• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead 100 - Guess the Print Run!

354 posts in this topic

Smells like the 90s in here.

I'm honestly getting that feeling as well, I was in the hobby back in the 90's when the house of cards fell and it wasn't pretty. But like Hawkman said, the lower print runs could change the outcome.

(regarding the 1-200) What I am getting from this is that speculators will drive up the raw prices and then fast tracked 9.8 comic books will drive price higher then signed cgc books will shoot price higher after coniccons then the poor fans will switch to a new tv show and it will all crash ?

Didnt Image pull this on everyone years ago ?

Edited

agree with post above

:grin:

Both LCS I visited today hadn't even realized there were eight different covers available and both intend on only ordering about 20-30 of the issue. If the same holds true at other LCS I foresee shortages of some covers. Like maybe 40% of those printed are McFarlane....maybe 40% Adlard and the others get short ordered?

I have made all 4 of my local stores aware for a few weeks now that #100 is being handled in this manner.

3 of the 4 said they are not ordering more than the normal 20 to 30 copies and only the 4th store said they will order more, and even then only double the normal order.

Sorry but I just don't see a ton of stores going crazy ordering these. Sure some people will be ordering 200 of them for the variant but I am thinking we will see under 100,000 printed.

My LCS get 15 copies of the Walking Dead each month and they are ordering 400 copies so not everyone is going to miss the boat.

So they can only sell 15 copies normally, yet they are wanting to order 50 copies of each of the 8 covers? That is just stupid of them and they are going to have trouble moving them.

not likely. I'm sure most LCS's will get clued in well before it's time to finalize orders. All it takes is one fan asking about all of the different covers. Most LCS's can find ONE local WD fan, right?

Both LCS's I called had no clue about how many variants there will be. I had to tell them both how many and who, etc. Both shops actually said the are scared to order more than 50 copies of the WD fearing they don't sell. How do these places stay out of the loop so much? They'd probably say they are too busy running the shop :blahblah:

Jerome

The owner sold the two variants at $200 a pop already so he's almost home. Hell I think he'd order another 200 if I told him I'd take another 1:200 variant. lol

And then he is selling these for $200 a pop, the guy doesn't seem too bright hell eBay the first week or two that these come out will have them selling for $300 plus I am willing to bet.

But really $200 a pop? He is spending like $450 roughly on 200 copies X2 which he is likely to never sell through.

Ok if the majority of store owners are this dumb then this will be a 50 cent book by the Friday after it comes out.

He's had a sucessful comic shop for 20+ years. He's not a big CGC or ebay guy, but he moves big numbers of books. He is selling the variant for $200 to customers like myself who he values and I'm happy to spend the $200 b/c like you said the book will sell for $300 all day on ebay and could get really crazy when slabbed if issue 100 introduces Daryl, kills Rick or does something else monumental to the series. I'm not going to complain. I think he's the exception that proves the rule. I imagine that we'll see underordering on this book regardless of the hype.

I'm still sitting on a dozen assorted copies of Thief of Thieves including a CGC 9.8 SS Expo Variant and have variants at CGC so I didn't do that bad, considering I don't sell and just buy multiple copies of stuff that I want for me and/or in the event that I decided to sell some select stuff. I'm sure you have at least a dozen copies of those books too. Maybe we would both like to be in deeper, but it's not like that book passed either of us by ;)