• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Amazing Spider-man review thread (All reviews here )

220 posts in this topic

He stopped looking for the robber so they could milk that angle for the next film.

Such pessimism! How would anyone find one guy in a city of 8 million? Better writing would be that not finding the guy means he never experiences the catharsis of avenging his uncle, thereby filling him with more unresolved anger to motivate his crime-fighting than was the case in Stan's version where he caught the burglar the same night Ben was killed.

I dunno, I thought Stan did a pretty good job (shrug)

I preferred RAIMI's movies, cheese and all. It just felt like there was more magic and charm in those than in this one. And the new one suffers from the "reboot" syndrome. I hate reboots in comics and the same applies to movies. Are we going to get yet another origin story in 10 years with another cast? *sigh* Perhaps my feelings would be reversed had this been the FIRST SPIDEY movie of all-time.

Objectively speaking, I enjoyed watching TED more than this movie. After 3 previous SPIDER-MAN movies, a million SPIDEY comics, and all of the other superhero movies it's become stale to me.

I'm glad I saw this for free.

But, younger fans might enjoy it, and it's probably aimed at them, because people like myself don't get much satisfaction out of the "been there, done that a million times" reaction.

I wish they hadn't rebooted also, but they made up for it with sweet, delicious web-swinging and plenty of tasty Spidey acrobatic action shots. You guys complaining about the plot, story, and characters need to put your dresses on and go back to playing with your baby dolls and Barbies--the fighting and action scenes are what matter in a superhero film. :sumo: The amount of estrogen flowing through this thread is surprising given that almost everyone posting are old men. :baiting:

He stopped looking for the robber so they could milk that angle for the next film.

Such pessimism! How would anyone find one guy in a city of 8 million? Better writing would be that not finding the guy means he never experiences the catharsis of avenging his uncle, thereby filling him with more unresolved anger to motivate his crime-fighting than was the case in Stan's version where he caught the burglar the same night Ben was killed.

Agree, but anything created by anyone has room for improvement--when retelling a story brainstorming improvements is almost always the way to go.

Agree, but anything created by anyone has room for improvement--when retelling a story brainstorming improvements is almost always the way to go.

I have no response for this.

Reading all these posts and impressions on the film, the bottom line is that this SM reboot isn't a consensus tour-de-force superhero film. The review of the 16-year-old viewer is compelling, because that's the age when most of us (at least me) were devouring comic books.

On the bright side, it seems that the ingredients are there (acting, commitment to playing out sub-plots) for a better Part Deux. I'm a huge Spidey fan but I've decided seeing this film once is enough. Contrast that with having seen Avengers and Cap three times each.

I have no response for your lack of a response, but I decided to respond anyway. :boo:

I have no response for your lack of a response, but I decided to respond anyway. :boo:

Attention whore :baiting:

I wish they hadn't rebooted also, but they made up for it with sweet, delicious web-swinging and plenty of tasty Spidey acrobatic action shots. You guys complaining about the plot, story, and characters need to put your dresses on and go back to playing with your baby dolls and Barbies--the fighting and action scenes are what matter in a superhero film. :sumo: The amount of estrogen flowing through this thread is surprising given that almost everyone posting are old men. :baiting:

(thumbs u

Alot of people have ask me this question:

Why are they rebooting the Spider-man franchise so soon?

Oh you mean rebooting a movie franchise that started 10 years ago. :/

I would think the answer is back in 2002 millions of kids in this country were either just born or under 3 years old. Now they are 10-15 years old. Rinse and repeat to make millions and keep each new generation knowing the character.

This is one of main reason why AF 15's are selling for stupid money with now the worldwide exposure to the character.

So you're saying it's McDowell's, not McDonald's.

Thanks for that info.

Look... me and the McDonald's people got this little misunderstanding. See, they're McDonald's... I'm McDowell's. They got the Golden Arches, mine is the Golden Arcs. They got the Big Mac, I got the Big Mick. We both got two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions, but their buns have sesame seeds. My buns have no seeds

Thanks for that info.

Look... me and the McDonald's people got this little misunderstanding. See, they're McDonald's... I'm McDowell's. They got the Golden Arches, mine is the Golden Arcs. They got the Big Mac, I got the Big Mick. We both got two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions, but their buns have sesame seeds. My buns have no seeds

There's more than seeds missing from this Spidey. I think they forgot the Special Sauce. hm

Thanks for that info.

There's more than seeds missing from this Spidey. I think they forgot the Special Sauce. hm

Nah it hit everything a Spider-man should want to see, especially if you liked the Ultimate Spider-man comic.

Like I said before this movie was made for the younger generations. People over even my age are stilled geared more to the 60's style (I'm 31). It wouldn't make sense anymore for a kid to have a job at a newspaper taking pictures. Kids today need to get hooked on the character not anyone born before 1990 as we are already in for life. (shrug)

Thanks for that info.

Yeah, unfortunately they made the mistake of going back to the mechanical web shooters...what were they thinking?!? :baiting:

Thanks for that info.

$35MM on the first night. That buys an awful lot of Big Macs. hm

So you saw it then?

I saw that Glee trailer. That will have to suffice until they have a half off night at Redbox.

So you saw it then?

I saw that Glee trailer. That will have to suffice until they have a half off night at Redbox.

joe_collector asked me to tell you to stop stealing his schtick. (tsk) I told him you were just filling in for his negativity temporarily until he returns and that he should look at it as an honor. :angel: