• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BAF countdown to 22 years of Marvel Comics!!!
1 1

731 posts in this topic

Almost all the remaining pieces are Kirby books :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. Frank.......are there 5 or 6 books that are your favorites out of your massive pile.

Thanks guys. 5 or 6 favorite books. It would be the keys...AF 15, Amazing #1, X-Men #1, Jim #83 and Hulk #1....Nothing beats the feeling of crossing one of those monsters off your want list. (thumbs u Every book left is a Kirby book? I didnt even know that. lol

Now the storm is getting stronger. I just got my wife and mother in law to understand its not safe in my house right now. They went to my mother in laws house with my three dogs. Saying the river by my town might have huge storm surge and flood alot of my town. The 20 years of Marvel idea may never happen. Comics get ruined...it took me over 25 years to get where I am...I am not starting over. I just hope my family and I remain safe. :wishluck:

Well, let’s just open you and your family will stay safe.

Even if comics are damaged by a flood, well it’s really super-bad but nothing compared to lives at stake.

When we have had the earthquake a few months ago, although the city has not been hit so severely, most the surroundings (I live in Emilia Romagna, in Italy), I thought about all the books & paper I have, and that all those could be lost if you have to abandon the house, this reassessed a bit my attitude since all those are things which can happen…

I will remember you & family in my prayers. :hi:

Well, let’s just open you and your family will stay safe.

Even if comics are damaged by a flood, well it’s really super-bad but nothing compared to lives at stake.

When we have had the earthquake a few months ago, although the city has not been hit so severely, most the surroundings (I live in Emilia Romagna, in Italy), I thought about all the books & paper I have, and that all those could be lost if you have to abandon the house, this reassessed a bit my attitude since all those are things which can happen…

I will remember you & family in my prayers. :hi:

.....+1, GOD BLESS......

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Me my wife, dogs, MY HOUSE, and my comics made it thur the storm! I just got my power back on at 3AM last night...I was working...it was so nice to pass by my block and see all the lights back on! I would say 90% of my town is still without power. That storm was crazy! The river did indeed rise up and flood SOOOOO much of my town. I think my house was the ONLY house on my block that did not flood. It looked like EVERY house on my block was pumping out basements. i was working almost the whole time during the storm. We could not respond to about 70% of the town for a few days due to flooding and my town not suppling us with the right equipment to do what we had to do. They had to call in the national guard with humvees to help us. So many people stranded in there houses. From my block west was an ocean of water. Thanks to all the board members who sent me PMs and asked if I was OK. Was very nice of you guys! Some crazy pictures of the storm damage.

2012-10-30110350.jpg[/img]

2012-10-31095653.jpg[/img]

2012-10-31101152.jpg[/img]

Going thur my email...Friends sent me this...my house is one block east of the hopital. Who the hell rides a bike thru waistdeep sewer water? This clown! WHEWWWWWWW

The mayor wanted to cut police and do lay offs not to long ago....She is the reason we were not prepared (better equipment, trucks that could go into really deep water) and could not get to the people who needed help during this storm...My whole town is below sea level. NOT PREPARED!!! And now wants to blame the national guard for there response time. She should have told the people crying to be rescued that IT WAS HER FAULT THAT HER FIRST RESPONDERS COULD NOT RESCUE HER BECAUSE THE CITY HAS NOT GIVEN US ANYTHING IN YEARS.....WHAT A JOKE!!!!

I’m really glad to hear you’re all safe and after all, there were little casualties, considered the disaster.

The mayor wanted to cut police and do lay offs not to long ago....She is the reason we were not prepared (better equipment, trucks that could go into really deep water) and could not get to the people who needed help during this storm...My whole town is below sea level. NOT PREPARED!!! And now wants to blame the national guard for there response time. She should have told the people crying to be rescued that IT WAS HER FAULT THAT HER FIRST RESPONDERS COULD NOT RESCUE HER BECAUSE THE CITY HAS NOT GIVEN US ANYTHING IN YEARS.....WHAT A JOKE!!!!

Unfortunately it happens often, there is to say – however – that a natural disaster remains a natural disaster, and even when you are the most prepared you can’t foresee everything. When we had the earthquake in Emilia Romagna, around last summer, they weren’t thinking it would happen in our zone, because of the terrain. Now the more ancient buildings have collapsed, many people is still homeless and wait for their homes to be demolished and rebuilt, but although they raised money these things are slow… :(

Thank you too everyone for the well wishes! Real nice of you guys!

I just got three books that I sent in to CGC thru that coupon. The package was in postal limbo for over a week...was scanned in florida on Oct 30...Because of the hurricane I figured I would get it smashed from being in there system soooo long. But the box was fine. :applause: I posted these books before...but I am happy with the grades and wanna share. :hi:

First book I bought from jimjum...he graded it a 7.5. And he gave me a really good deal on that...so I owe him BIG! Pretty shocked at the grade I got back. Maybe CGC is in a real nice phase because the turn around times are so long. (shrug)

TOS #52 CGC 8.5 OW :headbang::cloud9::applause:

2012-11-07151149.jpg[/img]

Had this raw for years. Think I bought it for 100 bucks...again years back. I thought it was a strong 3.5. Again really happy with the grade.

Dearedevil #1 CGC 4.0 OW :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

2012-11-07151050.jpg[/img]

This is not silver...But I dont care, :grin: Bought this years ago also...I got it from ebay...think the seller called it VF/NM I thought it graded a strong 8.0.

X-Men #94 8.5 OW/W :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

2012-11-07151228.jpg[/img]

Frankie...glad to hear you and your family made it through the storm with minimal damage and ill effects sounds like! Stil can't get my head around the magnitude of the damage that occurred in just a few short hours...

(thumbs u

Edited by trmoore54