• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey Supapimp, you owe Anfield Fox a New Mutants 98

768 posts in this topic

This thread served its intended purpose as a Town Square tongue lashing.

Oh, was that its purpose?

Yes

I like Matt, and I wanted him to get his book.

Maybe I should start a butthurt thread complaining about noobs with which I have had no specific dealings.

:popcorn:

Yes

Maybe I should start a butthurt thread complaining about noobs with which I have had no specific dealings.

Or maybe about noobs who weren't around at the time of the incident and have no idea what they're talking about in relation to the topic at hand?

Yes

I think that is honorable, the same day, month, or even year.

Yes

I didn't know about it the same day, month, or even year because it got buried in a thread I was never involved in, and Matt has been away from the boards for a few years.

But I apologize. Clearly the honorable thing to do is take a dump in this thread for no particular reason other than butthurt.

Yes

Or maybe about noobs who weren't around at the time of the incident and have no idea what they're talking about in relation to the topic at hand?

This is the same tired sentiment shared by the same 20 members with way too many posts, who blame the downfall of the boards on the noobs.

You think this silly situation is unique? Has there never been a similar situation in the almost two years I've been a member?

If there is more to this particular situation, that a newer member isn't privy to, then more discretion should be used, or the full details revealed.

Matt left these boards because he got shafted on a few deals by board members that didn't act honourably. Far as I'm concerned Matt's a good guy and we should try to encourage the good guys to hang around. That's what this thread should be about. Anything else is just stupid to argue about.

I didn't know about it the same day, month, or even year because it got buried in a thread I was never involved in, and Matt has been away from the boards for a few years.

But I apologize. Clearly the honorable thing to do is take a dump in this thread for no particular reason other than butthurt.

Yeah man, did you ever get chastized there. Wow, might want to take a couple of days off and see if the stinging settles back some

Yes

This is the same tired sentiment shared by the same 20 members with way too many posts, who blame the downfall of the boards on the noobs.

You think this silly situation is unique? Has there never been a similar situation in the almost two years I've been a member?

If there is more to this particular situation, that a newer member isn't privy to, then more discretion should be used, or the full details revealed.

MIKENYC HATH SPOKEN. FORSOOTH, THO HE KNOWETH NOT THE PARTICULARS, HE HATH SEEN THE PURPOSE...AND FOUND IT WANTING.

Although the "way too many posts" part is intriguing, indeed. Someone should save that one for future use

Yes

You can't take a dump in something that is already taking a dump on someone.

Also for the record, I think that it is absolutely wrong to not honor your commitments. I have volunteered to send a Secret Santa gift if someone doesn't receive it. I just think public shaming shouldn't be presented as anything other than what it is.

Yes, this situation is fairly unique to the boards. I do remember another similar incident that involved welshing on a bet, but it wasn't at Christmas time.

There was a link to the thread in its entirety. Did you not read it?

Yes

Also for the record, I think that it is absolutely wrong to not honor your commitments. I have volunteered to send a Secret Santa gift if someone doesn't receive it. I just think public shaming shouldn't be presented as anything other than what it is.

Look at my first post. Did I insult him? Nope. Did I call for his head? Nope. I simply said, what he did was ridiculous and considering the fact that he's been here longer than me, I thought he may actually decide to make it right. Doing so in public would have benefited him and made things right for Matt. But look at how he responded. He "shamed" himself.

Ask yourself a question, if you're even capable of introspection: what do YOU accomplish by taking a dump in this thread?

Yes

Look at my first post. Did I insult him? Nope. Did I call for his head? Nope. I simply said, what he did was ridiculous and considering the fact that he's been here longer than me, I thought he may actually decide to make it right. Doing so in public would have benefited him and made things right for Matt. But look at how he responded. He "shamed" himself.

Ask yourself a question, if you're even capable of introspection: what do YOU accomplish by taking a dump in this thread?

Who's butthurt now?

Yes

Who's butthurt now?

You sir are a complete tool.

Matt left these boards because he got shafted on a few deals by board members that didn't act honourably. Far as I'm concerned Matt's a good guy and we should try to encourage the good guys to hang around. That's what this thread should be about. Anything else is just stupid to argue about.

Tell that to mikenyc. His perspective is skewed by the fact that he's perpetually covered in a patina of whiny, indulgent, righteously-indignant butthurt.

Yes

Who's butthurt now?

lol You and Elrod share the same fetish for embarrassing yourselves.