• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

David Lapham taking commission requests!

147 posts in this topic

I got in on this today, just sent my payment after getting confirmed. I thought about requesting something bigger, but got a head/shoulders of Dr Strange. I an moving away from having everyone do doc but this should be pretty groovy!

I got in on this today, just sent my payment after getting confirmed. I thought about requesting something bigger, but got a head/shoulders of Dr Strange. I an moving away from having everyone do doc but this should be pretty groovy!

How much are you being charged for shipping and did he tell you the turn-around time for the piece?

I have to say thanks a ton for passing this along.

I actually stopped collecting sketches and doing art commissions about 11 years ago (long story), but last week I commissioned my first piece from another artist in forever. It must have primed the pump, because I saw this thread, hit the blog, and before I knew it, I was in for a piece with David.

Though not an impulse buy, it was a nostalgic one. It was Stray Bullets that really drug me into the indy comics realm in the mid 90s and got me back into comic shops more. I remember who showed me that first issue, and what it felt like reading it. The whole 9 yards. I loved the life in those stories. Real and genuine comics in a cinematic fashion.

I skipped out on the chance to pick up some of David's pages from issue 12 because I didn't see any that really hit me hard. So this turned out to be a great opportunity. I'll post the results when I have the piece in hand.

We didn't talk turnaround time.

Glad to see a few of you took advantage of this. Hopefully he didn't get too swamped with requests and is able to get them done in a reasonable timeframe.

Glad to see a few of you took advantage of this. Hopefully he didn't get too swamped with requests and is able to get them done in a reasonable timeframe.

I got my request in just under the wire yesterday and he told me it was going to be about a six week turnaround.

David told me I could buy blank sketch variants and send them out to him! and since I am sending stuff out to him he said it would be fine if I sent a few books to get signed!

This is an opportunity that has turned legendary.

So what is everyone getting? I'm on the list for what I'm hoping will be a majestic Stray Bullets piece...

Mine is a gift for a fellow boardie, so I can't divulge. Would love to hear about and eventually see what everyone else is getting, though.

So what is everyone getting? I'm on the list for what I'm hoping will be a majestic Stray Bullets piece...

Willing to bet you are not the only one. The results of this blog offer should finally yield some very cool treasures I hope we see on CAF in the near future.

Mine is a gift for a fellow boardie, so I can't divulge. Would love to hear about and eventually see what everyone else is getting, though.

I asked for Amy Racecar with a guitar. David draws an awesome guitar.