• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for a Superman Cover

21 posts in this topic

I am looking for a Superman related book and hoped for some help as I didn't find it yet looking at online lists.

Here is the info I have

First time I saw it was on a Dutch Superman book ( I am looking for the US version)

Must be from 70 or 80 as I was a kid when I saw it.

Book has Superman fighting a villain

Villain is strangeling Superman

Villain is some sort of Electric monster or mutant. I think fully black with electricity as lines around it

That's all I've got. I didn't find anything in the Action comic series. So now I hope for some Superman geeks to help me out

Is this it? With foreign editions they sometimes changed the background colors and such.

Link

Thank you for the find, but that isn't the one (I think)

The creature was standing in front of Superman (I think)

Thank you for ading those links. Still not the one I am looking for so please keep those links coming.

I'll be checking GCD too and see if I find it.

thanks again everybody for helping me find that book

Villain is some sort of Electric monster or mutant. I think fully black with electricity as lines around it

That's all I've got. I didn't find anything in the Action comic series. So now I hope for some Superman geeks to help me out

303-1.jpg

303-1.jpg

I remember buying that one off the spinner rack. :cloud9:

Is this it? With foreign editions they sometimes changed the background colors and such.

Link

That would have been my guess as well. (thumbs u That issue did have a Dutch version... hm

125145.jpg.71ee21a03312d2fc68a78d1e4edf0048.jpg

Link

That would have been my guess as well. (thumbs u That issue did have a Dutch version... hm

I would have been 1 year old if it would have been that one. (unless the Dutch version is from a much later date). I'm still not convinced it is that one.

But again, thank you to everybody trying to help find the book.

I would have been 1 year old if it would have been that one. (unless the Dutch version is from a much later date). I'm still not convinced it is that one.

But again, thank you to everybody trying to help find the book.

do you mean 1 year old based on the US release date? Cause I know the foreign releases dont alway follow closely behind the US releases (though Im far from an expert on foreign books, there are others on this board that are though).

If the cover looks right, dont assume its not it because of the date of the US release...

Isn't there a Superman cover that has the Atomic Skull standing over Superman while the Man of Steel is holding or touching some kind of power rods? For some reason that image is in my head, but now I can' t find it. :) I thought it was somewhere in the Superman titles around 32-something. Maybe even a Whitman book. Of course, this may not be the one the original post is looking for.

Isn't there a Superman cover that has the Atomic Skull standing over Superman while the Man of Steel is holding or touching some kind of power rods? For some reason that image is in my head, but now I can' t find it. :) I thought it was somewhere in the Superman titles around 32-something. Maybe even a Whitman book. Of course, this may not be the one the original post is looking for.

This is Superman 323, but it doesn't seem to fit the original description (no strangling, Atomic Skull is not dark)

Superman 323 at GCD

303-1.jpg

I remember buying that one off the spinner rack. :cloud9:

Me too!!! I loved that cover