• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Robojo REALLY any different than some dealers?

286 posts in this topic

Ask Mark Haspel about the Weird Tales of the Future 3 I bought from him. He stated it was a 4.0 I said 3.0. It came back from CGC a 3.0. Yep. I can't grade alright.

Congrats on grading one book correctly. :applause:

Mark Haspel isn't supposed to be selling comic books. hm

Why not?

Isn't he the head grader for CGC? they are not allowed to sell comics as it would be a conflict of interest.

He took a leave of absence so he could sell his stuff = loophole.

Oh okay! I thought he was still at the helm,sorry gang.Continue the madness. :applause:

Ask Mark Haspel about the Weird Tales of the Future 3 I bought from him. He stated it was a 4.0 I said 3.0. It came back from CGC a 3.0. Yep. I can't grade alright.

Why not?

Isn't he the head grader for CGC? they are not allowed to sell comics as it would be a conflict of interest.

And don't take my word for it, here's where he said it:

http://www.cgccomics.com/news/ViewArticle.aspx?IDArticle=2066

"After a decade of grading books, I need a short break to take care of some personal issues and to liquidate some of my inventory that I’ve had for years as a result of not being able to actively buy and sell as per CGC’s internal code of ethics,” said Haspel."

Why not?

Oh okay! I thought he was still at the helm,sorry gang.Continue the madness. :applause:

Don't apologize, you were right, it is a conflict of interest.

I have been in this thread three times today, and each time - on the page I happen to pull up - there has been a comment that made me lol.

Magnificent thread, gents.

Ooooooh! Do we get to play " Name that shill" now?!? :whee:

That's what I was wondering,who is chippie? He sure does know his way around this place.

That's what I was thinking hm

I suck at spotting them but I'm sure the board detectives are on it! :headbang:

how the is it a "conflict of interest" for Haspel to sell a book? my assumption is the book was raw and during a break from his affiliation, so where is the conflict?

how the ___ is it a "conflict of interest" for Haspel to sell a book? my assumption is the book was raw and during a break from his affiliation, so where is the conflict?

He took a leave of absence to sell comics. If he no longer worked for CGC at all, I would agree with you. But he took a leave of absence so he could sell his comics. That's like an athlete taking a leave of absence to do steroids. It's cheating.

Plus, the article says "Mark will continue to work with CGC as a consultant during his leave"