• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Captain Marvel ski jump toy from 1940's is only 50 bucks ???

18 posts in this topic

How does that even work...

You ladies and gents know what im talkin about right?

That little papery fragile enveloppe containing the papery-fragile toy you assemble ?

A buddy of mine has one,and you're gonna think its the newbie talking but yes,it's in perfect condition.

And yet,after searching infos on it,i find its only worth 30 to 60 bucks...

My head is spinning from the fact its from the 1940's looking like it was bought yesterday.

That,to me is even more mindboggling that a comic from that era.

Truly fascinating.

Any other toys you guys and gals have that look like this ?

Please post as i still have a little bit of drool left. :grin:

There was a very large warehouse find of all of those Fawcett paper toys. I saw a dealer in the late eighties with a long box full of just the Capt. Marvel Jr. Ski Jump. Must have been 600 of them. All prestine.

captain_marvel_jr_ski_jump_a.jpg

Sea Gate used to have boxes of these Fawcett paper toys. I foolishly bought a bunch instead of buying one or two to test the market and still have quite a few. There is an aircraft carrier that is pretty kool. I believe there is a battleship but that seems much rarer.

Those ski jump paper toys were all OVER the midwest circa 20 years ago....at five bucks apiece.

There's a bucketful of mint copies circulating around, my best guess at a fair retail these days would be $20 to $40

I used to see at least one of these at every flea market and junk shop I went to twenty years ago when I used to frequent those sort of places. $5 -$10 was the usual price, and I don't think too many sold.

The Major Inapak of 1940s toys.

There was a very large warehouse find of all of those Fawcett paper toys. I saw a dealer in the late eighties with a long box full of just the Capt. Marvel Jr. Ski Jump. Must have been 600 of them. All prestine.

captain_marvel_jr_ski_jump_a.jpg

10s of 1000s of these. Seriously. One or two varieties of the paper toys exist in lesser numbers, but are still common.

They are seriously cool, though. Never buy one for more than $20 and less than perfect condition.

How does that even work...

You ladies and gents know what im talkin about right?

That little papery fragile enveloppe containing the papery-fragile toy you assemble ?

A buddy of mine has one,and you're gonna think its the newbie talking but yes,it's in perfect condition.

And yet,after searching infos on it,i find its only worth 30 to 60 bucks...

My head is spinning from the fact its from the 1940's looking like it was bought yesterday.

That,to me is even more mindboggling that a comic from that era.

Truly fascinating.

Any other toys you guys and gals have that look like this ?

Please post as i still have a little bit of drool left. :grin:

Saw them years ago at a flea market 2 bucks each.

A couple of years ago somebody was trying to sell crates of these things on eBay. It was like a truckload of them, maybe it was what was left of the warehouse find. They were attempting to sell them all in one bulk lot for what amounted to pennies apiece. If I remember correctly it was still several thousand dollars for the lot and I don't think there were any takers. I wish I had saved the photos from the auction, it was mind boggling.

I'm sure these are part of the Fawcett warehouse find from the 1970s, which I believe was shared by Sparkle City and the former Dragon's Lair here in the Dayton area. I think SC got most of the comics-related material, and DL got a lot of Fawcett magazines and other publications. The find was massive, and certain material turns up in large numbers.

A couple of years ago somebody was trying to sell crates of these things on eBay. It was like a truckload of them, maybe it was what was left of the warehouse find. They were attempting to sell them all in one bulk lot for what amounted to pennies apiece. If I remember correctly it was still several thousand dollars for the lot and I don't think there were any takers. I wish I had saved the photos from the auction, it was mind boggling.

:hi:

:cloud9:

The Major Inapak of 1940s toys.

Major Inapak Rulz!!!!

inapakfc.jpg

inapakbc.jpg

Never saw this. Now I want one. Can I trade you a Wally Wood' Cannon for one?

If you want to I'd be happy to. I have a bunch of each but that is a fair trade.