• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official "Does Anybody Know Where This Art Is?" Thread
10 10

785 posts in this topic

The Byrne thread made me think of this piece. It was available about 6 years ago ( I want to say Profiles in History but could be wrong) but has not surfaced since.

DarkseidByrne2_thumb1.jpg

I know where that is and you'll have to wait in line for me as I have first rights of refusal if the owner sells.

Btw the owner has owned this for 10 years and has never advertised it for sale

ALPHA FLIGHT made a brief journey into the Marvel Microverse for two issues in 1998, (with issues pencilled by Ariel Olivetti and Anthony Winn) where they bumped into the Microna- >ahem< the MICRONS. (Although they weren't even calling themselves that at that point). They also crossed swords with a Karza wannabe calling himself Baron Zebek.

There were only 2 pages of Micronauts in issue #10, but there is quite a selection from issue #11, the additional images below are only a few potential examples.

I've confirmed with Ariel and Anthony that they appear to no longer own these pages. If anyone has a line on them, I'd be very grateful for any assistance.

Alpha Flight #10 (1998)

Pages 12 & 22

vkyKRrf.jpg

Alpha Flight #11 (1998)

Cover & Page 6

eRwZ01W.jpg

Page 7 & Page 9

46BcFgk.jpg

Page 15, Page 16, Page 17

eA6uo4o.jpg

Also... I wouldn't mind knowing if this exists, even if I can't afford to own it myself. Just the fact that someone has it would be interesting to me.

tBA76.jpg

It exists in a private collection and has been off the market for a long time...I wouldn't expect it for sale or posted on CAF anytime soon.

Classic, I can't blame you, I can only dream of owning this too!

I heard that page was stashed away as well. I was looking for it to go with the splash page that I have from the same comic:

Transformers_frame.JPG

I thought of resurrecting this thread since the comments above are what inspired me to re-create that iconic cover in 11x17 board. I guess the original is not coming out of the private collection anytime soon, but this substitute will have to do for my own enjoyment and satisfaction.

lfqBDSaF_0411131018361.jpg

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=66134

OH..RON FRENZ was the penciler for this story! :)

I'm searching for ANY pages from my all time favorite Amazing Spider-Man story... ASM 248.."THE KID WHO COLLECTS SPIDER-MAN" I will pay very high prices for any pages to this story!

Mike

Hey Mike, best of luck in your search, I am a big supporter of collectors putting together a story of OA. I have never seen a page from that book that I recall, though I do recall that story growing up and I can see why its a favorite of yours as I remember it fondly.

Hey folks. I am trying to track down the original art for the cover of Jughead #215 by Rex W. Lindsey:

jul120763.jpg

As some of you may know, Jughead was abruptly canceled with #214 after solicits for both #215 and #216 had already been sent out.

This art was then re-purposed and used as the cover for Jughead Double Digest #191 instead (and recolored for no apparent reason):

JGDD_191-0.jpg

I have tried to contact Rex W. Lindsey himself, but have no success doing so. When Jughead was canceled in the fall of 2012, Rex sold off all or most of his original art. However, I don't believe this cover was among the art he sold off at that time. Archie Comics didn't use the cover until the summer of 2013 and I believe that Rex had almost certainly not yet received this back from the publisher before his sell-off.

As a result, I have no idea where this cover ended up or how to contact anybody who knows. If anybody knows where this is or has any leads on it, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

(thumbs u

(I'm also still looking for Rex W. Lindsey's covers for Jughead #199, 202 and 205 if anyone has leads on those either.)

Looking for missing pages from two 1965 serials that appeared in the UK publication, The Valiant.

KELLY'S EYE, 'The Vampire of Raffino':

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=109670

THE STEEL CLAW, 'Max Kruger':

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=109671

Most of the pages I'm looking for have scans of the printed pages uploaded in the two CAF Galleries I've provided links for above.

I'm on the lookout for pages from a couple of issues of The Flash. One by Irv Novick and the other by Alex Saviuk.

Doesn't have to be the cover, but I am looking for nice interior pages from issue 266 where Flash face Heat Wave. Pencils by Irv Novick and inks by Frank McLaughlin (cover by Rich Buckler).

flash266_zps458f8339.jpg

I'm also looking for any pages from issue 275, which were done by Alex Saviuk with inks by Frank Chiaramonte. I know Saviuk only penciled around 7 issues of The Flash, and I know where the complete issue of 276 is, but I haven't found any pages available from 275. (I have seen the alternate, unused cover out there, but not the original cover for this issue).

flash275_zps90c6fb31.jpg

There's a few other issues from around this time that I'd be interested in, that had art by Novick, but considering the lengthy run he had on the title, there really seems to be very little available.

Don

looking for a couple pages from Avengers #92 by Sal Buscema.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1022696

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1022697

hope this works...linking to picture on CAF...

I will pay over market or trade good stuff. Thanks!

Edited by AvengersFan