• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

All of this is just stupid.

I would like for someone either to pick up omegadepot's offer, or rather have the offer reverted to Barth.

Barth earned his book, so I will just wait to ship it until the situation resolves either way.

rfoii should have refrained from such a trolling behavior.

Crazy busy man. Laying low until I get back on track but I can't say I've missed the latest version on the PIF drama.

I took the offer, posted one up and it was taken again.

Some of you guys need to get down off your soapboxes and places of judgement, I didn't break any rules.

omegadepot had a great offer up no one was taking, I liked the statues (my brother will love them) and grabbed them. I then offered up what I thought was good for equivalent exchange from a monetary perspective, gave the new taker multiple options and it moved - twice.

Relax.

62756081.jpg

I would like for someone either to pick up omegadepot's offer, or rather have the offer reverted to Barth.

Barth earned his book, so I will just wait to ship it until the situation resolves either way.

Give it a rest, you are not in charge around here.

You should refrain from such judgemental behavior.

The interesting thing is the statues could have been bought for $170 shipped on Amazon. The followup offers after claiming them were $200 cash or $250 credit. More than half of the regular participants of this thread would have claimed them and offered about $90 worth of books they can't sell despite repeated attempts.

Yeah, that was definitely trolling. :eyeroll:

My biggest worry is the admins shutting down the thread (or moving it to the mixed use sales thread section) if the Paying It Forward involves cash and not books. Offering up $200 cash was generous in my mind compared to what you took but I'm not sure if offering cash will head us down a path that ends the thread.

My biggest worry is the admins shutting down the thread (or moving it to the mixed use sales thread section) if the Paying It Forward involves cash and not books. Offering up $200 cash was generous in my mind compared to what you took but I'm not sure if offering cash will head us down a path that ends the thread.

I understand the concern, I don't necessarily agree that the threat is really looming, but I understand where you are coming from.

Ultimately this is a thread about getting stuff and then giving stuff in return. Money counts as stuff. :shrug:

I think if the mods were going to shut this thing down they would have done so multiple times now due to the various shenanigans that have happened. People have done things on here that have caused it to stall and swirl for days. I would worry more about that and the collective group shaming behavior being a threat to the thread than someone offering cash (and by the way being followed by more cash and then OA).

The interesting thing is the statues could have been bought for $170 shipped on Amazon. The followup offers after claiming them were $200 cash or $250 credit. More than half of the regular participants of this thread would have claimed them and offered about $90 worth of books they can't sell despite repeated attempts.

Yeah, that was definitely trolling. :eyeroll:

How's that any different than offering $100 bucks worth of OA you wouldn't be able to sell?

If we're going to call out junk donkeys, we shouldn't be selective. The current offer is worth like half of what was taken. And clearly way less interesting based on the comments.

Seriously, cash has no place in this thread. Not only will it bring out the greedy (more so than it is now), it may shut the thread down. It's one thing to trade comics for comics, but you're engaging in selling when you offer up cash. It sets a dangerous precedent.