• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Amazing Spider-man review thread (All reviews here )

220 posts in this topic

Thats right the new kid starts it. :grin:

I havent seen it yet,but i was reading Aintitcool tonight and saw 4 of Harry Knowles's cronies giving their reviews so i figured why not ?

First one is a small video review only a few minutes long,no spoilers.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/56680

The three others are somewhat longer and each of them go into a more profound analysis of the good and bad points concerning exposition,a slightly different origin story,the main goals of the many important characters and so on.

And yes,these are more "spoilery " so you might want to skip this post till AFTER you've seen the film.For the others,have a blast as soon as you want reading all of these.

The Nordling review

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/56707

Matt Adler review

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/56704

The kid review

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/56709

I truly hope this film tanks.

But I know it won't simply due to the character's world-wide appeal.

When does the movie rights revert from Sony back to Marvel/Disney?

Sometime after they have finished destroying it by making "Spider-Man Meets Borat" and "Spider-Man the Musical."

Hands down the best Spider-Man movie so far!

I have to admit that I did not expect much, but after watching it.... I love it! :luhv:

They did a great job developing Parkers character and his relationship to Gwen. It has the right amount of action and wit and Garfield and Stone are extraordinary actors.

I saw the midnight release of the new Spider-Man movie, and I liked it!

There was nothing ground breaking in the storyline, but it was still a good re-telling of Spider-Man. I don't really think that this actor should have been cast as Peter Parker, but given that he was, I think that he did a fairly good job of going a slightly different direction with the character in terms of personality. One of the main things, is that I think Peter Parker looked too much like a pretty-boy and not enough like a stereotypical tech nerd.

Gwen Stacy was well done in my opinion. :luhv: All of the secondary characters were good as well.

The movie was cheesy at parts, but I don't think it was overbearing. The only thing that I didn't like was the way that the Lizard looked and sounded. I thought he should have looked and sounded more like a raptor from Jurassic Park, just larger and more dextrous.

Overall, I'd recommend the movie! :cool:

One of the main things, is that I think Peter Parker looked too much like a pretty-boy and not enough like a stereotypical tech nerd.

He's always been a pretty boy--he didn't land a model for nothing. I usually picture John Romita's version which is drawn to be clean-cut and quite handsome.

asm_43_pp_and_mj.jpg

One of the main things, is that I think Peter Parker looked too much like a pretty-boy and not enough like a stereotypical tech nerd.

He's always been a pretty boy--he didn't land a model for nothing. I usually picture John Romita's version which is drawn to be clean-cut and quite handsome.

asm_43_pp_and_mj.jpg

I think Romita Sr. is one of the best, but the Spider-Man in my mind is the one seen in AF #15 and #1-38.

Wow. Here we go.

I liked it better than the first three Spider-Man movies.

Didn't think that would happen.

Went in hoping it would be good. Turns out it was great.

My point in making this one was hoping that everyone would come up and post their reviews once they see it.

Hoping to avoid 87 threads of " I saw Spidey yadayada.. "

And for those who have seen it,you might wanna read the kid review in the first post and see how a very important event in the film creates a motivation for the character which is not consistent at all with the 50-year canon.

People create websites for upcoming films all the time but the official site is nevertheless the official site.

Not that hard. (thumbs u