• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official "Does Anybody Know Where This Art Is?" Thread
10 10

785 posts in this topic

But I am super interested if anybody here knows?

Well, you could eliminate or confirm Devries by contacting him through his Wsite...

http://www.davedevries.com/

(And finding out the email address he uses for the site is reason enough to go there and look around...)

Andrew

EDIT TO ADD:

I think I'm going to change my vote to Glenn Fabry:

xT5J5jH.jpg

Edited by thethedew

You two look a lot alike from here. :)

:signfunny:

Until I have as many posts as Andrew here, I think I'll always be 'The Other Andrew' , eh? ;)

Changed up my sig to include another Baron Karza splash page I'm on the lookout for:

XprpQvi.jpg

Andrew

Edited by thethedew

Anyone knows where this Wolverine Blues Painting for the Death Metal Band ENTOMBED inside album cover?

I have a contact who suggests the art was done by Entombed drummer Nicke Andersson himself. Is that likely?

EDIT TO ADD: From Wiki: 'He has also done work as a producer as well as artwork for most the bands he has been involved with.'

So I suppose it is possible. You'll have to do a little research of album art he might have done, and see if the styles match.

AcA

Edited by thethedew

Anyone knows where this Wolverine Blues Painting for the Death Metal Band ENTOMBED inside album cover?

I have a contact who suggests the art was done by Entombed drummer Nicke Andersson himself. Is that likely?

EDIT TO ADD: From Wiki: 'He has also done work as a producer as well as artwork for most the bands he has been involved with.'

So I suppose it is possible. You'll have to do a little research of album art he might have done, and see if the styles match.

AcA

More likely he did the skeleton on the cover. I feel as if I have seen that Wolverine image elsewhere. Fabry signs his stuff...but it may be cut off or covered in the published image. His sig is cropped out of on the published paintings I own.

Always happy to :bump: this thread! :devil:

Here's a Golden page from MICRONAUTS #2 that sold years back on Heritage for a song. HA had it set up with a 'Make Offer to Owner' for awhile, tried it out but got ::crickets:: and now the option is gone (has HA pulled the service entirely? I recall some rumblings that it might have been Beta and no-one got any positive results from it anyway)

Anyway, a nice enough story beat page (though no Micros present) Would love to own!

M25Nyog.jpg

The story I get from Angel is he doesn't recall where this piece went to. Hope it shows up somewhere.

To look at it, I'm not entirely sure if it was created as a single page; or if the test-tube thingie in the BG might be on a seperate page, or even a Photoshop effect. Any opinions or suggestions welcome.

mxY6H3i.jpg

Wondering if anyone knows where the original art to the covers for Jughead (vol. 2) #202 and/or #205 are. I know Rex Lindsey sold off most of his original art last fall, but I'm not sure if these were included or not in his sales. Would really like to land one or both of these covers:

1327895-jughead_202.jpg

1666490-archie_s_pal_jughead_comics_v1993__205__2011_3____page_1.jpg

Also interested in the original art for the cover of Betty #185 by Dan Parent if anyone has it or knows who has it:

dan-parent-archie-comics-cover-betty-185.jpg

Thanks.

Edited by Crimebuster