• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,373 posts in this topic

This was the series based on a novel that may have played a part in the death of Revival at NBC. So, although I'm a genre fan and will watch..I'm also kind of peeved that Revival has not as yet crossed over.

that's great news, now maybe I can find some revival sketch covers on the cheap, I'm so tired with all these tv rumor bs.

#18 was great! :headbang:

But every time I read it, I'm done so quickly and I want MOAR!!! :sumo:

I really hope they don't rush anything though. If it takes this long to build the story up, it better not just be *BAM* and we're done. (tsk)

I don't hate the comic, I love it, I hate the fact of hollywood politics..Resurrection is a good show, different than Revival, I don't hate it, but its not Revival..With a lot of the coming out, you would think the networks, cable etc. would be itching to write and produce this. Strain is being made and its not even close to the writing quality of Revival.

Just a heads up, regarding that Revival 19 "Variant" posted here:

If by not official you mean not approved by Image Comics, it is. I have no control over info at Image and don't know if or when they may choose to talk about variants

And no, I did not pay to produce this. I don't even know who the other retailers are. But I wish I had, I really love the cover!

you are still being vague and choosing akward wording in your response.

Anyway, I got the info now:

MenacesRevivalHomeBrewVariant.png

You could have just said, "Menace produced the book, yes its a Home Brew variant solicited by a group of people, and I am pre-selling for them."

regardless of anything else, people have a right to know what they are buying. Full disclosure is necessary for sales threads to run smoothly. Love the cover on this book, but I'll stick to official variants.

Edited by CBT

Strain is being made and its not even close to the writing quality of Revival.

wowowowoowowowowowowow there Nellie, you have heard of Guillermo Del Toro, right!!!! Writer\Producer\Director extraordinaire!!!!! The tv show would be based on the novels and not the comics. The comics are based on the novels.

I am talking about the writing quality of the comic, not the show..This is what we're talking about currently..Revival's writing is very high up, I know del torro's direction etc, not talking about his ability etc. Comic to comic..

I'll stick to official variants.

This probably sounds snarky, and I don't intend it to be, but what does that mean? This is published and printed by Image and approved by the creators, seems official enough to me.

I am talking about the writing quality of the comic, not the show..This is what we're talking about currently..Revival's writing is very high up, I know del torro's direction etc, not talking about his ability etc. Comic to comic..

Oh, my bad, you're talking about comics, not comics that get made to tv shows. I'm sowwy, reading comprehension fail here.

I'll stick to official variants.

This probably sounds snarky, and I don't intend it to be, but what does that mean? This is published and printed by Image and approved by the creators, seems official enough to me.

its cut from the sales thread, where I asked him twice straight up, who was the producer of the book, because I would buy some if it wasnt a Home Brew book.

He intentionally posted here and the sales thread in a very ambiguous manner, making the book sound like it was an official variant. (One spear-headed by Image themselves, or the creators themselves).

The book has a very nice cover, and I am not against the book. I collect Revival, and I wanted to know if this was an official Image variant (that I needed to buy) or not. Since it is just a book made by some guy/group of guys and not a "real" variant, I'll be passing.

Edited by CBT