• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gary Oldman will be in the new Robocop Reboot.

20 posts in this topic

I thought this was about Gary Oldman becoming the new Robojo. Now that Robojo is gone from eBay there is a huge void in the scamming comic market.

Obviously kidding.

I don't think they should reboot Robocop. The original is a classic

I don't know. I watched it recently and it didn't hold up very well.

Interesting...I haven't seen it in a long time. I might be let down if I watch it again. lol

Point taken. (thumbs u

Agreed. I watched it the first year it was on video and loved it. I watched it over 20 times, actually.

Just watched it last month and although it's a "classic", it did very little for me. :(

This is the problem with reboots. It will never live up to how amazing you remember the original being. Any fan of the original will think it falls flat, and every new fan has been exposed to so much violence, gore and torture, that it will seem like another violent movie.

The original was so badazz, it had all the right elements. Let it be.

I saw it recently and I still love it (shrug) I think Oldman is awesome, but he feels a little too old for this role.
He's not going to be Robocop/Murphy :facepalm:

I saw it recently and I still love it (shrug) I think Oldman is awesome, but he feels a little too old for this role.
He's not going to be Robocop/Murphy :facepalm:

I didn't bother to read the article :shy:

Nope Red Forman is coming back with his foot and his shot gun.

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Joel Kinneman from The Killing will play Murphy. This guy is fantastic in The Killing :applause:

MV5BOTAzNjg4MzgzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjcxMjU0Nw@@._V1._SY314_CR25,0,214,314_.jpg

I like that they cast a "unknown" actor for the role of Robocop.

I think he could help to make a more believeble character than hiring an A-list actor 2c

Agreed. I watched it the first year it was on video and loved it. I watched it over 20 times, actually.

Just watched it last month and although it's a "classic", it did very little for me. :(

I actually think it holds up pretty well. You have to steel yourself to the ultra-violence and embrace its inherent (and most likely unintentional) parody of ultra-violence. The director thinks its a Jesus metaphor (no kidding!).

I just re-watched the Blu Ray (good transfer despite some negative reviews) a couple years ago and still think it holds up pretty well despite having stop-motion and Leeza Gibbons as a news anchor. I still enjoy the villians "Does it hurt?" and Peter Weller's comic-book performance, not mention that thunderous musical score. Scy-Fy at it's best for this 13 year old when I first saw it on video in '88.

Nope Red Forman is coming back with his foot and his shot gun.

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Joel Kinneman from The Killing will play Murphy. This guy is fantastic in The Killing :applause:

MV5BOTAzNjg4MzgzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjcxMjU0Nw@@._V1._SY314_CR25,0,214,314_.jpg

Oh man, that's awesome...Kinneman totally makes 'The Killing'. One of my favorite actors on TV.