• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STOLEN COMICS ALERT

56 posts in this topic

The following were stolen from my apartment in Brooklyn, NY on 5/16/12.

Comics of more than nominal value are in bold. The most readily identifiable book is the Tick Special Edition 1, serial number 1458. None of these were slabbed; they were all in mylars or mylites with backing boards.

ADVENTURE TIME (2012) #3

ALL STAR WESTERN (2011-PRESENT) #7 & 8

AMERICA'S GOT POWERS (2012 LIMITED SERIES) #1

ATOMIC ROBO (LIMITED SERIES) #2 & 5 ?

BATGIRL (2011-PRESENT) #6 ?

BATMAN (VOL. 2, 2011-PRESENT) #9

BATMAN AND ROBIN (2011-PRESENT) #8 & 9

BATTLE SCARS (LIMITED SERIES) #1

BIRDS OF PREY (2011-PRESENT) #7 & 8

CAPTAIN AMERICA (VOL. 6, 2011-PRESENT) #10 & 11

CATWOMAN (2011-PRESENT) #8

DC COMICS PRESENTS #87 (1985)

DOROTHY OF OZ PREQUEL (2012-PRESENT) #1

FANTASTIC FOUR (VOL. 3, 1998-PRESENT) #601 & 605

FIFTY-TWO ("52") (2006-2007) #11 & 12

FLASH (5TH SERIES, 2011-PRESENT) #7 & 8

FURY: MY WAR GONE BY (2012) #1

GI COMBAT (2ND SERIES, 2012-PRESENT) #1 RETAILER INCENTIVE COVER

GREEN LANTERN (5TH SERIES, 2011-PRESENT) #9

HOODED HORSEMAN (1952-1956 SERIES) #22 (COVERLESS)

IZOMBIE (2010-PRESENT) #24 & 25

JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY (2011-PRESENT) #637

KILLING JOKE #1 (1988, NM)

LOBSTER JOHNSON (2011-2012, LIMITED SERIES) #4 & 5

MEN OF WAR (2ND SERIES, 2011-2012, 8 ISSUES) #8

NIGHTWING (2011-PRESENT) #6

RESURRECTION MAN (2011-PRESENT) #8 & 9

ROCKETEER ADVENTURES 2 (2012-PRESENT) #1 DAVE STEVENS COVER?

ROCKETEER ADVENTURES 2 (2012-PRESENT) #2 DARWYN COOKE COVER

ROCKETEER ADVENTURES 2 (2012-PRESENT) #2 DAVE STEVENS COVER (3 COPIES)

ROMANTIC ADVENTURES (1947-1956) #25 (COVERLESS)

SECRET AVENGERS (2010-PRESENT) #21

STAR WARS #107 (Last Marvel ISSUE FROM 1983, NM-/NM)

STRANGE TALES (1951-1976) #119 (COVERLESS)

SUPERCROOKS (2012) #2

TALES DESIGNED TO THRIZZLE (2006-PRESENT) #1

THIEF OF THIEVES (2012-PRESENT) #3 & 4

TICK SPECIAL EDITION #1 (1988 - Limited to 5000 copies, copy has #1458 stamped inside front cover)

ULTIMATES (2011-PRESENT) #10

VOODOO (2011-PRESENT) #7 & 8

WORLD'S FINEST (2012-PRESENT) #1

Y THE LAST MAN #1 (2002, NM)

You should send a written letter to all the stores in the area and call them. That way you document putting them on notice. I would do the same with pawn shops in the immediate area. You may also want to inquire from your renters association about your building's insurance unless you have a renter's insurance policy to see if you can get your stolen items (I assume that they didn't just steal your comics and that the value of the stolen items would far exceed any deductible). Good luck man. Sorry to hear that happened to you.

Sorry to hear about the theft. Glad to hear you are insured though. Kind of strange that the thief would take modern comics, no? I wouldn't think they would be obvious targets (as opposed to something like an ASM #1, which any dimwit would see and think, "gee, might be worth a lot").

I agree with these guys, let the local shops know to be on the lookout.

That sucks, was all that was taken weird collectible stuff? Might be someone you know.

This.

Good luck recovering the items.

+2...the scumbag had to be someone you know if some of your choice books were taken...

Praying for the recovery of your books; along with swift and severe justice to the perpetrator...

So what happened is I came home from work, door was ajar, no signs of forced entry. Taken were a digital camera, a set of bicycle keys, 2 envelopes with small amounts of cash (US petty cash plus a foreign currency collection) and a stack of bagged comics that were out in the open. A gym bag had been near the comics, which was also taken, and I assume they put the comics in there to carry them out.

Yes it could be someone I know (or knew in the past), but definitely not a friend or close associate. Maybe someone who has or at one time had access to keys: building staff, cleaner, ex-cleaner etc. But I have an open mind. This was in ZIP code 11211.

My advice to anyone in an urban area who keeps comics of value at home: have insurance (Collectibles Insurance deductible is only $50, compared to $500 on my renter's insurance), keep petty cash/jars of change/passports hidden away, consider installing a second lock if you don't have one already, and if you ever gave keys out to vistors, cleaners, subletters etc in the past, consider changing your lock.

wut a butch of scumbags... must be someone u no no forced entry!!!! Wow i lost one valuable comic book a few years ago.. still infuriates me how some people you know and let into your house could take something from you...!!!! total scumbags..

Sorry to hear about that.

This is my biggest fear as we are getting ready to list out house for sale. Our current residence is too small, as a result, I'm at a loss trying to figure out where I can hide my books so nobody sees them when they come for showings or open houses. I've got no place my books can go where they won't be found.

I already refused to let the realtor take a picture of my "comic room" for the website. The last thing I needed was people being able to see pictures of this stuff on the Internet with our address posted right above it.

Sorry to hear about that.

This is my biggest fear as we are getting ready to list out house for sale. Our current residence is too small, as a result, I'm at a loss trying to figure out where I can hide my books so nobody sees them when they come for showings or open houses. I've got no place my books can go where they won't be found.

I already refused to let the realtor take a picture of my "comic room" for the website. The last thing I needed was people being able to see pictures of this stuff on the Internet with our address posted right above it.

Climate controlled storage locker for the bulk. Anything ultra valuable to a safety deposit box til after the move. Then you can post pics of the room on your listing. Unusual rooms caught my attention when I was house hunting.