming up with the idea that Ant-Man was going to be a Marvel good guy. I guess Gorilla-Man lost the coin toss. lol

Tales to Astonish #30 CGC 5.5 THE THING FROM THE HIDDDEN SWAMP AND BY POPULAR DEMAND....RETURN OF THE GORILLA-MAN!!!

2012-11-17181218.jpg[/img]

Just got this one in the mail. Got if from an ebay seller. Pretty nice mid grade copy! Whatever happened to Gorilla-Man? This was right around the time when they were coming up with the idea that Ant-Man was going to be a Marvel good guy. I guess Gorilla-Man lost the coin toss. lol

Tales to Astonish #30 CGC 5.5 THE THING FROM THE HIDDDEN SWAMP AND BY POPULAR DEMAND....RETURN OF THE GORILLA-MAN!!!

2012-11-17181218.jpg[/img]

You keep finding them Frankie :applause:

Thanks guys! (thumbs u I am down to needing 21 more comics. Sparkle city auctions tonight have 5!!! I need. They all look like they are getting a ton of attention. The 5 I need are getting alot of play so far. Getting real near my ceiling on most of them. Worth a shot....anyone reading this....can you take it easy on....IE STOP BIDDING!!! lol:foryou:

TOS # 31, TTA #32, ST #76, JIM # 58 and AA #3 (the last one I need for the set). They have a ton of Pre Hero books for sale...maybe you can back off of some of these ands go harder on something else. :grin: Like I said its worth a shot. lol You would be helping a quest that is pretty big to undertake. (thumbs u

My Want List...

Marvel comics 1/1960 to 11/1961

Amazing Adventures # 3

JIM # 56 58 69

My Own Romance # 75

Rawhide Kid #2 8

Strange Tales # 73 76 79 80

TOS # 8 10 11 31 32

TTA # 7 8 11 16 32 35 36

Edited by *Bronze age fan*

Kinda cool. I need three more comics...to have every Marvel book from 11/1961 (the start of the Marvel age of comics with FF #1) to 12/1979. And 18 comics total from 1/1960 to 12/1979.

Issues I need for the 11/1961 up are...

TOS # 32 (Man in the damn Bee Hive :mad:)

TTA # 35 36 (Ant-Man is haunting me!!!) :cry:

So close! What's it gonna be like when you complete this massive set? You think it'll be like a death in the family without the thrill of the hunt? Or will you just turn to another run? Earlier? Later? Seriously, you should start a Marvel museum or something. I wonder how many people in the world have a run like this?

So close! What's it gonna be like when you complete this massive set? You think it'll be like a death in the family without the thrill of the hunt? Or will you just turn to another run? Earlier? Later? Seriously, you should start a Marvel museum or something. I wonder how many people in the world have a run like this?

Thanks alot Bro! I have been collecting later issues. Would like to complete till 3/1985 (the last 60 cent issue). Most of this stuff is DREK!!! lol. And sadly I have most of it. So 25 years of Marvel comics! Then I keep having the thought of doing 1959. TTA and TOS have the first 6 issues in that year...plus alot of cool pre hero stuff. I am sure I will make that list soon. lol

For anyone thinking about how drek the 1980 to 1985 want list looks like....

:sick: I bet KevinJ has all of this lol

1980 thru 3/85

Adventures of Kool Aid Man#3...How bad is that this book is on anyones want list? lol

Amazing Adventures#2-14

Amazing Spider Man and Hulk Austin giveaway #1

Amazing Spider Man and Hulk Denver giveaway #1

Amazing Spider Man and Hulk Houston giveaway #1

Amazing Spider Man and Hulk San Antonio giveaway #1

Amazing Spiderman Danger in Denver #0

Blip #2 4 5 6 7

Conan Annual #9 10

Conan the King #4-6 12-19

Doctor Strange Classics #2-4

Elecktra Saga #2 4

Fantasy Masterpieces #2-10 14

Further Adventures of Indiana Jones #3-6 9 11 12 14 16-27

Hulk Annual #13 14

Iron Man Annual #5 7

Kazar #1-34

Kitty Pryde and Wolverine #1-6

Kull #1 2

Kull #1-3 6-8

Magik #4

Marvel Age #1 6

Marvel Fun and Games #5 6 7 10

Marvel Tales #111-164 166-168 170-173

Micronauts #35 44 45 48 53 54 55 57 58 59

Micronauts Special Edition #1-5

Micronauts New Voyages #4-6

Moon Shadow #1

Off. Handbook of the Marvel Universe #3-5

Off. Marvel try out Book #1

Red Sonya #1-7

Spectacular Spider man Annual #3

Spider Man and his Amazing Friends #1

Spider Man and Power Pack giveaway #1

Spider Man Storm and Power Man giveaway #1

Spider Women #22-26 30-32 36-39 41 42 44-47 49 50

Star Trek #4 5 10 15 17 18

Tales to Astonish #5 7 8 13

Thor Annual #10 11 13

Transformers #3 4

US 1 #2 6 10 12

Very Best of Dennis the Menace #1-3

X-Men Classics #1-3

Edited by *Bronze age fan*

I dont have all of the giveaways & I dont have Kool Aid Man 3 Frankie, but I probs have the rest.

90% of this is the sort of stuff I would like to get rid of, so I was traveling a bit lighter, You would probably struggle giving this type of stuff away.

I noticed a few people were getting rid of stuff for free recently, started by Dr X, I believe.

I doubt I could give these away for postage costs lol

I think that I would gladly dump all these books if,

1. I knew where they were in relation to everything else

2. I could get to them without any effort.

I think when you start your new list Frankie you need to work back into the 50s rather than 80s-90s :wishluck:

I feel a trip to the dump may be on the cards during the Christmas holidays.

Yeah the 80s stuff was the stuff I enjoyed as a kid. When I really started collecting comics. The want list I have...I buy stuff now and then when I see it pretty cheap. Most of the 80s stuff I bought new....or when I first started collecting as back issues. I always worked my way back....hence I have a ton of this stuff. Not going after the 80s stuff with any drive. When I get them...I get them. Would not take that much cash to fill out that list anyway. The year 1959 will be much more expensive!

Got this book today. Who needs Sparkle City??? This is a TMoore under copy! Tom's books ALWAYS present well...as soon as he told me he had this copy free up from an upgrade.....I KNEW IT WOULD LOOK NICE! Thanks for letting me know about it! :headbang:

Tales of Suspense # 31 VG+ :cloud9:

2012-11-22002203.jpg[/img]

Got this book today. Who needs Sparkle City??? This is a TMoore under copy! Tom's books ALWAYS present well...as soon as he told me he had this copy free up from an upgrade.....I KNEW IT WOULD LOOK NICE! Thanks for letting me know about it! :headbang:

Tales of Suspense # 31 VG+ :cloud9:

2012-11-22002203.jpg[/img]

:applause:

I dont have all of the giveaways & I dont have Kool Aid Man 3 Frankie, but I probs have the rest.

90% of this is the sort of stuff I would like to get rid of, so I was traveling a bit lighter, You would probably struggle giving this type of stuff away.

I noticed a few people were getting rid of stuff for free recently, started by Dr X, I believe.

I doubt I could give these away for postage costs lol

I think that I would gladly dump all these books if,

1. I knew where they were in relation to everything else

2. I could get to them without any effort.

I think when you start your new list Frankie you need to work back into the 50s rather than 80s-90s :wishluck:

I feel a trip to the dump may be on the cards during the Christmas holidays.

Don't you dare take any Marvel drek to the tip - k will come and take it away :sumo: