• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Robojo REALLY any different than some dealers?

286 posts in this topic

Whatever, this comes up once or twice a year just like pressing and people have their opinions one way or the other. I and others dont think its right and others think theirs nothing wrong with it whatsoever. Theres never going to be a right answer. I'm always gonna think its wrong no matter what anyone says and the other side is always going to think its fine no matter what i say.

So before i go into "attack dog" mode anymore, i'll let it go :foryou:

Before you let it go, let me ask you another question.

Do you think it's acceptable for a person to buy a slab, crack it, manipulate it (take your pick of any of the menu of things you can do to a book and still get a blue label), re-slab it, and then sell the newly slabbed book without disclosing that it was in a prior slab with a different grade?

Is not disclosing that series of events ethical in your opinion?

:popcorn:

personally, i think everything should be disclosed. Any book i sell, i'll tell everything i know about it. i've pressed exactly 3 books in my life, my xmen 2 that everyone knows since i started a thread about it, My Avengers 4 that i also started a thread about and my Iron Fist 14. Ive never tried to sell any of those but if i did, i'd tell they were pressed.

Any book ive bought slabbed and dont know the history, i say that. Like i said, i think everything about a book should be disclosed. I dont like playing around with PLODS and GLODS and turning them into blue labels and selling them without saying a word like a certain poster in this thread but hey, thats just me (shrug)

I turned my Flash 105 5.5 PLOD into a 4.5 Blue. :sorry:

Whatever, this comes up once or twice a year just like pressing and people have their opinions one way or the other. I and others dont think its right and others think theirs nothing wrong with it whatsoever. Theres never going to be a right answer. I'm always gonna think its wrong no matter what anyone says and the other side is always going to think its fine no matter what i say.

So before i go into "attack dog" mode anymore, i'll let it go :foryou:

Before you let it go, let me ask you another question.

Do you think it's acceptable for a person to buy a slab, crack it, manipulate it (take your pick of any of the menu of things you can do to a book and still get a blue label), re-slab it, and then sell the newly slabbed book without disclosing that it was in a prior slab with a different grade?

Is not disclosing that series of events ethical in your opinion?

:popcorn:

(worship)(worship)(worship)

Fekking A

You are truly pathetic. Now I crack open PLODs and turn them into blue labels, eh? I can also spin gold out of straw, I suppose.

No wonder you failed as an attorney, but you just might have a career in writing fiction.

Just as a point of order...

He's not accused you of any of those things, so stop with the drama. :facepalm:

shadrock is good people, Jason.

That may be, good people do things other people dont like all the time. I dont know know why he refuses to answer a very simple question with a very simple answer (shrug)

Like pressing a 9.2 avengers 4 then it comes back a lower grade then do a FDQ exit?

What does that have to do with anything?

If you don like me and have something to say to me, say it instead of being a big and sidestepping it (thumbs u

Point I'm making is how can you attack shadrock with relentless passion like you care so much but about comics but you do this FDQ Exit

You are truly pathetic. Now I crack open PLODs and turn them into blue labels, eh? I can also spin gold out of straw, I suppose.

No wonder you failed as an attorney, but you just might have a career in writing fiction.

Who said i failed as an attorney Mr. ethical and moral high ground???

Hmmmm, let me see here, lets see what the little ole search function has to say.... hm

I'll give what I thought was an absurd grading decision by CGC and why I choose to ignore it.

I sent in an original owner Captain America that I thought was a good candidate for a 9.4. It came back as a 9.6 but in a purple label. I called and was told that in CGCs opinion, the book had some siamese pages that the owner sliced open.

The book was fantastic, the pages were all there, including the folded over siamese parts.

I see no reason to mention that CGC had called it a restored book. There was nothing restored, and nothing removed. Book was sold,graded on-site in Philly and got a blue 9.6. Had I brought up the previous grade, it would have sold for a fraction of what it did and the buyer would have gotten a windfall when the book came back as unrestored. Had it come back restored, I'd have made him whole. The same guarentee I offer on every book I sell.

From that same run, I sold another CA that both the buyer and I thought was a good candidate for a 9.2 or better. When it came back a 6.5, he wanted a refund.

