• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead #100 15 Covers

486 posts in this topic

lets be real here. who would be all that shocked if someone has already handed CGC a fresh case of these to slab?

did you really think that any unused CASES would be destroyed? lol

nobody really knows either way. it's all speculation. they might release the copies that weren't given out, they might not. i don't believe anyone can say either way for sure. if i'm wrong, prove me wrong.

lets be real here. who would be all that shocked if someone has already handed CGC a fresh case of these to slab?

nobody really knows either way. it's all speculation. they might release the copies that weren't given out, they might not. i don't believe anyone can say either way for sure. if i'm wrong, prove me wrong.

The mythical someone. lol

Does this someone print his own copies?

Even if 25% "survive" that still leaves enough for everyone who needs a high grade copy for their collection.

Jim

+1

This is what I'm really hoping for. 2,500 nice copies out there and the few of us who really care about scoring one should, in the end, be able to pick one up at a price point they're marginally happy with. It might take a month or so, but I'm thinking I'll eventually get it.

As much as I agree with being there and seeing bent/moisture copies at the end of the day there will be plenty of nice copies. It's just the percentages given the print run.

Will there be some collectors willing to pay more because they are frustrated seeing the bad copies. Probably.

i completely agree with this. i do think however, that these books will go down in price soon, just right now if you have a decent copy, you can still get a decent price on them. should end up around $25-40 imo.

The fact most people agree the book will decrease in price proves Branget's point. Most of the people paying the high prices right now just want to have it NOW.

Think about it, if it's hard to find a high grade copy due to the sweaty hands, the price increase should happen LATER after collectors have tried unsuccessfully to find a high grade copy. Then later they spring for the 9.8 and pay the premium for the high grade book because high grades are rare and it's worth it.

To pay a higher amount NOW seems like buying into "Carnival Barking." 2c

Nobody knows, but an educated guess would be that a case of NM copies of an exclusive variant of one of the hottest comics on the stands isn't going in the trash when they are selling for $100 a copy on eBay.

Were you guys one of the people who purchased the "Xbox box" for $500 when those were going around on ebay? lol

In all seriousness, I too have been very guilty of having a clicking finger react quicker than a set of eyes reading the full title/description.

It's the sellers who intentionally mislead (e.g. not putting it's a poster in the title, along with writing " not a CGC 9.8 NM COMIC" in the title to make it seem like it's a comic) who really disturb me.

With the opportunity to return any purchase I put the responsibility on the seller to better communicate what they're selling. I assume all responsibility for my listings and so should they.

I know it's not technically another cover, but any thoughts on the future for the limited edition (100 copies) box set? I've seen them going for up to $750 on the bay - with so few copies I guess it's not ridiculous to think that there will be people out there willing to pay high prices for a while yet.

I dunno. 3 sold on sunday between 630 and 750 while one ended yesterday at $444. There's really nothing in there that's exclusive to the box except the box itself and the signed silk screened print. The watch was sold separately. So was the shirt, and there's 20,000,000 issues of the comic floating around. I thought it was pricey at $250. And it's not like Kirkman or Adlard's signature is rare anymore.

I agree with Point #4 regarding the population (print run).

It's more about the Supply and Demand than the scarcity. If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is there to hear it, did it truly fall?

If scarcity was the only factor, then every single original art page of The Walking Dead should be worth thousands of dollars when compared to the print run of a comic book with 100, 200 or 500 issues printed compared to a "one of a kind" (1 of 1 the ultimate in limited editions!) of each original art page.

But, there's far more comic book collectors than original art collectors who could care less about the art and want the actual physical published comic, so the demand drives up the prices where there's more buyers than sellers or supply.

Yeah, the one shop down here that got it was selling it for $450 and it sold. I just don't see why it's so much with a 500 print run. Figured it's just the hype.

I think it's a couple of things:

1.) The way the book was distributed, you are lucky to get your hands on even one copy

2.) the rarest variant of an extremely hot book, and the one everyone will need to complete their set

3.) fantastic cover

4.) I think the rarest variant of a landmark issue which is the focal point of an incredible amount of attention will always be more desirable, and therefore more valuable, than any other random variant for any other regular issues. For example: Even though the print run of the WD 94 B&W Image Expo book is only 200, I think the demand for the rarest WD 100 variant far outstrips demand for WD 94 B&W, so the value of the Comixology WD 100 will be greater than the value of the WD 94 variant, even though the print run is higher.