• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official "Does Anybody Know Where This Art Is?" Thread
10 10

785 posts in this topic

I'm relatively new to the hobby, but in the year or so I've been collecting I have not seen a single Y: The Last Man cover hit the market, and there seems to be a number missing from CAF. While I understand that not everyone posts to CAF and they may be in private collections, I would've thought a modern comic like Y would be more accessible. I'd be particularly interested in finding the iconic cover to #23 if anyone has any idea. Thanks!

I have been looking for a page/cover from Ditko's 1988 Speedball run for a few years now and they simply don't seem to come up for sale. Buying OA is new to me so I may simply be looking in the wrong places. The only one I have seen comes up as 'for trade' and when I did contact them the price was $6000. From the research I have done, all anecdotal as I have no direct comparison, this seems incredibly high. Am I right about that or is the $6000 a good price?

Edited by ignimbrite

I'm relatively new to the hobby, but in the year or so I've been collecting I have not seen a single Y: The Last Man cover hit the market, and there seems to be a number missing from CAF. While I understand that not everyone posts to CAF and they may be in private collections, I would've thought a modern comic like Y would be more accessible. I'd be particularly interested in finding the iconic cover to #23 if anyone has any idea. Thanks!

All the J.G. Jones and Aron Wiesenfeld covers have hit the market (one of the better Wiesenfeld ones sold not too long ago on eBay) and are in private hands. The Carnevale covers are another story. He sold a few directly, but the bulk were apparently bought by a collector/dealer in Italy. Don't know about the #23 specifically, but would be very interesting to see that one hit the market. For sure one of the standout covers from his run.

I have been looking for a page/cover from Ditko's 1988 Speedball run for a few years now and they simply don't seem to come up for sale. Buying OA is new to me so I may simply be looking in the wrong places. The only one I have seen comes up as 'for trade' and when I did contact them the price was $6000. From the research I have done, all anecdotal as I have no direct comparison, this seems incredibly high. Am I right about that or is the $6000 a good price?

Too much. I could see 3-4k maybe but 6 is more than its reasonably worth IMO

Too much. I could see 3-4k maybe but 6 is more than its reasonably worth IMO

That is roughly the number I had come up with in my research as well. Thanks for verifying.

Now only if I could find any other page....even an interior one.

There are quite a few threads about that seller and their prices. You might want to check them out.

There are quite a few threads about that seller and their prices. You might want to check them out.

Good advice. I had checked it out which made me question the price.

Looking more and more into this I am curious if anyone has seen Speedball pages for sale. My search in past Heritage Auctions and ComicLink sales turns up none. Were they simply never available?

Would love to dig up the location of even just one of these pages from Uncanny X-Men Annual #9 (Arthur Adams)

I dont remember these exact page #s

My favorite two are the one where Loki has a doll of Ororo (which is the last page in the issue) and the page where Loki was hiding under a table.

xmen9-2_zpse3b2c164.jpg

xmen9-1_zps2f75a50f.jpg

xmen9-4_zps1b62bf8d.jpg

xmen9-3_zpsff68d2c0.jpg

xmen9-5_zps511dd289.jpg

xmen9-6_zps0b0797cf.jpg

xmen9-7_zps00aca4ac.jpg

xmen9-8_zpsfcf21518.jpg

Edited by SiegeLoki

Alright,

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (Original Miniseries, Maximum Press 1995)

ISSUE 2, Page 5

If posting this here helps, then it's worth it in spades. Finding this page literally settles a wager, so if anyone can help out, I'd be grateful. :wishluck:

Pic is the page as published, as well as a quick Photoshop mockup of what it might look like.

mNYyWjS.jpg

Andrew

Edited by thethedew

It looks like this thread helped a few folks, so I'll give it another try... :)

I'm looking for the following Dan Jurgens & Brett Breeding (?) pieces;

Trading card (VS system):

158.jpg

Cover:

superman_65.jpg

Trading card (WIZARD):

399df557-d1ae-4cfa-8ab4-e3af9b25d721.jpg

Also - I'm looking for anything and everything involving Kerry Gammill and Superman...

My direct e-mail is:

galschwart@gmail.com

Thanks, Gal

Anyone know where the cover to this gem is hiding out? :popcorn:

A Buscema piece? :o Tim [TTh2] is about to put you on ignore.

Thanks for noting who Tim is...it gets really confusing when people start using first names since it seems that everyone but me knows first names ;)

(Hi, I am Jim by the way)

Anyone know where these two covers are:

Adventurers 1 ( skeleton cover?) If Bronty doesn't have it stashed away somewhere. :)

E16EA83D-E2DD-42D8-95B5-1BEA3E6130CC-15444-0000B034DE177ED.jpg

And.. New Mutants 98 cover (1st deadpool)

44278B54-BEE0-463D-BAD0-E06FD3C7B281-32937-0000195D392679F.jpg

lol I wish Bill !

The Deadpool cover sold on eBay for around $6K circa 2003, iirc.

:ohnoez: and a 9.9 sold for 12 large. Someone is going to make a big profit on that one when they decide to sell.
I think i might of found the owner for the NM98 cover and was able to locate his email from an old deadpool chat board from 04 including his first name. Only problem he says he only trades his art and that the NM98 is something he wouldn't trade but since its been 9 years things might of changed.

Adventurers 1 ( skeleton cover?) If Bronty doesn't have it stashed away somewhere. :)

lol I wish Bill !

:ohnoez: and a 9.9 sold for 12 large. Someone is going to make a big profit on that one when they decide to sell.
I think i might of found the owner for the NM98 cover and was able to locate his email from an old deadpool chat board from 04 including his first name. Only problem he says he only trades his art and that the NM98 is something he wouldn't trade but since its been 9 years things might of changed.

It was on CAF not that long ago at all. Looks like it was pulled or sold.

lol I wish Bill !

I think i might of found the owner for the NM98 cover and was able to locate his email from an old deadpool chat board from 04 including his first name. Only problem he says he only trades his art and that the NM98 is something he wouldn't trade but since its been 9 years things might of changed. [/qu

lol I wish Bill !

It was on CAF not that long ago at all. Looks like it was pulled or sold.

Seems like the plot thickens, maybe he pulled it off because he was getting annoyed with offers he was getting on it since he didn't want to sell.