• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2012 San Diego Comic Con Sales Thread

1,200 posts in this topic

I wish all batman books had five-star stories! :flamed:

lol! Well I do too, but...

I was just using that as an example to show that I collect more than one different kind of comic book and it's because I have different reasons for collecting those different types. For me, GFT collecting is about the slutty cover art. Not that others can't collect them for the stories. To each is his own. But if I'm going to pick up a book to expect a good story, I would pick up stuff like the current Batman series or the current Daredevil series (which I do).

If you were going to actually read GFT for the actual stories, go for the earlier releases which actually related the fairy tales to a person's current situation, back when the stories were about moral choices and accepting consequences for your actions. That was when the stories were the best. The creators actually said that they just wanted to do enough issues to collect into a graphic novel, but the early stories were so popular that they just kept going. Straight Edge is right about it now, with most people just collecting the comics for their covers. I only buy the specials for their covers, because generally the graphic novels have cover galleries at the end of them

New hot title from Image...

Revival #1 Awesome Conventions Edition.

revival1awesome.jpg

400 copies at the show. I set some aside a little while ago.

$25 NM+ or better

$70 CGC 9.8 Fast Tracked.

2X $25 NM+ or better!

:takeit:

also not sure if my post earlier for poyo prior to it being up that i'd want it counts, but if you have two I'd take them raw also! (1 or 2 copies!)

revival1awesome.jpg

25 copies available. 7 LEFT!

$25 NM+ or better

:takeit: x1 - CGC 9.8

do people buy the Zenescope for the stories or just the covers.

I actually do read the stories, but the covers, I think, are the main draw. I haven't enjoyed some of what I have read from them, and certain writers I can't get into. Initially, if I buy a GFT book, it's based on the cover. If I like what's on the inside, then that's an added bonus. Regardless, I read all of the ones that I buy. I don't count on the GFT books for the writing though, I just happen to enjoy the slutty covers. It's just one small part of my collection. I have my Batman books if I want five-star stories to read.

I read GFT for the articles.

Jerome

revival1awesome.jpg

25 copies available. 7 LEFT!

$25 NM+ or better

$70 CGC 9.8 Fast Tracked. :takeit:

For all those waiting for Zenescope books due to the rules they put on us retailers I can not sell my books until Sunday night, right after the show ends.

There have been many PMs sent in the past week (wish lists) that I have not opened so as to not loose track of requests. I'm not ignoring you... well maybe some of you. lol

Again, if you are looking for blue label and SS copies PM me so I have an idea of what needs to be done number wise before the show ends.

On the limited to 75 EBAS and limited to 100 Chaz Swimsuit issues... Since they are numbered and witnessed I will most likely sub the majority of them as sig series, and keep a couple of each of them raw for sale.

Sorry for keeping everyone waiting but I have to play by the rules presented to me but rest assured I have great looking copies waiting for you as usual.

I bought a number of the Zenescope books last night from their table. Dre was by there and looked my stash over with that eagle eye of his. (thanks again Dre :headbang:).

The books are very cool, and I saw the nude ice cream one.. WOW! :o

I recommend everyone picking up whatever Dre has for you sunday night.