• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrity Signed Books
22 22

4,121 posts in this topic

On 7/6/2023 at 11:45 PM, ivdyer said:

Really stoked to add this to the display.  The book and prop just fell at the right time for the right price…….

IMG_6633.thumb.jpeg.b9e1a7576ecc5872d94b35ef09452b91.jpeg

IMG_6635.thumb.jpeg.2a4e013e350ca502439f213793c06b41.jpegIMG_6634.thumb.jpeg.ee7eb5895b62bcb7cd971aeffa55df6f.jpeg

Newmar doesnt sign w/o inscription , in fact met her in person 2015/16 and she flatly refused to sign w/o insc & she had prolly insc items for yrs then......West had insc since 2004 or so. This was done to avoid resales.

If its from Hollywood Show then it may be fake

Edited by postersandstuff

On 7/18/2023 at 4:07 PM, postersandstuff said:

Newmar doesnt sign w/o inscription , in fact met her in person 2015/16 and she flatly refused to sign w/o insc & she had prolly insc items for yrs then......West had insc since 2004 or so. This was done to avoid resales.

If its from Hollywood Show then it may be fake

Nope, through CA and verified at their private signing….comes with photo of her signing.  I know by your posts you have been burned but these are legit from a legit company.  

On 7/18/2023 at 11:30 PM, ivdyer said:

Nope, through CA and verified at their private signing….comes with photo of her signing.  I know by your posts you have been burned but these are legit from a legit company.  

Okay , hopefully real.....but had I brought the comic to a con chances are she would only insc it. I suspect she sends out fakes now thru mail cuz theyre not insc.

"I would think with all the evidence the verdict is pretty clear, don't buy from them. If they are repping a guest at a show, buy something, if it's a send in or there eBay store, walk away" , its the same thing with Hollywood Show : never buy there items which you didnt see sgd yourself. I hope for the money you paid its real deal , as it should be.

I have met Julie Newmar at 3 different cons. She is very picky about how she signs. She signs where she wants in the color she wants. She Almost always wants to personalize the signature when she is signing one on one. When she is handed a stack of books she may personalize the first book but after that she just signs. These 2 books I personally watched her sign.  They are real.  

Screenshot_20230719-001548.png

Screenshot_20230719-001445.png

On 7/19/2023 at 1:54 AM, postersandstuff said:

Okay , hopefully real.....but had I brought the comic to a con chances are she would only insc it. I suspect she sends out fakes now thru mail cuz theyre not insc.

"I would think with all the evidence the verdict is pretty clear, don't buy from them. If they are repping a guest at a show, buy something, if it's a send in or there eBay store, walk away" , its the same thing with Hollywood Show : never buy there items which you didnt see sgd yourself. I hope for the money you paid its real deal , as it should be.

Thanks for the info but give it a rest.  I’m good and the sigs are real.  

Agree to disagree , CA was former Gridiron , a company that has sold fakes and still appear to be doing so 

When I met Newmar all items had to be insc , just my 2 cents

Let the buyer beware

https://forum.rebelscum.com/threads/in-case-you-need-more-reasons-not-to-buy-from-ca.1128335/

(Bendu : "Just like the rest of them.....they get cocky and think no one will notice" , like HS trying to sell fake Stan Lee sgd funko but redditor fakeautographs caught him red handed)

On 7/19/2023 at 6:31 AM, postersandstuff said:

Agree to disagree , CA was former Gridiron , a company that has sold fakes and still appear to be doing so 

Let the buyer beware

https://forum.rebelscum.com/threads/in-case-you-need-more-reasons-not-to-buy-from-ca.1128335/

(Bendu : "Just like the rest of them.....they get cocky and think no one will notice" , like HS trying to sell fake Stan Lee sgd funko but redditor fakeautographs caught him red handed)

CA doesn’t sell fakes. I spent time with Joe this last Saturday and he waited over 5 hours to get John Rhys-Davis to sign all of his items 

On 7/19/2023 at 6:31 AM, postersandstuff said:

Let the buyer beware

Your input is appreciated but you have a thread dedicated to your skepticism, leave it there and let others enjoy the thread.  

Too many signed props to show here but this is the centerpiece.  You call yourself a fan but can you call yourself a fan without a signed dragons head? xD 

The dragons head is reserved for Dragon riders or those affiliated with the house. Thank  you to @Kevlar for facilitating the books and caring this thing around for a few of these sigs.  

IMG_6808.thumb.jpeg.f199efd36c95df2078e57f6e13870ae4.jpegIMG_6807.thumb.jpeg.63934987628bcfa7c6d9ac5ac5477eba.jpegIMG_6806.thumb.jpeg.2243ea4df3ca7c93b4493b58bcb4c7e9.jpegIMG_6805.thumb.jpeg.39b46973aaa3d140746b1c9802e3aff6.jpegIMG_6804.thumb.jpeg.c20a959dd099014df40543c51809ac14.jpegIMG_6803.thumb.jpeg.f7b7495fa10a4194099ab1d903bd2bfc.jpeg

Added Keone Young to this one since he had one voice credit in Scooby Doo. Scooby Doo & the Samari Sword. He initially groaned upon seeing it and joked that he is trying to forget the oddball credits he has done but he was one of the nicest guys ever. He wanted to make sure to add the character name and made it a contest to see who could find it faster on their phone. Myself, the facilitator, his assistant, or him. I won in the end and he insisted in doing a half dozen photos for the selfi option and told me to check before leaving and if not 100% satisfied he would redo the photos. 

Garden State Comicfest Summer 2023 Thanks to @Agents Of Slabs for facilitating. 

20230727_134247.jpg

I knew cracking this book it would drop in grade. I felt it was way over graded the first time it was graded, and told by a facilitator the second time it was cracked to expect a grade drop. I made the person next to me in line at the facilitator booth literally cringe saying, "It's a 9.8 don't do it." My goal is the art and signature credentials not the grade. So here it is as a 9.4 but I am happy. I won't have to worry about cracking it out again! I'm trying to add Hogwarts cast members to the back.

Added Dan Fogler to the back of it this time he plays the muggle in the Fantastic Beast Trilogy.

SIGNED & SKETCH BY MATTHEW PARTON ON 9/9/19 & SIGNED BY KATHY NAJIMY ON 9/9/19, MATTHEW LEWIS ON5/21/22 & DAN FOGLER ON 6/24/23 ON FRONT & BACK COVER

20230727_134553.jpg

20230727_134600.jpg

Personal grail for me on this one as a Mets fan. Dwight Doc Gooden was at Garden State Comicfest this summer, and he was a late announcement. My artist friend knocked this out in two days and since he was at the show it was witnessed. The only problem, Gooden loved it so much he wanted to keep it and thought it was a gift for him. Had to explain to him my Scooby mashup collection but he really enjoyed it!

I might have to switch over to these sketch covers. The NG label means no worries about grade drops. On the flip side however, CGC doesn't seem to picture them or go too details under the verification id.

20230727_134512.jpg