• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOS #39 9.6 on ComicLink

97 posts in this topic

P.S. I really regret picking IM as a series to collect when I was young. Once started I felt the need

to continue well past the point I stopped enjoying the stories. Now when I look at the comics,

hundreds of them of just IM, I cringe at the poor stories most of them consist of. The sheer majority

just suck to be blunt. I wish I would have just collected the Marvel stories/titles that had the good stuff

and simply ignored the . Sigh. Wasted money.

I respectfully disagree. Iron Man is a great title to collect. The TOS run is among my favorites with ASM and FF leading the charge.

+1

P.S. I really regret picking IM as a series to collect when I was young. Once started I felt the need

to continue well past the point I stopped enjoying the stories. Now when I look at the comics,

hundreds of them of just IM, I cringe at the poor stories most of them consist of. The sheer majority

just suck to be blunt. I wish I would have just collected the Marvel stories/titles that had the good stuff

I respectfully disagree. Iron Man is a great title to collect. The TOS run is among my favorites with ASM and FF leading the charge.

+1

I collected TOS 39-99 and Iron Man 1-300 or so when I was young.... and I'd say you're both right.

There are parts of the runs that are amazing. And there are parts that suck hard. Really, really hard.

In fairness most titles are like that. Not every issue can be a classic.

Definitely some new $$$ pumping into the hobby. I wonder if it is one person or if it's a few.

congrats to the seller. i was skeptical at the asking price at first, but if you have a CGC 9.4 or higher marvel key, the skies the limit.

+1

I collected TOS 39-99 and Iron Man 1-300 or so when I was young.... and I'd say you're both right.

There are parts of the runs that are amazing. And there are parts that suck hard. Really, really hard.

In fairness most titles are like that. Not every issue can be a classic.

Indeed. I cringe at the Tuska art in the early IM issues.

If you have more money than you know what to do with, YES!

Theres plenty of BSD's out there that the extra 362k doesnt make them even break a sweat unlike us schlubs selling our house and WIFE to drool over it (thumbs u

Well, those people need to give me some of that money. That's life-changing cash right there, for me anyway. Everything I own, right down to the shirt on my back, isn't even worth $25k.

Peace,

Chip

It's SHOCKING how much money some people have. My wifes best friend married this Doctor in Illinois. the house they have up there is like a palace! They bought a house down here just for VACATION for 8 million, spent god knows how much bulldozing it to the foundation and are building a $20 million house! FOR VACATIONS!!! :o

People like that, an extra 362k doesnt even make them think twice (shrug)

I think this is an extremely common misconception around here. With the odd exception here or there, people with that kind of dough don't collect comics. And if you had that kind of dough, you'd probably move on to "bigger and better" garbage to accumulate.

The appeal of this junk is that you can't afford it. Once you can, it's no longer sexy.

I think you might collect Vincent van Gogh