• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official "Does Anybody Know Where This Art Is?" Thread
10 10

785 posts in this topic

I worry that you guys are going to get sick of me eventually...

"Yes, yes, yes.. we get it, you like the MICRONAUTS."

:makepoint:

Here's the art for a fairly-rare Micros ad piece, Marvel had relaunched the title as one of it's three test run direct-sales titles (Along with MOON KNIGHT and KA-ZAR); a radical idea at the time! This page sold on Heritage in '04.

Art and storytelling had fumbled about for a year or two, until they hired Butch Guice for his first gig, (and brought back the Baron as an every-issue baddie) and the title stabilized into a fan-favorite.

B2fKp7g.jpg

I worry that you guys are going to get sick of me eventually...

"Yes, yes, yes.. we get it, you like the MICRONAUTS."

:makepoint:

Here's the art for a fairly-rare Micros ad piece, Marvel had relaunched the title as one of it's three test run direct-sales titles (Along with MOON KNIGHT and KA-ZAR); a radical idea at the time! This page sold on Heritage in '04.

Art and storytelling had fumbled about for a year or two, until they hired Butch Guice for his first gig, (and brought back the Baron as an every-issue baddie) and the title stabilized into a fan-favorite.

B2fKp7g.jpg

I haven't followed the title, but I'm a big fan of Jackson Guice and the inks here

are incredible !!

Hey guys,

Looking for this one, anyone know where this is located?

1792366-thor_and_sif___mighty_thor_2_super.jpeg

It's from Fraction and Coipel Mighty Thor issue #2 page 1

Cheers,

Troy

Paying a " Finders Fee " to anyone that can locate who owns this for me. :foryou:

:bump:

There's a number of new folks on the boards so I'm quoting this. Still lookin for page 19 from FF 40 as posted below.

Any info on its whereabouts is welcome (even if it is not for sale at this time).

Thanks!

-Steve

It's no secret that I'm trying to put together the 6-page epic battle sequence between the thing and Dr. Doom from Fantastic Four #40. I have 5 of the 6 pages ( You can see the ones I have here ).

Here's the one that still eludes me (scanned from Essential FF TPB). If you have any idea who might own the OA to this page, please let me know. Thanks!

ff40page19.jpg

I am looking for the OA to "The Female of the Species" by Werner Roth and Sam Grainger its a backup story published in X-Men #57 (1969). All 5 pages to the story, here is the first page:

xmen_57_OS_1.jpg

Also looking for X-Men #54 page 10 (1969) by Don Heck and Vince Colletta

xmen_54_10.jpg

New Teen Titans #17 cover (Baxter Edition) by Eduaro Barreto

New%20Teen%20Titans%20v2%2017.jpg

X-Men #71 - Carlos Pacheco/Art Theibert

x-men_71.jpg

Edited by Brian Peck

Well, while this thread is once again fresh in everyone's mind, I'll repost my request:

I'm looking for pages from Howard the Duck #9 (the original series, not the B&W magazine). I've been working at putting that book back together for a few years now. I have the cover, 1st page splash, and 5 more interior pages. I know the whereabouts of 2 other interior pages.

If anyone can point me in the direction of other interior pages, I'll make it worth your while. :wishluck:

And if you come across any other Howard OA by Colan, Brunner or either of the Buscemas, I'd love to know.

Andrew

While I haven't posted a large image of this page in this thread, you all have seen my sig line for years, so you're all probably aware of my desire for THIS piece:

4YZIRLy.jpg

Well, after years of grousing, I got a bee in my bonnet :busy:

and spent the weekend in frenzied online research and digging.

After following a fairly epic trail of internet bread crumbs, (and much to my surprise), the owner of the page HAS BEEN FOUND. :acclaim:

Unfortunately... well, lets just say the Hard Part starts now. :sorry:

But, good to know after all this time. Maybe I should get around to changing up my sig with a different piece.

Andrew

Edited by thethedew

I'm with LB - that could be Dave Devries...or another artist who did work for Skybox/Fleer.

Really looks a lot like the art that was done for Marvel Trading Cards back in the day. I'll have to drag out my cards and take a look.

AcA

Edited by thethedew