• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
20 20

4,886 posts in this topic

Got these in the mail yesterday. :banana:

This one was a freebie from the seller. Great Jay Scott Pike cover. :grin:

GirlsLoveStories129Mexico_zps3cfc6911.jpg

This was the one I was really after. Neal Adams foreign romance! :whee:

YoungRomance154Mexico_zps587ddf47.jpg

And look at this...

th_YoungRomance154.jpgth_YoungRomance154Mexico_zps587ddf47.jpg

The same seller had this so I figured I should take it off his hands. :headbang:

MonstersUnleashed3Argentina_zps634675bf.jpg

And I had forgotten I had a CGC copy of the US edition.

th_MonstersUnleashed3_zpsf0a60095.jpgth_MonstersUnleashed3Argentina_zps634675bf.jpg

Just noticed this on eBay.it – most Captain Marvel covers were unused as the character was published as a backup feature, but here oddly they used the cover of Captain Marvel #26 for a remaindered edition collecting 3 issues (each one of those remaindered books collected different issues, so they are a mess to categorize).

I never saw that one before… :)

http://www.ebay.it/itm/racc-dei-s-eroi-n-56-del-1977-if-4-dentro-ce-luomo-ragno-/261287391486?pt=Fumetti_Occidentali&hash=item3cd5f130fe

$T2eC16hHJG8FGszHLyhUBSNdrfDVig~~60_12.JPG

The colors are all messed up, but that’s how it went with these covers for the remaindered books: they probably did not wish to spend a single Lira and very likely the colorist worked almost for free… :P

They are a really curious item, however, as many italian readers have fond childhood memories associated with some of them, but they are not trackable as most got either dismantled (to separate the books, which were already ruined by the binding anyway) or have been thrown away.

The thing you have to keep in mind as far as the American collectors of foreign editions goes though is that the important parts of it is the use of the original cover and story content. When assembling a "set" of a particular book from various countries that's the key.

I know, and that is why I pointed this out: Captain Marvel covers were NEVER used in Italy on the outside cover (only in the inside pages, occasionally), I am 99% sure of that, as I have the full Fantastici Quattro series, and this is an odd exception as it happened with these remainders alone. :)

Here’s a vintage Eternals sticker which I absolutely love… :)

ruqHw9Sh.jpg