• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
20 20

4,886 posts in this topic

This is the portuguese variant of ASM #2 published in 1983 in Portugal.

It's exactly like ASM #2 published in May '63, with 32 pages and 2 storys.

The portuguese print run was 25.000

i would like to correct this information, the second story is "The Terrible Threat Of The Living Brain!" from ASM #8 January 1964

avlqw0.jpg

Edited by user_elisa

Hi vaillant :)

Actually, no.

There is no market in Portugal. At least that i'm aware, no.

I know that this is a rare book and it's difficult to understand in Portugal how much is worth.

Do you have an italian variant like this one?

Yes, but I do not use the term "variant", as I have already explained several times, as these are – foremostly – foreign editions of a US originated comic series.

They can be seen as "variants" but it is a misleading term.

I will scan and post the italian #2 if you like, but I have to dig it out. It came out around 1970. This is a scan of the #6 which I have at hand:

PMcJGc2h.jpg

Actually, no.

I know that this is a rare book and it's difficult to understand in Portugal how much is worth.

Yes, but I do not use the term "variant", as I have already explained several times, as these are – foremostly – foreign editions of a US originated comic series.

I will scan and post the italian #2 if you like, but I have to dig it out. It came out around 1970. This is a scan of the #6 which I have at hand:

PMcJGc2h.jpg

foreign editions of a US originated comic series hm .

Sorry i didn't read your explanation about the difference

yes, i would love to see your italian scan of ASM #2 of your foreign editions of a US originated comic series

Actually, no.

PMcJGc2h.jpg

foreign editions of a US originated comic series hm .

Sorry i didn't read your explanation about the difference

yes, i would love to see your italian scan of ASM #2 of your foreign editions of a US originated comic series

Here's a link to my Photobucket pics with scans of my collection of foreign editions. I'll warn you in advance though, there's a little over 800 of them in there. lol

lscomics Foreign Editions

Yes, definitely do not look at Tim’s collection if you are faint at heart… :juggle:
Coming from you that's most definitely a compliment with weight behind it. (thumbs u

Just got this , published December 1964 by la Prensa , no missing pages but no staples that means , cover and pages detached ...

1229944_157455657795764_591089396_n.jpg

I think I've seen one of those lying around somewhere. :whistle:

StrangeTales110Mexico_zpse8338502.jpg