• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw the new Spidey movie...

93 posts in this topic

Interested to see what everyone else thought. I thought it was solid-- but had some issues with Andrew Garfield.

Also-- definitely throw up the spoiler tag, but I was very surprised at the selection of the next villain of the franchise in the end credits! :o

Hobgoblin? :wishluck:

My all-time favorite Spidey villain.

Without seeing the movie I'll guess Green Goblin. Since they are rehashing. Probable kill off Gwen in the next one. Seems so predicable to me. I'm not really excited about seeing this one. I'll wait for the crowds to die down.

Going to see it in a couple of hours.

Always excited to see them on the big screen - especially after growing up with no decent super hero films (apart from Supes) for soooooo many years.

Saw it at a Midnight showing my local comic shop arranged with the theater across the street. Enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. As big a Raimi fan as I am, I think it blew any of the Trilogy away...

I also saw a midnight showing and thought it was a great movie! The 3D was pretty awesome in some parts, especially some of the very end when they focus on Spidey and his webs. I thought Andrew Garfield was great and I really like the tone of Peter's character. I actually thought the whole cast was pretty awesome, Aunt May, Gwen, Captain Stacy and even Flash!

Wasn't as "fun" as Avengers but if that is an "A" movie then I give The Amazing Spider-Man a solid B+

What have learn from boardies and there pre-movie release assumptions. :eyeroll:

Most of the time when you guys say a movie is gonna to blow it actually turns out to be a good/decent movie.

X-men First Class

Captain America

Amazing Spider-man

Then if a movie is going to be good it actually blows balls.

Prometheus (god wasn't that a pathetic butt kissing Ridley Scott thread)

All the terrible Tranformers movies

How could anyone think this new Amazing Spider-man wasn't going to be the best one of all time just from the previews? :makepoint:

Sam Raimi's Spider-man was okay. The Green goblin outfit was brutal, and Spider-man 3 was a complete POS. Spider-man #2 was good, so I will him credit on that one.

The kid they got to play Spider-man in this new re-boot was no pun intended is amazing. Peter Parker is supposed to be an EMO/twilight kid. Re-read the original 60's issues.

Here's an SOT prediction Batman: Dark Knight Rises lookes like it is going to blow balls. :facepalm:

Amazing Spider-man is a good movie that delivers on the hype. I give it an B+/A-, really can't ask for more. I waited for this Spider-man adaptation for 31 years.

Just got back, awesome flick! The strength over Raimi's films was the CGI and sense of action...we've never seen a Spidey on film this fast, agile, creative, jokey, and strong. I've been wanting to jump over car hoods and swing from tree branches for an hour now. :whee:

The villain at the end was left to your imagination with strong hints--my guess was the same as the Wikipedia guess, it's easy if you paid attention to Curt Conners's situation and are familiar with Spidey's villains.

Just back from it. As a long long time fan of the webslinger, I was mostly disappointed. I saw the 3D version and if you want your moneys worth don't buy into this 3D hype not much used and what was shows up at the END of the movie. It dragged at times, most of the story line appeared to be from the Ultimate Line. Uncle Ben as a driving force was way down played (regardless of the VM). I think Andrew Garfield was a very poor choice and seemed to me that he still had some of the "Social Network" character, Emma Stone I really believed she was Gwen Stacy :). The Lizard was also perfect.

Bottom line this move IMHO ranked just under SM 3 but well over the Daredevil/Hulk movies. It really did not hit the mark like the Avengers movie (personally they need to hire a Comic Book man to work on the screen play that is what really made the Avengers story line click (Roy Thomas would have done a great job here)

I'm really sorry to say I can only give it 2 1/2 stars but hope that the next movie picks up the pace, plus I really wished this movie was just a continuation of sorts or a forget about the origin story because it's already been told like most of the Batman/Superman movies.

Last item I have no idea who Dr. Conners was talking to after the credits but I'm someone will spill the beans. If they follow the comic story line it might be the Chameleon since it can't be the Red Skull (owed by Disney)