• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WIZARD'S 100 Greatest Covers

293 posts in this topic

100 Best Covers #8: Marvels #2 (1993)

52206661020.2.GIF

This seminal Alex Ross cover does exactly what a cover should - it tells you a mini-story. The X-Men's Angel (note the symbolism), rescuing a disfigured mutant girl away from an angry mob, was so powerful that Marvel used it as a huge promo poster for the mini-series. Ross also notes, "It's my first Alfred E. Nueman image, with the back of his head appearing in the crowd scene."

I have the original art to that cover. acclaim.gif

shocked.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Huh. I would've thought there'd be more talking about #1 now that's it's been posted.

I guess everybody just either knew or guessed it ahead of time. confused-smiley-013.gif

People have already said in this thread what it was confused-smiley-013.gif

Thank you for posting these. Some of the covers have (rightly) taken a lot of flak and in some ways it seems this has almost come back on you.

That's a great shame as you didn't pick the covers, but you did go to a lot of time and effort to display them to us. I hadn't seen the original list and this is the first thread in this forum that I have ever even bothered to read.

Well done Bradley!

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Thank you for posting these. Some of the covers have (rightly) taken a lot of flak and in some ways it seems this has almost come back on you.

That's a great shame as you didn't pick the covers, but you did go to a lot of time and effort to display them to us. I hadn't seen the original list and this is the first thread in this forum that I have ever even bothered to read.

Well done Bradley!

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks very much, TVM. It was fun, and I loved hearing all the comments on which covers people thought belonged on such on a list and which didn't, even if they were both talking about the same cover.

And I *still* don't know what WIZARD was thinking when they put that Emma Frost cover on their list. 27_laughing.gif

Thanks for taking the time to voice your opinions, everyone!

I also agree. I've really enjoyed the thread and the discussion. I think the reason there wasn't a big hubbub over their pick as #1 is probably because most of us could tell what a farce the whole list was, based on the first dozen or so. Still, it was interesting to see what issues were put where in the list.