• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
20 20

4,876 posts in this topic

Greek

GreekASM.jpg

Ahhhhh the vaulted Greek books Ches! I dont know Ches? Do we want to show a smidgen of the glorious Greek scans for our friends? hm

How about Indian...? (Dot, not feather) ;)

IndianSpidey3.jpg

L’Uomo Ragno #1 featured a collage with Romita artwork. Spidey has those little "sparklings" around his head, and if no one knows, might think it’s his Spider-sense tingling, while it’s taken from the inside pages of the "non-Comics Code" drug-themed issues.

Actually it's from the inside pages of Amazing Spider-man #48. Spidey is not drugged, he is just dizzy from a cold. The drug-themed issues were not until four years later,

Oh, thanks, I remembered vaguely, as a friend of mine told me that years ago, but very likely I made confusion.

It has nothing to do with the content anyway. A thing which has been common to almost all the italian #1 issues.

BTW, for those who may be interested, I have seen an acquaintance of mine has acquired copies in high grade of the italian "Nembo Kid" (one of the earlier titles which published Superman and Batman stories of the 1960s), here:

http://vintagecomics.forumcommunity.net/?t=50348403

(text is in italian, but if you scroll down you can see some pictures)

Spider-man1spain.jpg

Can you tell us a little about this book please...

Contains ASM 1 and 2 in BW with extra art added around edges of every panel to make it larger.

This book intrigues me... I never saw that series before... Cool cool cool book!!!

Spider-man1spain.jpg

Can you tell us a little about this book please...

Contains ASM 1 and 2 in BW with extra art added around edges of every panel to make it larger.

This book intrigues me... I never saw that series before... Cool cool cool book!!!

http://blogs.peru21.pe/comics21/2008/11/amazing-spidermanwebtrospectiv.html

Article in Spanish

Very cool book I found a few weeks ago after a long search.

First AF15 printed in Portugal. Features the rejected Ditko cover for AF 15.

Prints also Spider-Man vs. the Chameleon of ASM 1 and the icing on the cake is the story of Strange Tales 115. Origin of Doctor Strange. In colour :grin:

distri1aranha3paginas.jpg