• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

got your tix for the Avengers yet???

111 posts in this topic

Waiting for this movie is about to drive me insane...

I am curious on how they took all of these movies that rated

in the mid range and made a master piece.

I kind of broke a rule I made a month ago and I watched a preview...

Iron vs Thor!

When Thor head butts Iron Man I about J'ed my Pants!

:o

The hilarious part of living in a small town? When you buy Fandango tickets online, you still have to wait in line and trade them in for *real* tickets at the window before entering the theater. :frustrated:

But, it's Montana - I guess I should be lucky we have movies with sound.

checking kids out of school at 11am friday!

Same here!

My wife & I are picking up our daughter then heading across town to see the 1:30 showing.Friday afternoon. Have the tix all pre-ordered.

I can't wait.

I honestly can't recall the last time that I was THIS excited to see a film. It has to have been when I was a kid.

Jim

Just saw The Avengers this afternoon at the Odeon at Tottenham Court Road in London; AWESOME! :whee:

Woo-Hoo! :banana:

Seeing_Avengers_Assemble_London.jpg

Joss Whedon did a fantastic job on this production and every actor was given sufficient screen time for characters to develop and interact. Sorry, no spoilers (that would be telling). (thumbs u

Sorry about the size of the image; it was uploaded to Photobucket directly from my camera without any adjustment.

Tickets to the 8pm showing were just ordered on Fandango.

This is my wife's gift to me. When we were dating, I agreed to go see The Notebook with her. Same weekend of the opening of Spider-Man 2. There were 5 people in the theater watching The Notebook: me, my future wife, and 3 senior ladies. I could hear parts of Spider-Man 2 through the wall and the floor shook every time there was a big action scene.

I've never let her live it down.

Earlier today, i ordered the tickets for the Avengers marathon. I thought they were going to be $40 but they were only $20! :banana:

Considering a regular showing is like $13.50, i'm getting the other 5 for practically nothing! Tomorrow is going to be an AWESOME, AWESOME day! :cloud9:

Earlier today, i ordered the tickets for the Avengers marathon. I thought they were going to be $40 but they were only $20! :banana:

Considering a regular showing is like $13.50, i'm getting the other 5 for practically nothing! Tomorrow is going to be an AWESOME, AWESOME day! :cloud9:

yeah...you pretty much suck! Nothing awesome like that happens in SC :(

Speaking of awesome, had any luck with an Avengers 11 9.0?

My 10-year old son and I drove Into town this evening to see the Avengers movie.

We left a little early as I feared overcrowding.

Anyway we arrived and I shot the breeze a little with the owner, he knows my wife's family pretty well so he always makes time to welcome us personally and b1tch about low attendance. It was raining cats and dogs so not a lot of people were in.

He gave Quentin the original Avengers movie poster which is HUGE. Needless to say he was elated, although I have no idea where we'll be able to hang it in his room...it must be close to 6 foot high.

Anyway we went into the theater with 7 minutes to spare... And the entire room was empty. :o

It wasn't the biggest theater, still about 350 seats and we were the only ones here. Belgians don't like superheroes it seems. As we had the entire screening room to ourselves we ran around and played the fool for a while...

I wanted Quentin to stand on the seats and do an Avengers pose but he wasn't up for it, so I just shot this one...

125522.jpg

I'm standing about half way up the stairs, behind me are an equal number of empty chairs.

Anyway, the movie was fantastic.... the first 30 minutes I enjoyed but couldn't understand all the fuss... 'Best Super-hero movie ever ? Really ?"

But once it got started...it really got started..And the last 40 minutes are maybe the best action footage I have ever seen...maybe even better than Star Wars....it's really that good.

You can tell the movie was made with a lot of love for the medium and the comic book legacy..if you are a fan you will enjoy it on a lot of levels.

Yes there are hidden treasures (Tony Stark wearing a Black Sabbath T-shirt ...etc) but I enjoyed the "Galaga" gag the most...Yes 80's arcade lovers....there is a Galaga joke in the movie (worship)

The movie has some really funny moments as well....the Hulk rocks

Oh and the girl playing Maria Hill was smoking hot...

My 10-year old son and I drove Into town this evening to see the Avengers movie.

We left a little early as I feared overcrowding.

Anyway we arrived and I shot the breeze a little with the owner, he knows my wife's family pretty well so he always makes time to welcome us personally and b1tch about low attendance. It was raining cats and dogs so not a lot of people were in.

He gave Quentin the original Avengers movie poster which is HUGE. Needless to say he was elated, although I have no idea where we'll be able to hang it in his room...it must be close to 6 foot high.

Anyway we went into the theater with 7 minutes to spare... And the entire room was empty. :o

It wasn't the biggest theater, still about 350 seats and we were the only ones here. Belgians don't like superheroes it seems. As we had the entire screening room to ourselves we ran around and played the fool for a while...

I wanted Quentin to stand on the seats and do an Avengers pose but he wasn't up for it, so I just shot this one...

125522.jpg

I'm standing about half way up the stairs, behind me are an equal number of empty chairs.

Anyway, the movie was fantastic.... the first 30 minutes I enjoyed but couldn't understand all the fuss... 'Best Super-hero movie ever ? Really ?"

But once it got started...it really got started..And the last 40 minutes are maybe the best action footage I have ever seen...maybe even better than Star Wars....it's really that good.

You can tell the movie was made with a lot of love for the medium and the comic book legacy..if you are a fan you will enjoy it on a lot of levels.

Yes there are hidden treasures (Tony Stark wearing a Black Sabbath T-shirt ...etc) but I enjoyed the "Galaga" gag the most...Yes 80's arcade lovers....there is a Galaga joke in the movie (worship)

The movie has some really funny moments as well....the Hulk rocks

Oh and the girl playing Maria Hill was smoking hot...

Thats AWESOME!!! :applause:

Seriously though, after hearing you and a million other people say how awesome it is, i dont think im gonna be able to sleep tonight!

I have LOVED the Avengers more than anything in comics since i was a little kid. Always my favorites by far and still are. Other than maybe LOTR, i have never been this excited for a movie, not even close.

The only thing that could possibly make this better is if my beloved Vision was in the movie. If they do a sequel that has Vision, Ultron and either Ant-Man or Yellowjacket in it, i could die a happy man! :cloud9:

I have LOVED the Avengers more than anything in comics since i was a little kid. Always my favorites by far and still are. Other than maybe LOTR, i have never been this excited for a movie, not even close.

You're going to love this one...as an Avengers fan you will get chills at all the Avenger vs Avenger battles throughout the movie..just like in the comics during the Silver Age. Huge props to Joss Whedon for getting this right.