• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey Supapimp, you owe Anfield Fox a New Mutants 98

768 posts in this topic

How about this?

I'm not really "friends" with the guy (Supapimp) but he did hook me up with a Pacific Coast Avengers so I'll try to end this if I can. I haven't looked at it in like 15 years but I have a raw New Mutants 98 that's probably 9.2-9.6 range. PM me your address and I'll send it to you to restore your faith in the boards and put an end to all this :foryou:

Some anonymous benefactor already donated one a gazillion pages back.

:blush:

I havent read most of this but Did one actually get sent?

If that's the case, how would the PL situation ever end? I see the OP has nominated him for the PL, if he has the book now, what does he want for Pimp to get off the PL?

Can someone give me the cliff notes here? If I'm not involved from the beginning, I don't have the attention span to read 250 posts doh!

Some anonymous benefactor already donated one a gazillion pages back.

:blush:

I havent read most of this but Did one actually get sent?

If that's the case, how would the PL situation ever end? I see the OP has nominated him for the PL, if he has the book now, what does he want for Pimp to get off the PL?

Can someone give me the cliff notes here? If I'm not involved from the beginning, I don't have the attention span to read 250 posts doh!

All this should be taken up in the Probation Discussion thread. I'll say here what I said there, in the Probation Discussion thread.

"Actually I was the one who suggested that if Anfield wants to submit Supa for the PL he should do it here. And not for HOS. This is far from HOS.

But if you're going to do it, do it here (Probation Discussion thread). As the rules state:

c) The accuser should outline as completely as possible the circumstances surrounding the transaction in dispute. Where possible include hyperlinks to board transactions and contact attempts along with dates.

A couple of threads in Comics General started by me (CapFreak's birthday) and COI calling out Supapimp is not how this is done.

If you want to submit him to the PL, do what everyone else does. Take it from the beginning and detail it here in this forum. It also maintains all of the info where it should be.

And with Arch recently talking again about threads calling people out publicly, there is no guarantee that COI's thread will remain over time."

Here's the post:

Well, someone else has already stepped up to the plate and covered supa's mess by offering a New Mutants 98 to Anfield as recompense for this blatant display of pathetic cheapness.

And no, it's not me, but it is a long-time board member. I'll let them reveal themselves if they so choose, but the act of charity was disclosed to me privately so as to not draw attention to it, so I'm being respectful of their wish.

So unless supa wants to do the right thing, which I doubt he would as the right thing was clearly evident when this happened originally, this is already taken care of

As far as the Probation List is concerned, technically, SP failed to complete the deal. The 30 day time frame has certainly been satisfied. It would be up to Anfield to determine what it would take for SP to be removed from the list.

And with Arch recently talking again about threads calling people out publicly, there is no guarantee that COI's thread will remain over time."

I believe COI's thread and the threads Arch was referencing are too different types of threads.

I believe COI's thread and the threads Arch was referencing are too different types of threads.

Can you guaranty your belief?

Again, someone wants to put someone on the PL, they go through the same process everyone else does.

Outline the situation in the Probation Discussion thread. Send a PM to the offender. Wait 3 days for a response.

It is not difficult to do.

I believe COI's thread and the threads Arch was referencing are two different types of threads.

Again, someone wants to put someone on the PL, they go through the same process everyone else does.

Outline the situation in the Probation Discussion thread. Send a PM to the offender. Wait 3 days for a response.

I believe Anfield PMed SP four and a half years ago. He's waited his three days.

I believe COI's thread and the threads Arch was referencing are two different types of threads.

I believe Anfield PMed SP four and a half years ago. He's waited his three days.

You mean Anfield PMd him that he was being submitted for the PL four years ago?

You mean Anfield PMd him that he was being submitted for the PL four years ago?

It was implied.

That was 4 years ago guys.Sorry I think there should be a statute of limitations here,no disrespect to Anfield but he could have brought this up years ago. (shrug)

He did, didn't he?

I think it is amazing how I went to work and in the course of 36 hours this thread has generated almost 300 responses.

That was 4 years ago guys.Sorry I think there should be a statute of limitations here,no disrespect to Anfield but he could have brought this up years ago. (shrug)

Anfield also said he had other bad transactions with other board members. What about them? We don't even know one detail of those. Did they take money from him and not send anything? Did they send him obviously restored books claiming they were unrestored? Did they send VG books instead of VF?

Should I start PMing with Anfield about these and then calling them out in separate threads in CG?

Anfield also said he had other bad transactions with other board members. What about them? We don't even know one detail of those. Did they take money from him and not send anything? Did they send him obviously restored books claiming they were unrestored? Did they send VG books instead of VF?

Should I start PMing with Anfield about these and then calling them out in separate threads in CG?

Typical gubment response.

Typical gubment response.

Typical Watson response. It has lost whatever little humor it originally had.

Or does Watson feel he speaks for all the board? Talk about gubment.

It's lost its humor because it was never really meant to have any. Secondly, I would never attempt to speak for all the boards as that position would require a schizophrenic.

The boards created a process for the Probation List. I am simply insuring that process is followed.

You are seeking Anfield to circumvent that process. How is that not speaking for all the boards, Mister Gubment Man?

That's great for Matt. Plus, people can decide for themselves if they want to deal with supapimp concerning any future transactions. You know, it's expensive to ship to California if one is almost on or on the East coast... even if someone else offers to foot the bill.

I think Elrod should be added to the 'hall of shame' list if he doesn't make this right. Gift or not, he backed out on paying something that he owed for no legitimate reason.

I disagree. This incident was 4 years ago right. while a bad move it was not a sale which is what probation list was made for.

Also since then Supa has been a good member .

What has his conduct been in mean time?

I just completed a $2K deal with Supa, books arrived in less than a week so, :acclaim::shy:

So obviously none of this actually happened? meh

I'm just saying since the question was asked. Supa has always been a good boardie in my books but I will agree that this seems odd. They need to hash it out but why did it take 4 years to come to the surface?

+1

I'm not saying this isn't messed up because it is. But, i've had a couple buys from Supa and both times, everything was perfect. Great communication and he shipped the day after i paid. I dont know what the hell happened here, it definitely seems completely out of character from what i know of him (shrug)

This thread is getting really fricking annoying.

What do your experiences have to do with what he did to Anfield? He's been here participating in the marketplace since 2002; he's obviously not any sort of scam artist, nor is he a horrible buyer/seller, and no one is claiming that he is.

He simply did a douchey thing, and some of us were asking him to step up and fix it. That's it. His conduct outside of this incident is completely irrelevant.