We went back and forth and while he agreed that he had called it a 9.2, he wanted a partial refund based on CGCs opinion. I offered him a discount on his next purchase but that didn't satisfy him. I took the book back but told him I would no longer sell him raw books. If he wants a guarentee a book will meet a certain CGC grade, he can pay the going rate for slabbed books. Raw books are already discounted enough, imo.

In most cases, a seller will lose money buy cracking a CGC 8.5 and sellling it as a raw 9.0 anyway.

Gee, would ya look at that :idea: A PLOD turning into a blue label(so YOU say!) with no mention whatsoever of its PLOD status since that might have caused it to sell "at a fraction" of what you wanted!

Should i dig up the one where you added some 3D glasses to a GLOD and turned it blue and didnt bother to mention that to the buyer while you preach from your ethical pedestal??? :shy:

Seriously dude, you should stop playing the "sufunk just makes up about me" card. These are your own words (thumbs u

That may be, good people do things other people dont like all the time. I dont know know why he refuses to answer a very simple question with a very simple answer (shrug)

Like pressing a 9.2 avengers 4 then it comes back a lower grade then do a FDQ exit?

If you don like me and have something to say to me, say it instead of being a big and sidestepping it (thumbs u

Point I'm making is how can you attack shadrock with relentless passion like you care so much but about comics but you do this FDQ Exit

Snooze! :eyeroll:

I'm pretty sure thats like the 3rd time you've linked that like you are getting to me or something. I'm not quite sure the point you are actually trying to make since the point you made there made no sense. If you read that thread, the whole point was i let my passion for comics and how much i cared for them get to me too much and needed to take a step back.

Wanna try again or just man up and say what you really wanna say? :baiting:

Just as a point of order...

He's not accused you of any of those things, so stop with the drama. :facepalm:

Oh, I apologise...he actually is. :eek:

I'm pretty sure thats like the 3rd time you've linked that like you are getting to me or something. I'm not quite sure the point you are actually trying to make since the point you made there made no sense. If you read that thread, the whole point was i let my passion for comics and how much i cared for them get to me too much and needed to take a step back.

I made my point, but again it flew over your head. Hmm can we say grade chaser not book chaser? You don't care about the book you care about the grade and thats it!

From that same run, I sold another CA that both the buyer and I thought was a good candidate for a 9.2 or better. When it came back a 6.5, he wanted a refund.

We went back and forth and while he agreed that he had called it a 9.2, he wanted a partial refund based on CGCs opinion. I offered him a discount on his next purchase but that didn't satisfy him. I took the book back but told him I would no longer sell him raw books. If he wants a guarentee a book will meet a certain CGC grade, he can pay the going rate for slabbed books. Raw books are already discounted enough, imo.

In most cases, a seller will lose money buy cracking a CGC 8.5 and sellling it as a raw 9.0 anyway.

I'm loving your returns policy, though. meh

I made my point, but again it flew over your head. Hmm can we say grade chaser not book chaser? You don't care about the book you care about the grade and thats it!

Yep, you got me!

At least you finally grew some balls and said what you wanted! (thumbs u

Can you read? I sold the book, the buyer submitted this book and it came back in a universal label. How did I turn it into anything? I sited this as an example of how wildly inconsistant CGC is with their grading. The same book was submitted twice, only once by me and went from a PLOD to a Universal. I didn't turn anything into anything. CGC's inconsistent grading did the job all by itself.

But thats your evidence? Hokey dokey.

In the other matter,I bought a 3D bookthat was in a GLOD for not having the vintage 3-D glasses that came with it. I cracked it, matched it up with the original glasses and sold the book. Why in the world would anyone mention it was formerly in a GLOD when the very reason it had been in one no longer exists?

I love to inhale old newsprint. It makes me lightheaded. I hear colors

This is what caused the guy in Florida to eat the other dude's face

lol

I love to inhale old newsprint. It makes me lightheaded. I hear colors

This is what caused the guy in Florida to eat the other dude's face

lol

I just sniffed an old ACG comic. I can see the music!

I also have a strange craving for an open faced sandwich. hm

Yep, you got me!

At least you finally grew some balls and said what you wanted! (thumbs u

It was there all along, you are just to blind by your passion for comics :eyeroll: opps I mean grade hunting CGC be all end all to see what I was saying.