• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official "Does Anybody Know Where This Art Is?" Thread
10 10

785 posts in this topic

I've tried before but trying again - I'm trying to get two consecutive Jack Kirby FF pages. So...looking for -

Fantastic Four #14 pg, 10 or pg. 12

Fantastic Four #16, pg. 3

Fantastic Four #35, pg. 11

Willing to do cash, trade, or cash/trade

Thanks!

Hey guys,

Looking for this one, anyone know where this is located?

It's from Fraction and Coipel Mighty Thor issue #2 page 1

Cheers,

Troy

:cloud9:

:wishluck:

You want to split it? I'll take the Thor Half! :grin:

Hey guys,

Looking for this one, anyone know where this is located?

It's from Fraction and Coipel Mighty Thor issue #2 page 1

Cheers,

Troy

:cloud9:

:wishluck:

You want to split it? I'll take the Thor Half! :grin:

Depending on what it costs I may have no choice lol

A lot of people would like to know where Hsu's Adventurers #1 cover wound up. I believe #8 was auctioned off by Heritage a year or two ago but was not identified correctly and fell under the radar. Perhaps someone else can clarify.

There's a guy who is a huge Deadpool fan that has a website and he acquired the NM #98 cover many years ago. It was on his website. If you do a bit of googling, I'm sure you'll find it.

I would imagine that he's gotten some insane offers for it and perhaps he's even sold it privately.

Not sure if I've mentioned these pages before but I've searched for both for quite a few years now and done all the usual things (searched CAF, contacted dealers who handled the artist's work etc.) without success.

First up is a Marshall Rogers Daughters of the Dragon frontispiece from Deadly Hands of Kung-Fu #33 -

kungfu3341.jpg

I have the matching Daughters of the Dragon frontispiece splash from Deadly Hands of Kung-Fu #32 but would love the second one if possible. Here's a pic of the first one - http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=31795&GSub=65022

The second piece is from the Wolverine Nick Fury: Scorpio Connection illustrated by Howard Chaykin - 0012.jpg

This has personal significance to me and I'd love to find it but no luck after many years of searching. Maybe one day........ Best,

Royd

The last piece is owned by a local comic store owner in Vancouver.

He displayed it in April at FanExpo Vancouver

IMG_18171.jpg

WOW! thanks for posting the image and info greggy, so cool to see in black and whit.

A lot of people would like to know where Hsu's Adventurers #1 cover wound up. I believe #8 was auctioned off by Heritage a year or two ago but was not identified correctly and fell under the radar. Perhaps someone else can clarify.

That's correct. The cover for #8 (generic dragon guarding treasure) is a stephen hickman painting for a book cover. It was reused for Adventurers #8 which centers around a quest to get one of the keys of Telku from the lair of Belegard the dragon.

I think it was more like 2-3 years ago FWIW. It used to be one of my very favorite of the adventurers covers, but I just can't look at it the same way since finding out that its just a repurposed book cover and am much less interested. Still I used the make an offer button on heritage to offer 6-7k on it some time ago (a year?) during a moment of weakness, and got shot down.

Anyone know where these two covers are:

Adventurers 1 ( skeleton cover?) If Bronty doesn't have it stashed away somewhere. :)

E16EA83D-E2DD-42D8-95B5-1BEA3E6130CC-15444-0000B034DE177ED.jpg

And.. New Mutants 98 cover (1st deadpool)

44278B54-BEE0-463D-BAD0-E06FD3C7B281-32937-0000195D392679F.jpg

lol I wish Bill !

Adventurers 1 ( skeleton cover?) If Bronty doesn't have it stashed away somewhere. :)

lol I wish Bill !

The Deadpool cover sold on eBay for around $6K circa 2003, iirc.

lol I wish Bill !

The Deadpool cover sold on eBay for around $6K circa 2003, iirc.

:ohnoez: and a 9.9 sold for 12 large. Someone is going to make a big profit on that one when they decide to sell.

There's a guy who is a huge Deadpool fan that has a website and he acquired the NM #98 cover many years ago. It was on his website. If you do a bit of googling, I'm sure you'll find it.

I would imagine that he's gotten some insane offers for it and perhaps he's even sold it privately.

Well, look who and what showed up...

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=973863&GSub=140135

If he hasn't gotten some insane offers before, he certainly will now...