• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Q&A Comic Production Flaws
17 17

683 posts in this topic

On 6/30/2024 at 5:30 AM, Shrek65 said:

Newbie here. I have a comic with three covers on it, X-MEN #129. Other than the obvious production error of having three covers it's in excellent condition, I never read it. Actually, I bought three of this issue because along with the 3 cover comic there was a 2 cover comic(which was stolen)and I bought a reader. Is having 3 covers a negative or positive? 

20240612_141234.jpg

I'd say with that particular issue it is a good thing.  Condition is still the biggest factor (for most).

On 7/12/2024 at 10:30 AM, Shrek65 said:

Do you think it would be worth grading?

There's a thread on these Boards where you can share images of the book (https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/42-hey-buddy-can-you-spare-a-grade/) and others can give you a grade estimate.  I would begin there and see what kind of grade you might expect from CGC.  If it's high grade, it may be worth the cost.  Otherwise, it's a cool novelty item that some might want to have raw so that they can actually open the book and look at the many covers.