• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic book collecting with a foreign variant focus
20 20

4,876 posts in this topic

Very cool that the Portugese version uses the rejected Ditko cover.

Yes, the Editor decided to show some Ditko love on that one.

They did use a revamped version of the original on the second number.

aff152covers.jpg

Here's a few more that just came in today. I had to have the Lois Lane for the Adams cover, the Titans #1 was cheap, the Titans #2 was a little more expensive but it's the first Deathstroke and a double cover to boot. :headbang:

th_LoisLane81.jpgth_TeenTitans1.jpgth_TeenTitans2.jpg

Here's a few more that just came in today. I had to have the Lois Lane for the Adams cover, the Titans #1 was cheap, the Titans #2 was a little more expensive but it's the first Deathstroke and a double cover to boot. :headbang:

th_LoisLane81.jpgth_TeenTitans1.jpgth_TeenTitans2.jpg

Very nice haul!

They did use a revamped version of the original on the second number.

aff152covers.jpg

The 'revamped' portuguese version is taken straight from Marvel Tales #137, this cover was also used in Greece. Italy's L'uomo Ragno 18, however, used the original Amazing Fantasy #15 - it was published around 1970 or 1971 (perhaps the earliest foreign variant with this cover) and there were no reprint covers yet at this time.

This reminds me of the first time I read the story, 20 years ago, in a swedish pocket book - this was the second time AF # 15 was published in Sweden, but the first time that the swedes (and I) saw the cover, printed in black-and-white inside:

001jpy.jpg

The box says "This is a look-back to how it all started!".

Spider-man1spain.jpg

Can you tell us a little about this book please...

Contains ASM 1 and 2 in BW with extra art added around edges of every panel to make it larger.

This book intrigues me... I never saw that series before... Cool cool cool book!!!

HERE you can find the cover gallery and table of contents. I am not an expert, but I guess this is the hardest to find spanish Spiderman title. My LCS has issue 1 and other for sale, but they are a little beated up, no better than GD, maybe GD+