• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warner Bros saw how much Marvel's The Avengers made.....

105 posts in this topic

It's amazing to me how DC's animated fare is so head and shoulders above Marvel's yet when it comes to live action it's the opposite ( at least lately ). (shrug)

Yeah, almost like the parent company that owns the DC properties has had almost a century of animation expertise. Weird.

Yeah, unlike Marvel's parent company....

So now they're bring back the Justice League movie from "development hell"

And now they got a writer for the Wonder Woman movie too.

How do you all think they should release the JL movie?

They can't do what Marvel did with solo movies because they're already far behind :P

They could try to do it in reverse - have the big event movie and then have the spin-off individual movies. I don't think it would work as well, which probably means that WB will do it.

Only if they can put nipples on the costumes. hm

It's amazing to me how DC's animated fare is so head and shoulders above Marvel's yet when it comes to live action it's the opposite ( at least lately ). (shrug)

Yeah, almost like the parent company that owns the DC properties has had almost a century of animation expertise. Weird.

That has nothing to do with having a stud like Bruce Timm working for them.

Yeah, cause why would a premiere animator...

Disney has owned Marvel for the same amount of time that Warner Bros. has owned DC, amiright?

Disney has owned Marvel for the same amount of time that Warner Bros. has owned DC, amiright?

I think your logic on this has holes.

Thats pretty cool and all, but would make a terrible movie. Who wants a movie where all the heroes die? Works better as a 5 minute teaser trailer. Anyone can do a decent "final story" (Killing Joke, DKR, Last Superman story), but if you plan on building a franchise out of it, there has to be something not quite so apocalyptic.

Set up all the movies, Superman vs whoever, Batman vs whoever, WW vs whoever, Captain Marvel vs whoever, Flash/GL, etc and establish the base. Then put the team together to fight the Legion of Doom or whatever. It works.

I didn't mean the DCU Online storyline so much as the potential of going 100% digital for a Justice League movie.

Complete artistic control over every aspect. World environments, costumes, cape flow, right down to exact muscle mass or boob size. So instead of dragging the Justice League in to our world, we get to visit theirs.

Digital actors can be extremely convincing...

I think your DC bias makes you myopic.

I suppose we should agree to disagree.

What strikes you as reductum ad absurdum, I see as prima facie.

And tell me, am I paranoid in thinking you are calling me something vulgar by your sentence structure?

They can't do what Marvel did with solo movies because they're already far behind :P

Just do Kingdom Come, no lead in, no back story( other than character

identification), just go right into it. Use the books as they were written, perfect.

Just do Kingdom Come, no lead in, no back story( other than character

identification), just go right into it. Use the books as they were written, perfect.

hm

And tell me, am I paranoid in thinking you are calling me something vulgar by your sentence structure?

DC bias? I'm an old school Marvel Zombie :)

Yes, you're paranoid :foryou:

DC bias? I'm an old school Marvel Zombie :)

Yes, you're paranoid :foryou:

The only conversations I've had with you have concerned the Marvel movies- you will forgive me for seeing a pattern. lol

(thumbs u

DC blew it years ago when they did the Superman reboot. They should've expanded the Smallville story and used those actors. Should've had Loeb oversee the creative process, or even write the -script himself.

Turn him into Superman (costume and all that) in the movie. They had a built-in fan base already, they had laid all of the groundwork with the show. Plus, with the movie, they'd finally have an enormous budget to work with.

Smallville Superman was better than the new guy. Durance is a hotter LL than Bosworth. And Smallville Lex was better than Spacey's version. Coulda thrown Lana in there for additional eye candy.

DC blew it years ago when they did the Superman reboot.

I really am a Marvel Zombie, but good DC films are good for everyone; I want to be clear that I want DC movies to succeed.

Having said that, how do you make a Superman film where Superman never throws a punch? :facepalm:

DC blew it years ago when they did the Superman reboot.

I really am a Marvel Zombie, but good DC films are good for everyone; I want to be clear that I want DC movies to succeed.

Having said that, how do you make a Superman film where Superman never throws a punch? :facepalm:

I know the movie as a whole was terrible but that 12 minute sequence with the airplane when Superman makes his triumphant return was total movie gold... I'll watch the movie just for that part every time!

know who storyboarded that sequence?

Gabriel Hardman...