• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE PARK AVENUE COLLECTION
4 4

2,903 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Marty Mann said:

One of a couple of titles that I somehow bought two copies of...they would be the first I would sell.

mm

IMG  GREEN HORNET #28 (200 dpi)_0001.jpg

Did you listen to the Green Hornet on the radio?

1 hour ago, Marty Mann said:

YES!

mm

Was it one of your favorites?  Years ago there was a local station that replay old time radio shows in the late evening -- long enough ago that Amos 'n Andy was included.  I can't remember whether they broadcast any Green Hornet episodes. 

2 hours ago, Marty Mann said:

WOW!...I found my original site after all this time.  It appears the trouble I had posting back then has been corrected and once again I can share

some images.

IMG  SHAZAM (200 dpi).jpg

Marty!I was just thinking of crossing the street to say a hello!Great to see you here,I've been away a while and this is a pleasant surprise!

I see a whole new group of "boardies" since I was here last so for those who might not know about my collection "THE PARK AVENUE COLLECTION",

it consists of 700+ Golden Age comics I purchased from the newsstand between the years of 1942 to 1954.  I was able to keep the lot in fairly good

condition over the years and have been pleased to share scans of them with the collecting community.

If anyone has any questions about the collection please feel free to ask.

Again, thank you for all of your likes!

Marty Mann

22 minutes ago, Marty Mann said:

IMG  #8  (200 dpi).jpg

What a fantastic cover.  The more of these precode EC books I see, the more I can understand why Congress finally got involved.  It feels like a bit of an arms race watching covers escolate leading up to 54, I wonder how far it would have gone without the Code.  I'm finally getting my first EC book thanks to a recent sale, and can't wait.  Thanks for sharing these covers!