• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead #100 15 Covers

486 posts in this topic

Just a reminder to myself that beauty is in the eye of the beholder...I think the 50 superhero cover and the 94 image expo sketch are the two WORST covers in the the entire run. Despise them both with a passion. :)

Jim

I agree about the 50 superhero. Hate it. Ridiculous that it was even made. It's the only variant I have no desire to buy. I kinda like the 94 though.

the SDCC bw variant has a print run of 7500

not sure if mentioned yet or not

So does that mean you were able to get enough copies to cover the take it's in the wd 100 sales thread?

Yes. As posted in the sales thread (thumbs u

The 10000 Print run is all speculation at this point.

The problem isn't the print run it is how nasty the copies were after people got done running for thirty minutes lol

Dre and I saw some copies that had a lot of moisture prints on them or color breaks. I had 1 person bring up nice copies to me over the weekend that they got at the run.

It will be an interesting book to see how the market responds but I personally think a lot of these did not go to comic collectors or people that worry about grades of their comics...

When I was waiting for my run and after I got finished with my run, I saw at least 100 people that didn't care about the grade of the books. They were using them as fans, stuffing them in back packs, folded in back pockets, holding them in their mouth as they were doing something else, and a number of other things that would drop them down to the good range.

hmmm according to Newsarama, there are ONLY 13 cvrs? Who said that there were 15 cvrs??

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/walking-dead-100-sold-out-384k-orders.html

PLUS the print run for WD 100 is 384,000... I would have thought it would break the 500k mark

There are two covers that haven't been released yet to my knowledge. One is a black cover with red lettered title and the other is all white.

hmmm according to Newsarama, there are ONLY 13 cvrs? Who said that there were 15 cvrs??

PLUS the print run for WD 100 is 384,000... I would have thought it would break the 500k mark

There are two covers that haven't been released yet to my knowledge. One is a black cover with red lettered title and the other is all white.

are those gonna be like the 2nd or 3rd printing??? or are they gonna be another retailer/show exclusive??

The 10000 Print run is all speculation at this point.

The problem isn't the print run it is how nasty the copies were after people got done running for thirty minutes lol

Dre and I saw some copies that had a lot of moisture prints on them or color breaks. I had 1 person bring up nice copies to me over the weekend that they got at the run.

It will be an interesting book to see how the market responds but I personally think a lot of these did not go to comic collectors or people that worry about grades of their comics...

I disagree. The problem or lack of a problem is the print run. A very small percentage of this speculated print run is needed to satisfy the demand. There should be no shortage of high grade copies.

are those gonna be like the 2nd or 3rd printing??? or are they gonna be another retailer/show exclusive??

If I had to guess, I would say that the black & red cover is going to be released at Chicago to Walking Dead VIP Ticket holders & that the white one will be mid-Ohio b/c its blank & the whole cast will probably go to promote the new TV season, but that is 100% speculation.

If I had to guess, I would say that the black & red cover is going to be released at Chicago to Walking Dead VIP Ticket holders & that the white one will be mid-Ohio b/c its blank & the whole cast will probably go to promote the new TV season, but that is 100% speculation.

I can't speak to any future WD #100 variants, but there's no chance whatsoever the whole cast of Walking Dead will go to Mid Ohio. It's a mid-tier, regional Wizard World show where the top "celebrities" are people like Lou Ferrigno and Dean Cain.

There's speculation and then there's "just making random things up" - that statement was entirely in the latter category :thumbsup:

lol

Well that would be well worth the effort to be sure. Otherwise when I hear Ohio I am reminded of Wayne and Garth's excitement of appearing in Delaware on the blue screen.