• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speechless over the greatness of the Avengers!!!

36 posts in this topic

Yes, I know, there's already a million and one threads about the Avengers movie but I don't care.

Since I was a little kid 30+ years ago, I have always LOVED the Avengers more than any other comic book, not even close. I always caught flak from my friends for liking such a "lame" book. They were always looked at as the crappy red headed stepchild to titles like X-Men, FF and Spidey never getting the respect I thought they deserved. As a kid, I was one of the VERY few that wasn't obsessed with Spider man, Wolverine, Iron man. My heroes were Ant man, Yellowjacket, Vision and the like which all my friends thought was retarded.

I just got back from the movie and am speechless over how great it was. To see my favorite team in a movie that amazing was beyond a dream come true. The action was INCREDIBLE, it was funny, smart, moved seamlessly, everything you could ever possibly want in a movie. Easily, easily the best comic movie I have ever seen, not even a comparison. I was like a little kid in there for 2 1/2 hours, giddy like a little schoolgirl over how awesome it was seeing my favorite team in action on the bigscreen :cloud9:

One of the best movies I have ever seen without question. The only thing that could possible be more incredible is Avengers 2 after what they showed in the credits :o I literally still have the chills just thinking about how great 2 will be after what they showed. Please, please, PLEASE god let them put the Vision in the sequel and I will be the happiest person on earth :whee:

AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING movie!!! (worship)(worship)(worship)

Yes, I know, there's already a million and one threads about the Avengers movie but I don't care.

Since I was a little kid 30+ years ago, I have always LOVED the Avengers more than any other comic book, not even close. I always caught flak from my friends for liking such a "lame" book. They were always looked at as the crappy red headed stepchild to titles like X-Men, FF and Spidey never getting the respect I thought they deserved. As a kid, I was one of the VERY few that wasn't obsessed with Spider man, Wolverine, Iron man. My heroes were Ant man, Yellowjacket, Vision and the like which all my friends thought was retarded.

I just got back from the movie and am speechless over how great it was. To see my favorite team in a movie that amazing was beyond a dream come true. The action was INCREDIBLE, it was funny, smart, moved seamlessly, everything you could ever possibly want in a movie. Easily, easily the best comic movie I have ever seen, not even a comparison. I was like a little kid in there for 2 1/2 hours, giddy like a little schoolgirl over how awesome it was seeing my favorite team in action on the bigscreen :cloud9:

One of the best movies I have ever seen without question. The only thing that could possible be more incredible is Avengers 2 after what they showed in the credits :o I literally still have the chills just thinking about how great 2 will be after what they showed. Please, please, PLEASE god let them put the Vision in the sequel and I will be the happiest person on earth :whee:

AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING movie!!! (worship)(worship)(worship)

+1 Jason. I told you!

Alright, Jason liked it! Along with a great many other fans. I can't recall a comic book flick getting this much praise...well maybe Iron Man back in 2008 was it?

I'm going tomorrow after Free Comic Book Day.

It's not my favorite comic. I haven't had a chance to read all the SA ones but I'll give it a shot. I do love AntMan though. Is he in this? It doesn't look like it..... Too small for the camera. lol

You're killing me! I have to wait until Sunday. Thanks for the review...can't wait to see it

Obviously I'm biased and probably loved it more than most but there is no way ABY comic fan could say that wasn't a damn good movie!

I'm also a HUGE LOTR fan. I've read all the books literally at least 20 times each. When those movies came out, I loved them but I don't understand how anyone who hasn't read the books sat thru those things. They really weren't good movies IMO unless you're a huge LOTr fan. This movie was completely different, anyone would like it!

I forced my 9 year old daughter to go and kept telli g her even she will like it. She swore up and down she would hate it. Wethere she really does or it's just an act to annoy the hell out of her little brother, she acts like she HATES superheroes and comics more than anything in the world. He loves them and the Avengers especially and she would never in a Million years admit she liked something he liked and thought was cool.

The Avengers was so damn good, during the credits he asked her if she liked it and she said "it was awesome!" and endured his teasing the whole way home for the 1st time in her life! :o

Alright, Jason liked it! Along with a great many other fans. I can't recall a comic book flick getting this much praise...well maybe Iron Man back in 2008 was it?

It's not my favorite comic. I haven't had a chance to read all the SA ones but I'll give it a shot. I do love AntMan though. Is he in this? It doesn't look like it..... Too small for the camera. lol

No Ant-man sadly :sorry:

You should have seen the theatres last night and tonight, it was CRAZY!!! I do t know that I've eer seen crowds that big and THAT excited to see a movie in my life. Literally, I don't think any of the Star Wars movies had the entire theatre complex as jumping as the Avengers did. It was insane, I was shocked!!!

If this movie doesn't get a TON of people I to comic books, our hobby truly is dead cus honestly I don't think I've ever seen people this psyched up over any movie. The atmosphere of the whole BUILDING was just crazy! :o

+10000000000000000

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

Nuff Said!

I think The Dark Knight got a heap of praise to... and rightly so.

Whedon is a god to comic book nerds now (worship)

Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises now has some competition for "Best Comic Book Movie of 2012" 2c

He was a god to us when Firefly came out...heck even episodes of Buffy.

I wrote this last nite in another thread, and will reiterate my sentiment. I worked in film for quite awhile, so it's amazing any good films get made. BUT I honestly feel this is one of the greatest super hero movies, and greatest summer "blockbuster" films ever.

EVER.

Whedon is a god to comic book nerds now (worship)

Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises now has some competition for "Best Comic Book Movie of 2012" 2c

He was a god to us when Firefly came out...heck even episodes of Buffy.

I wrote this last nite in another thread, and will reiterate my sentiment. I worked in film for quite awhile, so it's amazing any good films get made. BUT I honestly feel this is one of the greatest super hero movies, and greatest summer "blockbuster" films ever.

EVER.

I never watched Buffy or Firefly lol

But I did read his run on Astonishing X-Men :)

I've always liked Whedon's storytelling formula in seasons of Buffy, Angel, Firefly, the lot.

The Avengers could've gone badly wrong, but I should've had more confidence in his abilities.

Brilliant super-hero film.

Jason - Couldn't agree with you more, it's just a fantastic movie! From start to finish not a single misstep and the Hulk/Loki scene was just friggen priceless! First movie in a long time that everyone clapped at the end, I just don't see that very often.