• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey Supapimp, you owe Anfield Fox a New Mutants 98

768 posts in this topic

This thread served its intended purpose as a Town Square tongue lashing.

Oh, was that its purpose?

Yes

I like Matt, and I wanted him to get his book.

Maybe I should start a butthurt thread complaining about noobs with which I have had no specific dealings.

I think that is honorable, the same day, month, or even year.

I didn't know about it the same day, month, or even year because it got buried in a thread I was never involved in, and Matt has been away from the boards for a few years.

But I apologize. Clearly the honorable thing to do is take a dump in this thread for no particular reason other than butthurt.

You can't take a dump in something that is already taking a dump on someone.

Also for the record, I think that it is absolutely wrong to not honor your commitments. I have volunteered to send a Secret Santa gift if someone doesn't receive it. I just think public shaming shouldn't be presented as anything other than what it is.

Look at my first post. Did I insult him? Nope. Did I call for his head? Nope. I simply said, what he did was ridiculous and considering the fact that he's been here longer than me, I thought he may actually decide to make it right. Doing so in public would have benefited him and made things right for Matt. But look at how he responded. He "shamed" himself.

Ask yourself a question, if you're even capable of introspection: what do YOU accomplish by taking a dump in this thread?

Who's butthurt now?

lol You and Elrod share the same fetish for embarrassing yourselves.

You can honestly tell me that a PM to supapimp would not have achieved the same result? Don't you think constructive conversation with someone who you believe wronged another would have been better served in an environment where, embarrassing tools such a myself, wouldn't chime in?

My "taking a dump" was acknowledging this thread for what it is, and I'm the one who needs introspection? I'm not passing judgement on whether or not you are right or wrong for doing it, nor am I saying that supapimp is deserving or not deserving.

For your edification, the butthurt ended when I put RMA on ignore and I should have followed suit with you. I apologize for ruining your honorable thread. It won't happen again.

8milemax fist yourself. (thumbs u

You can honestly tell me that a PM to supapimp would not have achieved the same result? Don't you think constructive conversation with someone who you believe wronged another would have been better served in an environment where, embarrassing tools such a myself, wouldn't chime in?

My "taking a dump" was acknowledging this thread for what it is, and I'm the one who needs introspection? I'm not passing judgement on whether or not you are right or wrong for doing it, nor am I saying that supapimp is deserving or not deserving.

For your edification, the butthurt ended when I put RMA on ignore and I should have followed suit with you. I apologize for ruining your honorable thread. It won't happen again.

With all due respect my friend, I was glad to see this thread. I remember the incident like it was yesterday. It was in very poor taste. Just my opinion.

You can honestly tell me that a PM to supapimp would not have achieved the same result?

Even better a PM to Anfield, who always impressed me as being one of the more level headed posters here, suggesting he take it up here himself.

Seriously, COI, how did you expect this thread to turn out? As a reasoned and intelligent assessment of the situation? You've been here long enough to know differently.

With all due respect my friend, I was glad to see this thread. I remember the incident like it was yesterday. It was in very poor taste. Just my opinion.

Mike, I completely agree that it should be PL worthy if someone participates in the Secret Santa and then does not honor their commitment. I was lucky enough to snag an amazing Sgt. Fury, donated by a hairy, Action Comics lover, and sent my slab off to the winner of my donation as well. There is no question that the guy was in the wrong.

I'm just surprised that the focus is turned on me when I make a joke calling it what it is. A public hanging serves it purpose, just don't call it a party.

Mike, I completely agree that it should be PL worthy if someone participates in the Secret Santa and then does not honor their commitment. I was lucky enough to snag an amazing Sgt. Fury, donated by a hairy, Action Comics lover, and sent my slab off to the winner of my donation as well. There is no question that the guy was in the wrong.

I'm just surprised that the focus is turned on me being when I make a joke calling it what it is. A public hanging serves it purpose, just don't call it a party.

Can I call it a luau? :grin:

ILIKEMIKE.jpg

You can honestly tell me that a PM to supapimp would not have achieved the same result?

Even better a PM to Anfield, who always impressed me as being one of the more level headed posters here, suggesting he take it up here himself.

Seriously, COI, how did you expect this thread to turn out? As a reasoned and intelligent assessment of the situation? You've been here long enough to know differently.

Actually, the thread turned out rather well considering that the person I was sticking up for, who was wronged in this situation, feels vindicated.

Go read the old thread; Anfield messaged Supapimp while the event was taking place. He tried to work it out at the time, but Elrod wasn't having it. Why should I then expect a PM to work 5 years later?

Instead, what often compels people to right their wrongs is making them public; that's unfortunate, but true. Supapimp had a chance to come out on top here, instead he completely ignored the issue and tried to deflect the whole situation by dragging my into the dirt, so as far as I'm concerned he showed his colors and shamed himself.

You ask me how I expected this thread to turn out? What do you expect to accomplish by criticizing this thread? Anfield is grateful for the moral victory, and for the fact a generous board member stepped up and sent him a NM 98.

I start a lot of ridiculous threads, but I stand by this one and I think it ended up being more positive than negative. If you want to continue to rail against my intentions, have at it, I'm content, and you're accomplishing nothing.

If you want to continue to rail against my intentions, have at it, I'm content, and you're accomplishing nothing.

I made one direct response to this situation, which was a reasonable and calm suggestion, regarding Anfield bringing this up in the PL discussion is he was inclined. Which went ignored except for your sole comment that you meant PL instead of HOS.

And then my second and last comment on how this thread turned out (or what it turned into).

"rail against"? Seriously, you call that "railing"?

I agree with Andrew, I don't think that many people knew that Matt got shafted a few years back and combined with other bad experiences he had, it's hardly surprising that it put him off of the forum. At least now, his case has been heard and I think that the vast majority have agreed with his dissatisfaction. Looking back at the Secret Santa thread, I can see that others shipped internationally and there was no sign of complaint from them (and I'm referring to shipping to the US, not just from it).

Supapimp has had every opportunity to set the record straight if he felt that anything said was untrue but given his attitude when he posted here, I can only assume that not only was it true but he also just doesn't give a .

Matt left these boards because he got shafted on a few deals by board members that didn't act honourably. Far as I'm concerned Matt's a good guy and we should try to encourage the good guys to hang around. That's what this thread should be about. Anything else is just stupid to argue about.

STFU Noob! I will only deal with RD1970! :baiting:

If you want to continue to rail against my intentions, have at it, I'm content, and you're accomplishing nothing.

I made one direct response to this situation, which was a reasonable and calm suggestion, regarding Anfield bringing this up in the PL discussion is he was inclined. Which went ignored except for your sole comment that you meant PL instead of HOS.

And then my second and last comment on how this thread turned out (or what it turned into).

"rail against"? Seriously, you call that "railing"?

Rail fail. :makepoint: